Merged: Brodie Croyle | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brodie Croyle

Should we move down into the 20's and take Croyle?...

Is drafting Croyle in the 1st round a reach? Maybe but if we don't to it then we could be left out of the running...here's my reasoning....the top 3 QB's are gonna be gone before our pick at 16.The next best guy is Croyle and it'd be nice to get him with our 2nd round pick(he won't be there in the 3rd round guys)but here's the problem.If the lions take Cutler then Arizona will take a RB(Williams)and they'd still need a good QB.....They pick ahead of us in the 2nd round too....if they want a QB who are they gonna take?...that's right, they'll take Croyle before we get a chance to take him so what are we to do?....maybe we can trade down into the 20's and get an extra 2nd round pick which wouold also be in the 20's of course.With our top pick now in the 20's we could draft Croyle and then in the 2nd we can go OLB(Carpenter?)and o-line(Mangold,Winston?) I know you guys are gonna say that 1st round is too early for him but you'd take him in the 2nd.....it doesn't make sense cos regarless of where you take him he'll still be the same player.In the end....if we can come out of it with Croyle, Carpenter and Mangold would you guys complain that we got Croyle in the 1st? I'm telling you guys that he's not gonna be there at 51 for us and then who do we take? Anyway,I know I'm gonna get flame here but is late so I'll answer to my charges in the morning... :D

Ozzy rules!

Brodie Croyle not looking bad...

If we cant get Jay Cutler in the upcoming draft, I don't think Brodie Croyle will be that bad of a choice.....
They rate him as the clear 'Cream of the Crop' on the South team at QB...

But how do we acquire him?? Trade down?? Pick him with the 1st pick?? Or hope he is around in the 2nd round??

Just something to think about :dolphins: :dolphins:

D-Rock said:
If we cant get Jay Cutler in the upcoming draft, I don't think Brodie Croyle will be that bad of a choice.....

But how do we acquire him?? Trade down?? Pick him with the 1st pick?? Or hope he is around in the 2nd round??

He's the steal of the draft IMO

I know he has had some injury issues... does anyone know what his injuries have been? Were they serious? or were they just minor?

first pick is way tooo much of a reach... but him or omar.. i have trust in the scouting we have in place... ill be happy with almost who ever they choose...

I think we just hope he's there in the second or trade down in the first for some more 3rd or 4th rounders and get him then..

Croyle has surely moved up in the draft. Right now he is seen as a late 1st to early-mid 2nd rd. The thing with Qb's is that because of the scarcity of talent, teams will reach for a specific player. If Croyle has a good combine dont be surprised to see him continue to go up the boards. Right now...he is a reach at #16, but he may be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd rd.

FinNasty said:
I know he has had some injury issues... does anyone know what his injuries have been? Were they serious? or were they just minor?

The kid has has some serious injuries. As a senior in High School he tored his left ACL. As a Junior in College, he tored his right ACL. He has also had some shoulder injuries, althought those have not been too serious.
It's really a shame because this guy has all the tools needed to really be productive in the NFL.
His father (John Croyle) was a star DE for Bear Bryant in the 70's and has been instrumental in Brodie's development. The kid has been around football his whole life. I have several friends in Alabama who know, and rave, about this kid. The main concern of course are those injuries.... Can he take the pounding of the NFL? But as far as character, I've heard that even when he was injured Brodie was the unquestioned leader of Bama. He played hurt several times and really earned the respect of his team mates.

FinNasty said:

Nasty, even with those injuries, the people I know in Alabama (a few are dolphin fans by the way) would love this guy in a Phins uniform. He has a ton of talent, leadership, football knowledge, and can really read D's.
Saban seems to take chances with players with a history of injuries...so we'll see.

Danny as fr as I'm concerned you shouldn't get flame....you have some very valid points.
The way Croyle has played so far, and the lack of good Qb prospect, has made where he will end up being drafted a very hard thing to guess right now. If he continues to impress in the Senior Bowl with a good game, and has a good combine, he might move up all the way up to the middle of the first rd.
The big knock on him, of course, are his injuries ( 2 ACL's surgeries and shoulder problems).... Can this kid take the pounding of the NFL??? Saban knows him very well and he has drafted players that he knew well, who had serious injuries. So we'll see.

Only concern I have with Croyle besides the obvious frame and durability issues was Bama's lack of offense at times this season. People bash Cutler cause he plays on a losing team yet he more than pulls his weight and puts up the numbers needed to win. Croyle on the other hand lead an offense that went 2 or 3 games without scoring an offensive TD.

SpeedRush99 said:
Only concern I have with Croyle besides the obvious frame and durability issues was Bama's lack of offense at times this season. People bash Cutler cause he plays on a losing team yet he more than pulls his weight and puts up the numbers needed to win. Croyle on the other hand lead an offense that went 2 or 3 games without scoring an offensive TD.

SEC is where its at. Tough defenses in the SEC.

D-Rock said:

Just wait, its not a reach if he keeps climbing up teams boards. Once again, keep an eye on DEnver with two #1's. It wont be a reach for them to take Croyle with one of those. It would be considered very smart.

Back
Top Bottom