Merged:Booker and Andersen would make us legit/ Anderson will be a Fin... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Booker and Andersen would make us legit/ Anderson will be a Fin...

Grumpy said:
A fairly good look at a team is how many players are picked up from each team in a fantasy draft. It gives you an opinion from the 10 teams (in our case) how everyone thinks the team will do offensively. It was flat out pityful for the Dolphins players. Everyone with the exception of Chambers was at the bottom.

Patriots 2003: top fantasy players: Vinateiri (mid-level K); Brady (mid-level QB) ; Troy Brown (mid-level WR...huge disappointment); A. Smith (weak RB); highly-rated D/ST

Bucs 2002: Brad Johnson; Keyshawn; Pittman, Alstott (all mid-level at best in fantasy terms); a highly rated D/ST

Pats 2001: almost same cast of characters as in 2003, except maybe everyone was rated a bit lower (except Bledsoe was a mid-tier QB at the beginning of the year)

Ravens 2000: Dilfer; Jamal Lewis (rookie year...certainly not highly-rated); Ismail (all very weak) ; a highly-rated D/ST

So, Grumps...what you are saying is that by having a bunch of mid to lower rated offensive players (in fantasy football terms) but a highly rated D/ST, we stand a decent chance of winning the Superbowl, given the recent history of the NFL?

Thanks for being so optimistic! I would say playoffs are a shot, but you are saying we will win the Superbowl...thanks for the positive spin on this rocky off-season!

Grumpy said:
I've been a Dolphin fan since the early 70's and I hate to say it but this may very well be the worst team in the history of the Fish.

The 'D' was ranked 10th last year and got softer with the Wade trade.
The 'O" will be flat awful, a so-so line, no running backs and 2 backup QBs trying to become starters.

I try to be optimistic but the Pats got better, Buffalo got better and the Jets have a healthy Pennington. I give us 4-12 and last in the division.

Don't look at this team thru rose colored glasses, they're bottom feeders this year. I'd like to be proved wrong but I just don't see it.
Is this all your own opinion or do Sneezy, Happy, Dopey and Doc agree with you? :)
Seriously, even the most pessimistic Dolphins fan could not possibly think this year's team could be worse than the '66-'69 versions, no matter how they compare to the years after that.

FiN.in.RI said:
considering Edge will be a fin next season the only way we acquire a RB should be from the waiver wire just my opinion because I want us to have these two 3rds (and the rest of our picks) going into the draft.

agree...

next draft can be a great 1st round with we can use this 3rd in a up move...

Grumpy said:
If I'm wrong I'll be happy to eat some Crow. Someone tell me where the Dolphins improved from last year and their 10-6, missed the playoffs performance?
It's kinda hard to tell where they are better until they start playing REAL games. Just wait.

DannyNoonan said:
Patriots 2003: top fantasy players: Vinateiri (mid-level K); Brady (mid-level QB) ; Troy Brown (mid-level WR...huge disappointment); A. Smith (weak RB); highly-rated D/ST

Bucs 2002: Brad Johnson; Keyshawn; Pittman, Alstott (all mid-level at best in fantasy terms); a highly rated D/ST

Pats 2001: almost same cast of characters as in 2003, except maybe everyone was rated a bit lower (except Bledsoe was a mid-tier QB at the beginning of the year)

Ravens 2000: Dilfer; Jamal Lewis (rookie year...certainly not highly-rated); Ismail (all very weak) ; a highly-rated D/ST

So, Grumps...what you are saying is that by having a bunch of mid to lower rated offensive players (in fantasy football terms) but a highly rated D/ST, we stand a decent chance of winning the Superbowl, given the recent history of the NFL?

Thanks for being so optimistic! I would say playoffs are a shot, but you are saying we will win the Superbowl...thanks for the positive spin on this rocky off-season!

Thank you! I saw that comment by Grumpy trying to equate fantasy stars and success and thought it was the most misinformed piece of tripe I'd seen in a while.

Grumpy said:
I've been a Dolphin fan since the early 70's and I hate to say it but this may very well be the worst team in the history of the Fish.

The 'D' was ranked 10th last year and got softer with the Wade trade.
The 'O" will be flat awful, a so-so line, no running backs and 2 backup QBs trying to become starters.

I try to be optimistic but the Pats got better, Buffalo got better and the Jets have a healthy Pennington. I give us 4-12 and last in the division.

Don't look at this team thru rose colored glasses, they're bottom feeders this year. I'd like to be proved wrong but I just don't see it.

I can only agree with your assessment on one side of the ball.
The offense could very well be the worst we've ever had this year.
Only hope = 1) The OL comes together before we get too deep into the season and 2) We need to get a RB that can come in and carry the load at least to the abilities that Lamar Smith was able to do.
If that happens we could be OK but if not...... It will be ugly.

The Defensive side of the ball I really have to disagree with you.
This may be the absolute best unit we've had in years.
The secondary is deep with talent.
We don't have that 3rd weak CB that can get us burned like teams have been able to do for years. The DL will be tough as always with Bowens and a rejuvinated Chester. The DE that will replace O-Gun of course won't have as much production but there are guys there that could be very effective. D. Bowens, Grigsby, etc. LB crew seems to be deeper than we've had in a LONG time.

I think this Defense is going to be VERY good. The question is whether the offense can even be good enough to keep them off the field enough to stay effective. We may see a lot of 3 and outs from our offense and if that's the case our D will tire as the year goes on.

I don't give them a snowballs chance in H#ll to challenge for a title but they could put together a decent record and possibly get a wild card spot if and only if the OL gels and we get a RB.

If I was a running back that was going to be traded from the Bronco's O-line to the Phins O-line, I think I would fake a training camp injury. The Bronc's O-line could make Olindo Mare into a decent runner. In contrast, the Phins O-line made Ricky Williams look like a guy who would give up 8 million dollars rather than touch a football again.

GMP-AGAIN said:
Wouldn't mind getting Anderson. I don't know exactly how anyone can legitimately think Booker is going to help this team other than supplying a warm body with slightly above average talent. He certainly wasn't, in my opinion, worth giving up O-Gun. Looks like the Bears might end up giving Ole Wanny a little payback with this trade. They are far better off with O-Gun than the Fins are with Booker (IMHO). Booker isn't bad, he just doesn't make up for the talent lost with O-Gun gone.
I might have to disagree with you on this one. While I liked Ogun he certainly looked like he wasn't going to be playing much for us this year. I also think he was a bit overrated as he played opposite of Taylor. This trade might have been better for us. As it gives us another decent receiver. One that is able to get 1000 yards I might add. We got plenty of guys on D to take his place. D.Bowens was the starter before Ogun. So we will be just fine. Plus we get a 3rd out of it which could be a better pick depending on how bears do.

I don't think our Oline is that bad. They just need time to work things out. I would help if Wanny would stop moving them around. I think Minor will be good enough for 2004 and in2005 we can get Edge.

Trades....

Don't do anymore trades! We are going to have the worst record in the NFL and undoubtedly have the #1 overall pick in the draft. Speil-Steddt and Dumb-Steddt will give the #1 overall pick to Denver for Anderson! These guys don't have a CLUE!!!!!:goof:

I started a thread right after Ricky retired about Mike Anderson. I said I would welcome him, Larry Johnson, Najeh Davenport, or Michael Bennett for a 3rd rounder. All of them are ruled out except Anderson. The guy had 1500 yds. and 15 TDs in 2000. He is worth it for 1 year. We only need him for a year to carry the full load because next year we will get Edge. He would then go to fullback and be a great backup if Edge ever got hurt. He's an exceptional blocker.I also think it is naive thinking to believe that Mike Anderson is going to do the same thing Ricky did just because he got busted on the NFL's piss test for pot. If he does mess up and gets busted we will only be out a 3rd rounder with Edge on the way next year,but I don't think thats going to happen. I think he wants to start somewhere ever since 2000. For our situation, he is the top back to get.I would still monitor the Henry/McGahee controversy. Now if we could do something about those lineman......

edphin13 said:
I started a thread right after Ricky retired about Mike Anderson. I said I would welcome him, Larry Johnson, Najeh Davenport, or Michael Bennett for a 3rd rounder. All of them are ruled out except Anderson. The guy had 1500 yds. and 15 TDs in 2000. He is worth it for 1 year. We only need him for a year to carry the full load because next year we will get Edge. He would then go to fullback and be a great backup if Edge ever got hurt. He's an exceptional blocker.I also think it is naive thinking to believe that Mike Anderson is going to do the same thing Ricky did just because he got busted on the NFL's piss test for pot. If he does mess up and gets busted we will only be out a 3rd rounder with Edge on the way next year,but I don't think thats going to happen. I think he wants to start somewhere ever since 2000. For our situation, he is the top back to get.I would still monitor the Henry/McGahee controversy. Now if we could do something about those lineman......
Well said brother!:D

phinfan2003 said:
Who do you think make up that list of 8-10?
Prob any team with a few good backs or marginal ones.Ron Dayne,James Jackson or maybe William green once Suggs takes his job.Mike Anderson or Garrison Hearst from Denver,Foster from Carolina.Hayes from pittsburg.Maybe Tennesse cuts one of theirs.Thats about all i can think of off the top of my head. Not saying i like all these guys or that they are available.

Defense gives up 182 yards rushing
Offense runs for 57 yards.

Titans - 17
Fish - 7

Right on track for a 6-10 season

Grumpy said:
Defense gives up 182 yards rushing
Offense runs for 57 yards.

Titans - 17
Fish - 7

Right on track for a 6-10 season

Which would still be two games better than your prediction.

:shakeno:

That said, I will be curious to see next week. I remember beating the Lions 49-28 a couple of years ago. The first week doesn't really mean a whole lot.

Right now it doesn't look good. :(

But, hey I am sure that is what Pat's fans thought last year after getting shellacked in week one.

Back
Top Bottom