Merged: Brodie Croyle | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brodie Croyle

Croyle wont be there with our 3rd rd pick. If Cutler is gone at #16 then he may be an option in the 2nd rd.

Croyle in a later round is more interesting to me than Cutler at 16.

Cutler in a later round is more interesting than Croyle at all......

I like his intanglibles....i would almost rather get a defensive stud in teh first, and hten grab Croyle in the 3rd. Mayb second, but i think that is a little reach.

The way I'm sensing things are going for Croyle...I know everyone is almost already penciling Cutler in for a big Senior Bowl and moving into the high first round, but the guy I think that will look best at the Senior Bowl is Brodie Croyle. And, if he does, don't be surprised if he moves into the first round area. People see too much of Tom Brady in this guy, IMO, for them to allow him to slide into the 3rd round area.

IMO, when all is said and done, I think you could see Croyle move into the same area that Jason Campbell moved into last year.

Caps said:
I wouldn't spend more than a 3rd on Croyle. He's the 4th or 5th best QB prospect in the draft IMO.

I think he's probably the 4th best Qb, but because I think Cutler/Leinart/Young all go in the first, he'll be taken in the 2nd rd.

ckparrothead said:
The way I'm sensing things are going for Croyle...I know everyone is almost already penciling Cutler in for a big Senior Bowl and moving into the high first round, but the guy I think that will look best at the Senior Bowl is Brodie Croyle. And, if he does, don't be surprised if he moves into the first round area. People see too much of Tom Brady in this guy, IMO, for them to allow him to slide into the 3rd round area.

IMO, when all is said and done, I think you could see Croyle move into the same area that Jason Campbell moved into last year.

If he gained enough weight and everything goes perfectly maybe he sneaks in similar to J.P. Losman.

djfresh47 said:
I think he's probably the 4th best Qb, but because I think Cutler/Leinart/Young all go in the first, he'll be taken in the 2nd rd.

Just because he is the 4th best QB, opinions that he will drop to the second round doesn't mean squat. There have been drafts when 4 QB's were taken in the first. If the QB has talent and looks promising, teams will be more than willing to spend a very high draft pick for him...and if Croyle plays, practices and interviews well, he will sneak into the first round...yea his size is an issue but he could overcome that with good intangibles. Alot will depend on what happens in the next couple of months.

No thanks to Croyle, Id rather draft Josh Betts in a later round.

cowtowndick said:
i must have missed all the relevant analysis, the stuff that puts croyle at the same level of development, talent and potential as montana. if croyle played the game the same way montana did (at this stage in their respective careers), then of course you should draft him. but he doesn't - not even close. and if he already has had injury trouble and has taken a beating at the college level, what will happen to him in the nfl?

maybe the same thing they said about Channing Crowder.

Jaj said:
If he gained enough weight and everything goes perfectly maybe he sneaks in similar to J.P. Losman.

Although I think Saban has Croyle high on his radar, I dont think Croyle makes it anywhere near the 1st round. That is part of the mystique about him. Saban loves value. always keep in mind that Saban generally keeps his rookies at bay for a while so if we do get a Croyle, he will be the 3rd stringer behind Lemon for sure for a year. After that, the sparks fly.

If Cutler is anywhere on Sabans radar, Cutler would have to absolutely impress him to take him at 16 IMO. That is why I think we get a QB later and then another one much later (7th round). Cutler may also be the guy he uses as his media chip to throw people off.

ckparrothead said:

I seriously doubt it, His slight build, poor mobility and injury history will probably slide him into 3rd-4th round area.

Kirwan on Cutler and Coyle

Listening to NFL radio this morning on Sirius (god a I love Sirius. Combined with Directv, you never miss any nfl game). He said, after talking to Norv Turner about Coyle, that he believes that Coyle throws a better ball than Cutler. He was very impressed with Coyle. He DID NOT SAY Coyle was better, however.

I have never seen either guy play, so I have no opinion, just reporting what Kirwan and his side kick said.

TexPhinPhan

Back
Top Bottom