Merged 15x: Big Ben Hurt in motorcycle accident. | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 15x: Big Ben Hurt in motorcycle accident.

PhinSoldia said:
any idea on when he could be back?

No idea if or when he could. The 2 injuried knees might hurt him the worst and who knows if he's be able to even play this season or the rest of his career for that matter. I think it shifts the question for the season opener from will C-pep be ready to will Big ben be ready.

PhinSoldia said:
any idea on when he could be back?
I'm no medical doctor, but a broken jaw can take anywhere up to a YEAR to recover from fully. Not to mention he's going to be having lots and lots of surgery to repair his teeth, and who knows how bad his knees got injured (some say it they were severely injured, others report only minor.)

But, if any one thing tells you something, it's that all sports betting sites have removed the Dolphins at Steelers game for Week 1, probably to reassess the line without Big Ben.

MARINO1384 said:
No idea if or when he could. The 2 injuried knees might hurt him the worst and who knows if he's be able to even play this season or the rest of his career for that matter. I think it shifts the question for the season opener from will C-pep be ready to will Big ben be ready.

news said it was bruised knees...but i didnt know that an injured jaw would be soo much of a problem in football...and if so you can rule Ben out for the opener

I hate to hear this happened, he was quickly became a star in the nfl and is one of my favorite players of all time. I think he'd be better off sitting this year out and coming back the next year. Trust me big Ben will be back, hes a fighter and a winner and you will see him on the field again. maybe even this year!

IF I remember correctly Peyton came back pretty quick after Jason taylor
broke his jaw...HAHA, Anyway the idiot in the car is to blame here, helmet
or no helmet, hope he's back for week two. " BILLS SUCK"

CDNPHIN said:
IF I remember correctly Peyton came back pretty quick after Jason taylor
broke his jaw...HAHA, Anyway the idiot in the car is to blame here, helmet
or no helmet, hope he's back for week two. " BILLS SUCK"

That was Lorenzo Brommell, not JT.

themole said:
I haven't read any of the details, but if the woman turned in front of him in an intersection, no. Motorcyclist can't afford the luxury of pointing the finger after the fact. Ben should have recognized the potentual for an accident.

Nothing you have said makes any sense. Ben was cut off by another driver yet he should have known it was coming??? Get real. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Gonk said:
I'm no medical doctor, but a broken jaw can take anywhere up to a YEAR to recover from fully. Not to mention he's going to be having lots and lots of surgery to repair his teeth, and who knows how bad his knees got injured (some say it they were severely injured, others report only minor.)

But, if any one thing tells you something, it's that all sports betting sites have removed the Dolphins at Steelers game for Week 1, probably to reassess the line without Big Ben.

From KFFL:

Steelers | Roethlisberger injury update
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 16:57:01 -0700
Updating previous items, Jill King Greenwood and Karen Roebuck, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (head, knee) lost most of his teeth, fractured his left sinus cavity bone, suffered a nine-inch laceration to the back of his head and a broken jaw, and injured both of his knees when he hit the ground following a motorcycling accident Monday, June 12, according to Pittsburgh police.

You're right this is not good for the Steelers.

Most of his teeth are gone. Ouch.

Irish Phin Fan said:
Nothing you have said makes any sense. Ben was cut off by another driver yet he should have known it was coming??? Get real. You have no idea what you are talking about.

If you are going to, or expect to ride a motorcycle for any length of time you had better expect something like that to happen to you at every intersection. Don't tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about. You are the :goof: in this instance. I have avoided just such accidents as the one Ben experienced today because I ride DEFENSIVELY! I can tell that YOU have never ridden, because you would know what I'm talking about if you had.

welderpat said:
The realy bad part of this is the dent in the steel above the windshield.

I mentioned that in the posts I made of this pic...I'm guessing that is the crushed sinus cavity.

Spray Mucus said:
you can atl east give a little more details.

Ben wasn't wearing a helmet, hit his head on a winsheld of another car as he flew over the handle bars.

I hate to say this, but, what an idiot! The guy is on top of the NFL world riht now and does something so stupid.

I'm not glad he got hurt but, can you blame me for saying he diserved it?

he should have been wearing a helmet, but he likely would have been injured even if he was due to the nature of the accident

RobFins2005 said:
he should have been wearing a helmet, but he likely would have been injured even if he was due to the nature of the accident

Sure but he would probably still have his teeth, no gash in his head and probably just a concussion instead of a broken jaw.

People who dont wear helments on motorcycles are just stupid and get no pitty from me*. Hopefully he recovers but i truly don't care, he made his bed now its time to sleep in it.

* same goes for those who don't wear seatbelts while in cars.

RobFins2005 said:

not many are lucky and survive their first bike/car encounter. I have heard it said that the first one is the killer, survive that one and your attitude changes.

Irish, I know exactly what Mole is saying, I'm surprised you don't. I watch their eyes, their hands, their front tires, where they glance, EVERYTHING is a clue, and I always know where I'm going IF they pull in front of me. I constantly scan for exits and options.

Irish Phin Fan said:

He is kind of right in a way. When you ride motorcycles its just a matter of time when you go down either accidentallly falling yourself or a motorcycle Vs Car.

No matter who is at fault the bike rider will always get hurt. Its a fact and Ben knew the consequence. You live by the sword you die by the sword!

Anyways, I really hope he gets better.

Back
Top Bottom