MERGED: Cassel and Vrabel Traded to Chiefs! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Cassel and Vrabel Traded to Chiefs!

Dammit how come everyone else franchises a player and they just keep him and then the Pats franchise a backup QB and get 2 first roundrs for him. Damn those Patriots and their perfect offseasons.

this is nothing compared to the gift San Diego gave them last year

3rd round pick in 2008 to the the Bolts
2nd rounder in 2009 to the Pats....

Damn you Jacob Hester

It was too good to be true.

But if it does happen, Pioli should be on America's Most Wanted because he ROBBED the Patriots.

Regardless of what they get back in the trade, its going to free up all kinds of money for them to make a run at Leigh Bodden...which sucks...

This could be all in Bill Belichick's plan. Send Pioli to another team and bolster the Pat's roster as best you can.

would you doubt it?
any quarterback could perform with the patriots. And now the pats are stockpiling picks.

GOD I HATE THE PATS... THOSE *******S ALWAYS END UP WITH SOME KIND OF GOOD PICKS... EVEN WHEN THEY MAKE IT 2 THE SUPER BOWL... LIKE LAST YEAR THEY WIN EVERY GAME, ALMOST WIN THE SUPERBOWL AND HAD A NUMBER 7 PICK IN THE FIRST ROUND. *******s:smad:

The Pats are going to continue stacking and stacking their roster. They will be the team to beat until Belichick steps down. Sucks they're in our division.

Another steal cassell will die in KC... People make stupid trades with them.. like moss for a 4th?? Really?? come on.

SI.com reports that the Patriots have agreed to trade Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel to the Chiefs for the 34th overall pick of the NFL Draft.

There are reports, however, that question whether the deal is going through. Cassel's contract demands and/or a third "mystery team" could change the terms, but the paperwork is reportedly ready. Cassel was informed he was traded, according to ESPN.com.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/02/28/chiefs.trade.for.cassel/index.html

This is a stupid trade by the chiefs. Instead of rebuilding through the draft like we are they're giving up picks to the patriots. The Vrabel trade makes sense, but this one doesn't. Personally I see Cassel being a bust. He couldn't get the ball deep to Randy Moss what makes the Chiefs think he'll be able to get the ball to Dwayne Bowe? Consequently, the Chiefs don't have a player like Wes Welker so he won't have his outlet receiver and thereby I see him failing. On top of that the Chiefs aren't nearly as talented or fundamental in their play as the Patriots are. They just traded for their next Elvis Grbac and truthfully I wouldn't mind if it wasn't helping the Patriots. But it is, and I see this as setting the Chiefs back even further on their time spent rebuilding.

It's all a conspiracy I'm telling you guys. The Patriots sent Scott Pioli to one of the worst teams in the league so he would send them back as many draft picks as he could get away with without getting fired. I'm getting out the old tin foil hat because the Patriots will probably start reading brain waves next and they'll look for us fin fans first. I suggest you guys do the same. :wink:

they did not get good value for him, just the 34th pick, they were better off trading brady now at 30 something coming off a two year injury, he is on his down side, cassel fits fine and would have been a better long term option

Back
Top Bottom