Merged: Brodie Croyle | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brodie Croyle

ckparrothead said:
If Norv likes Brodie, that's good enough for me man.
Norv also pointed out that Coyle was doing well because he was coached up by Mike Shula and that Bama runs the same type of offense that Norv does.

I haven't seen Cutler, but I have seen Croyle quite a few times. I really like the kid. I would say he has just about everything you look for in a quarterback, leadership, ability to read defense, a strong arm, pretty accurate. Plus, he did a lot with very little talent around him at Alabama. The major drawback is that he's been injury prone.

ckparrothead said:
If Norv likes Brodie, that's good enough for me man.

LOL Be careful with that b/c Norv also liked Heath Shuler. But generally, I would agree with your statement.

Enough already about Croyle's weight people. How much did Tom Brady weigh? Plus the guys has a stronger arm than Brady. He'll bulk in the league...it's not like he'll be 200 lbs when he's asked upon to play. Saban believes in red shirting players as we all saw this year, and any QB won't play for possibly two years depending on how successful the veteran acquisition does.

tmny99 said:
Enough already about Croyle's weight people. How much did Tom Brady weigh? Plus the guys has a stronger arm than Brady. He'll bulk in the league...it's not like he'll be 200 lbs when he's asked upon to play. Saban believes in red shirting players as we all saw this year, and any QB won't play for possibly two years depending on how successful the veteran acquisition does.

He's a big school sleeper, simple as that. Brady has gained nearly 15lbs on 6-4 frame and seriously improved his arm strength. Croyle has slightly better mobility as well. Their college play and stats are quite similar except obviously Brady went to a school with better players.

Jaj said:
He's a big school sleeper, simple as that. Brady has gained nearly 15lbs on 6-4 frame and seriously improved his arm strength. Croyle has slightly better mobility as well. Their college play and stats are quite similar except obviously Brady went to a school with better players.

croyle is 6-4? I thought he was like 6-2 or 3. If he has a big enough frame, he will be 220 lbs by the time he plays. If its true about his leadership and reads defenses, this is what is important.

With Shula the coach of Alabama, and obviously the tie back to the Dolphins franchise, how much if any will that help with a decision to draft Croyle under the Saban regime?

Any?, little?, better because of the tie? Zippy?

Dolphins_SR66 said:
With Shula the coach of Alabama, and obviously the tie back to the Dolphins franchise, how much if any will that help with a decision to draft Croyle under the Saban regime?

Any?, little?, better because of the tie? Zippy?

That's my guess.

finfan54 said:
croyle is 6-4? I thought he was like 6-2 or 3. If he has a big enough frame, he will be 220 lbs by the time he plays. If its true about his leadership and reads defenses, this is what is important.

No he was talking about Tom Brady being 6' 4"

Croyle is 6' 2" and 1/4 inch at 200lbs (offical Senior Bowl)

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Yeah, I would think its no different than any other relationship....but the tie-in is kinda interesting.

I'd say if there was any tie we should pay attention to between our staff and Croyle, it's the fact that Brodie is an SEC boy. That's more relevant than the Shula connection IMO.

Croyle is timid in the face of a strong pass rush. He'll crumble in the NFL. We should really make a trade for Cutler. His upside is that of a Pro Bowl QB whereas everyone else in the Senior Bowl is a backup or mediocre starter at best

Back
Top Bottom