Merged: Brodie Croyle | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brodie Croyle

He´s a pocket QB, lacks a bit of speed but got an awsome arm.

aquawave said:
He´s a pocket QB, lacks a bit of speed but got an awsome arm.

...and is a fragile as crystal...bad idea, croyle in the second....are you sure about the awesome arm? dude weighs about 200 soaking wet, won't last in the big league.

The guy has that "it" factor based on what I saw this year. You cant blame him that Alabama couldn't score. The running game was average at best and every receiver after Tyrone Prothro was a bum who couldnt get separation for their life.

croyle will go day one based on his combine. Probably has strongest arm in draft.

cowtowndick said:
...and is a fragile as crystal...bad idea, croyle in the second....are you sure about the awesome arm? dude weighs about 200 soaking wet, won't last in the big league.

No doubt.....he has a cannon...look it up!!! He also has a long injury history..

Strengths: A pocket passer with adequate height. Continues to add bulk and has the frame to add more. Has excellent arm strength. One of the strongest arms in this draft class. He can make all the NFL throws. Shows great zip on the deep out route. Shows touch and timing as a vertical passer. Can drive the ball downfield and will fit it into tight spots. Has a quick release and shows the ability to get rid of the ball quickly. He shows good overall accuracy. Knows how to beat the blitz. Is improving in terms of making progression reads and reading coverages. Won't throw the ball into coverage very often. Protects the football well. Does a good job of leading his receivers. He's intelligent and hard working. Has very good intangibles. Is a savvy quarterback with a good feel and understanding for the game.

Weaknesses: Has been hampered by injuries throughout his career. Inability to stay healthy is a huge concern and has been a setback in his overall development. He has adequate but not great height. Is lean and still needs to bulk up. Has improved his strength but still needs work in that area. He's not a great athlete. He has below average speed. Doesn't buy enough second-chance passing opportunities. Takes too many sacks and too many hits. Needs to protect himself better. He is not a threat to run. Still needs to improve his underneath touch. He doesn't always take enough velocity off his underneath throws and he won't do a good enough job of leading his receivers on short crossing routes or timing routes.

Man, this team's fans have become addicted to arm strength.

By itself arm strength is useless. See, Ferotte, Gus. Or George, Jeff. Or Leaf, Ryan.

Every year QBs with strong arms or great height are drafted to early. Both are good things to have, of course, but they are overdrafted qualities.

I haven't watched all of Bamas games this past year (and maybe some Tide fans can correct me if I'm wrong on this), but from the games that I have seen, this guy needs some serious work on his deep ball. He's got a plus arm, but he's very inaccurate.

In the Cotton Bowl alone, he missed a couple of WIDE OPEN recievers. And we are talking wide open, like no one in 15 yards of the reciever. For all the people who were rioting against Frerotte missing open recievers, this guy to me doesn't present much of an upgrade in that aspect of the position.

***All Members Please Read - Forum Changes!***
Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
You'll notice that what was once the College| Draft Forum has now been split.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

I like the guy and wouldn't mind taking him in maybe the third round, but I would much rather Cutler in the first.

That would be a HUGH reach. Check ot his injury history...it's about as long as Steven McNair! He will be available in round 3 or maybe even slip to to 4th.

nopony said:
Man, this team's fans have become addicted to arm strength.

By itself arm strength is useless. See, Ferotte, Gus. Or George, Jeff. Or Leaf, Ryan.

Every year QBs with strong arms or great height are drafted to early. Both are good things to have, of course, but they are overdrafted qualities.

Linehan LOVES arm-strength.

well if we miss out on Cutler and Jacobs (in rounds 1 & 2), the next best option in Brody Croyle. He was a pretty good quarterback for Alabama, has all the physical skills you'd want. But his injury history might keep him out of day 1.
I've read some scouting reports that say that Croyle will never get any better than he is already, while nearly everyone else has lots of room to improve.

Back
Top Bottom