Merged: Brodie Croyle | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brodie Croyle

Pocoloco said:
well if we miss out on Cutler and Jacobs (in rounds 1 & 2), the next best option in Brody Croyle. He was a pretty good quarterback for Alabama, has all the physical skills you'd want. But his injury history might keep him out of day 1.
I've read some scouting reports that say that Croyle will never get any better than he is already, while nearly everyone else has lots of room to improve.
Unless Jacobs is spectacualr in workouts and Croyle has some terrible ones, there is no way Jacobs goes ahead of him. I don't see why so many people think Jacobs is going so high. He has potential, but he is a major project.

sports24/7 said:
Unless Jacobs is spectacualr in workouts and Croyle has some terrible ones, there is no way Jacobs goes ahead of him. I don't see why so many people think Jacobs is going so high. He has potential, but he is a major project.

Because of injuries. Croyle has really bad knees, chronically bad. Jacobs had an injury to his non-throwing shoulder.
Jacobs seems slightly more accurate to me, and he is definately more mobile. I think Jacobs is simply a better bet to be able to endure the rigors of starting in the NFL.

brodie croyle

im uga fan and i have seen this guy a few times...strong arm , pretty decent . read coverages pretty well but gets injured quite a bit..my questions for everyone is..if he was there in thr 4th round would you take him as your future qb for this team ?

only if we missed out on QB in rounds 1-3. I question whether the guy can hold up for a full NFL season. I think he might make a really good backup with time.

In the 4th round, yes...some people have him going in the 3rd....I've seen a couple of mocks where he's going to us in the 3rd tho mocks don't mean anything more than just fun.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

he is only a short term fix, he over threw alot of his wr this yr
take it from someone who is from tuscaloosa home of the crimson tide.
he could still be there in the 6th round

He will be on Sabans radar but I think he may be down on his list, so yes, if he is there in rd. four, and we have not picked a Qb yet, I could see Croyle.

Brodie Croyle...Your thoughts

If Cutler is not there at 16 what about taking a guy like Greenway and then taking Croyle in the second?

What are your opinions on Croyle?

I wouldn't spend more than a 3rd on Croyle. He's the 4th or 5th best QB prospect in the draft IMO.

Well, Croyle is intriguing. If you dont hear a thing about him from Saban, then I would say he is way up on Saban's radar. I think he will interview all the QB's and check the characters. I think Omar Jacobs, Whitehurst, Croyle, Shockley are all possibilities but the charachter I think means alot and not making mistakes. Croyle certainly fits that bill. He has some injury issues I understand but so did Crowder and he dropped. So maybe Saban plays the same game.

he has great arm, and throws the deep ball very well. something that might be a problem is his injuries. i wouldnt mind snagging him in the 3rd

He looks like a Brady clone... I dont think he will be as good as Tom but he really looks like him coming out of college... I would spend a 3rd or 4th on him...

I like him alot. If we don't get Cutler I think we need to get Croyle. I really think at this point he is underrated and will really open some eyes at the Senior Bowl.

Mel Kiper loves Croyle, and Todd McShay (Scouts Inc.) says he will be the biggest sleeper/steal at QB in the draft. Great arm strength, even played well when his top two receivers went down. I wouldnt be dissapointed at all if we drafted Croyle with our second.

Back
Top Bottom