Merged: Brodie Croyle | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brodie Croyle

IdahoPhin said:
If Croyle turns out to be our target QB, do you see him being there when we pick in the second round?

That would be mid second round. Although theres a chance one of the QB needy teams that passed one in the 1st could snatch him ahead of us in the 2nd.

IdahoPhin said:
If Croyle turns out to be our target QB, do you see him being there when we pick in the second round?

Hmmm. Hard to tell. Probably.

I'll say it again,he's not gonna be there for us at 51....we'll have to get him before by either trading up in the 2nd or moving down in the first and taking him there.I'm just as scare about his injuries as anyone else here but I'm tired of the back up QB's and we need a young guy for the future.If we don't get Croyle or Cutler then maybe Whitehurst or even Betts on day 2 but get a damn QB this year.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny said:
I'll say it again,he's not gonna be there for us at 51....we'll have to get him before by either trading up in the 2nd or moving down in the first and taking him there.I'm just as scare about his injuries as anyone else here but I'm tired of the back up QB's and we need a young guy for the future.If we don't get Croyle or Cutler then maybe Whitehurst or even Betts on day 2 but get a damn QB this year.

Ozzy rules!!

I couldn't agree more. Funny thing is, i think all this drafting a QB debating is gonna be for nothing when we're completely blindsided by a big FA/trade deal for a QB by Saban before the draft. I can see it happening. :lol:

SpeedRush99 said:
I couldn't agree more. Funny thing is, i think all this drafting a QB debating is gonna be for nothing when we're completely blindsided by a big FA/trade deal for a QB by Saban before the draft. I can see it happening. :lol:
I know, there's something about the way Saban's been speaking this past week that leads one to believe that there's something's afoot that none of us are going to see coming...

Boomer said:
We shall see. Tennessee seem to prefer Cutler at this stage to Young, despite McNair's friendship with Vince.

Boomer -

Interesting point. do you think Tennessee is starting to prefer Cutler strickly because of the face-to-face at Senior Bowl with Vince not there, etc?

I mean, do you think its out of sight out of mind? Or if Vince was there, they would still like Cutler's skill or potential over Vince??

Hostile 17 said:
I know, there's something about the way Saban's been speaking this past week that leads one to believe that there's something's afoot that none of us are going to see coming...

I hear ya. I keep thinking back to those rumors about that 6th rounder that went with A.J. being a down payment for either Brees or Rivers.

SpeedRush99 said:
I hear ya. I keep thinking back to those rumors about that 6th rounder that went with A.J. being a down payment for either Brees or Rivers.
That is one direction, definitely. I'm also curious about the timing of Saban's word to Frerotte that, essentially, his services won't be required next year. As many have pointed out, you really don't say things like that unless you're already convinced something else is in the works. Somehow, Saban knows that there is an upcoming move for someone who is markedly better than his current starter.

Just who is it, though? Carr - apparently not if you listen to Gary Kubiak. Rivers - no chance if you believe the Chargers GM. Billy Volek? Patrick Ramsey? The kid from Arizona (shows how many Cardinals games I watched last year)?

In my opinion the Titans are the biggest wild cards in this year's draft. They really could go all three different ways in terms of the top 3 QBs.
  1. Vince Young is a personal friend of Steve McNair and McNair has said he'd like to tutor him for a year or two in the pros, should the Titans draft Young.
  2. Matt Leinart would rejoin Norm Chow, his old OC from college. This would make his transition into the NFL even more seamless than many think it will already be.
  3. Jay Cutler has been coached by the Titans staff all week prior to the Senior Bowl and they are reportedly growing infatuated with him.
Tennessee could literally take any one of these guys and no one would be surprised. Who, though? And a strong case could be made that, with McNair playing another season or two and Volek a very capable backup (still under contract), that they could go with D'Brick at Left Tackle - clearly an area of great need.

How Tennessee goes could really affect the whole Top 10 in April's draft.

Hostile 17 said:
That is one direction, definitely. I'm also curious about the timing of Saban's word to Frerotte that, essentially, his services won't be required next year. As many have pointed out, you really don't say things like that unless you're already convinced something else is in the works. Somehow, Saban knows that there is an upcoming move for someone who is markedly better than his current starter.

Just who is it, though? Carr - apparently not if you listen to Gary Kubiak. Rivers - no chance if you believe the Chargers GM. Billy Volek? Patrick Ramsey? The kid from Arizona (shows how many Cardinals games I watched last year)?

In my opinion the Titans are the biggest wild cards in this year's draft. They really could go all three different ways in terms of the top 3 QBs.
  1. Vince Young is a personal friend of Steve McNair and McNair has said he'd like to tutor him for a year or two in the pros, should the Titans draft Young.
  2. Matt Leinart would rejoin Norm Chow, his old OC from college. This would make his transition into the NFL even more seamless than many think it will already be.
  3. Jay Cutler has been coached by the Titans staff all week prior to the Senior Bowl and they are reportedly growing infatuated with him.
Tennessee could literally take any one of these guys and no one would be surprised. Who, though? And a strong case could be made that, with McNair playing another season or two and Volek a very capable backup (still under contract), that they could go with D'Brick at Left Tackle - clearly an area of great need.

How Tennessee goes could really affect the whole Top 10 in April's draft.

But that is all rumor....no proof, and both Saban and Frerrotte have said it never happened.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
But that is all rumor....no proof, and both Saban and Frerrotte have said it never happened.

You expect proof from Saban?

SpeedRush99 said:
You expect proof from Saban?

I take Saban at his word.

But I dont take rumor, treat it as fact, and make predictions and theories off of it spin it as if it was gospel.

I would site it as a rumor and say if it was possibly true, then here is what I think....

thats all -

Becks7 said:
I get the feeling the following will happen. Cutler will go right before we pick, we will then take Michael Huff, then take Croyle in the second round.
Thoughts?

My thought is that I really don't feel strongly about Brodie Croyle and I really doubt he is worth a mid-second rounder.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
I take Saban at his word.

But I dont take rumor, treat it as fact, and make predictions and theories off of it spin it as if it was gospel.

I would site it as a rumor and say if it was possibly true, then here is what I think....

thats all -

I hope your not suggesting I said anything of the sort. I didn't say anything should be taken as gospel. Not sure where you got all that.

Senior Bowl

Watching the senior bowl practices i really liek Brodie Croyle, he seems to be knowledgable and hes soem good ability

Back
Top Bottom