Merged: Brodie Croyle | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brodie Croyle

Becks7 said:
I get the feeling the following will happen. Cutler will go right before we pick, we will then take Michael Huff, then take Croyle in the second round.
Thoughts?
I'm not reading this whole thread cos is up to 165 posts but I can say this....if we want Croyle then we'll have to take him in the 2nd cos he won't be there in the 3rd....also, he might not even be there at 51 for us either......the teams that need QB that don't get one in the 1st round will still needs a QB and they're picking ahead of us in round 2...only 3 QB's will be taken in the 1st round.If the lions get Cutler then Arizona who'll probably take Deangelo Williams with their first pick are bound to pick a QB in the 2nd and it could be Croyle......if that happens then we have to start looking at Whitehurts.If Croyle is there in the 2nd for us tho we need to do this with him...... :abduct: and bring him here..... :D

Ozzy rules!! :rockon: :guitar:

adamprez2003 said:
Croyle is timid in the face of a strong pass rush. He'll crumble in the NFL. We should really make a trade for Cutler. His upside is that of a Pro Bowl QB whereas everyone else in the Senior Bowl is a backup or mediocre starter at best
I've been really slow to come around to the idea of a rookie QB this year, simply because we had no chance at Leinart and I didn't think anyone else in the draft was really ready to start in the pros. I'm now climbing onto the Cutler bandwagon (and I'd really like to retire that term - along with 'groom', the most ludicrously over-used term on these dopey forums. Seriously the word 'groom' is repeated endlessly about 50 times in each thread, it seems. Is there NO other term to describe the training of a young QB? ..Never mind, I'm off on a rant.).

So if we can't reasonably get David Carr and if the staff feels Rivers or Ramsey won't get the job done, then we have to get aggressive and trade up for Cutler. I cringe at the cost, but isn't that what's required when you want to secure a franchise quarterback? I don't know, it's been over 20 years since we've tried to do one of these things...
:hmmm:

Omar Jacobs is still our best bet, then Drew Olson..
and then maybe, just maybe, can we talk about Brodie Croyle and Charlie Whitehurst. Not the other way around

Pocoloco said:
Omar Jacobs is still our best bet, then Drew Olson..
and then maybe, just maybe, can we talk about Brodie Croyle and Charlie Whitehurst. Not the other way around

Croyle and Whitehurst are both better than Olson.

wazzy said:
Anything is possible but everything is really speculation until Saban gives us a little hint with his smokescreens and stuff on who he is going to pick!
I would not want to play poker against Saban.

Hostile 17 said:
I've been really slow to come around to the idea of a rookie QB this year, simply because we had no chance at Leinart and I didn't think anyone else in the draft was really ready to start in the pros. I'm now climbing onto the Cutler bandwagon (and I'd really like to retire that term - along with 'groom', the most ludicrously over-used term on these dopey forums. Seriously the word 'groom' is repeated endlessly about 50 times in each thread, it seems. Is there NO other term to describe the training of a young QB? ..Never mind, I'm off on a rant.).

So if we can't reasonably get David Carr and if the staff feels Rivers or Ramsey won't get the job done, then we have to get aggressive and trade up for Cutler. I cringe at the cost, but isn't that what's required when you want to secure a franchise quarterback? I don't know, it's been over 20 years since we've tried to do one of these things...
:hmmm:

Agreed. If we're going to go the route of drafting a QB we need to package some deal to get Cutler. Otherwise we need to figure out which of the free agent QBs has the potential to shine for us and get him. After Cutler, the drop off is so huge, I wouldn't bother with any of the QBs until the 5th.

adamprez2003 said:
Agreed. If we're going to go the route of drafting a QB we need to package some deal to get Cutler. Otherwise we need to figure out which of the free agent QBs has the potential to shine for us and get him. After Cutler, the drop off is so huge, I wouldn't bother with any of the QBs until the 5th.
Yeah, I agree. If the price tag on Cutler is more than we have in the piggy bank, I'm relying on our front office to make a trade for an under-30 QB with potential in a change of scenery.

Patrick Ramsey seems to fit that description the closest of all the names floating around out there. I wonder what Saban and Co. think of him? If he impresses in workouts he might be had for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

EDIT: I also agree on the drop-off. Brodie Croyle looks like he has all the tools, but our staff must carefully evaluate his injury history. He could have all the tools but never last an NFL season. Reminds me a lot of Chris Chandler...

I think a trade could be had for Marty Booker and here's why. Booker is a cheap #2 WR, has no signing bonus left in his contract and is exactly what the Redskins need at WR. The Redskins are far far over the cap and numerous cuts are necessary so the trade makes sense.

adamprez2003 said:

Well, based on what I am hearing from the senior bowl, if Tennessee is liking Cutler very much, then I cant see how any package that we have is good enough for a franchise type in Cutler going that high. It is still early, but QB's are such commodity's, its hard not to envision with all the salivating going on for Cutler, that if anyone wants to deal with teams in the top 5 spots for Cutler, then those teams who are 5-10 have significantly more power than us to get him.

Captain! We just havent got the power!

As for your not bothering with any of the other QB's until much later, that is a mistake not worth taking.

To say the least if Cutler goes at 3, this'll just completely demolish previous draft boards. The whole draft will be skewed, which can be a good thing for us once the mess clears around 16.

Hostile 17 said:
Yeah, I agree. If the price tag on Cutler is more than we have in the piggy bank, I'm relying on our front office to make a trade for an under-30 QB with potential in a change of scenery.

Patrick Ramsey seems to fit that description the closest of all the names floating around out there. I wonder what Saban and Co. think of him? If he impresses in workouts he might be had for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

EDIT: I also agree on the drop-off. Brodie Croyle looks like he has all the tools, but our staff must carefully evaluate his injury history. He could have all the tools but never last an NFL season. Reminds me a lot of Chris Chandler...

well the answere to the injury thing on Croyle can be solved. Its called building a strong OL. We were one of the better teams in the NFL in sacks allowed. Saban and Houck understand mass protection very well. Also, Croyle would sit the first year and be our 3rd stringer behind Lemon IMO while he bulks up his body in the weight room a bit. I disagree on the dropoff however unless your talking about vince Young and Leinert. Cutler is quickly showing his abilities and talent, but so is Croyle. What a lot of teams are looking for is ability to read defenses and mental ability. That is where Croyle scores points based on what i have heard. He also has a good arm. There is still much to be seen yet. Cant wait til Saturday.

Jaj said:
To say the least if Cutler goes at 3, this'll just completely demolish previous draft boards. The whole draft will be skewed, which can be a good thing for us once the mess clears around 16.

and when the mess clears dont be shcoked if you see # 10 from texas right there

Back
Top Bottom