Merged: Cold Pizza/Saban to bring in veteran QB | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Cold Pizza/Saban to bring in veteran QB

This news doesn't surprise me.
When asked where our team needs to improve, in the season ending press conference, the first thing he said was QB. Getting a Rookie QB isn't improving b/c he wouldn't be starting. So it sounds like it could be true.
Another thing, the second thing he said was improving the O-line so I think there's gonna be some good moves in FA and the draft to pick up some good o-lineman.

Couch is NOT an improvement over Gus imo...

who had the workout not to long ago? was that couch? mayb a change for ramsey might do him good, like was stated before ive seen him play good and at times bad..i dont dislike patrick , maybe with a change and a new coaching staff.. he might be more consistant!

Trekbiz said:
In addition, Saban telling Gus this early in the offseason tells me that Saban already has "the guy" he wants in mind and that he's very confident in getting "that guy".

You don't burn a bridge before knowing how your going to get across the river.

I don't see it as burning a bridge with Gus. I think it is more of Saban coming to Gus and giving him a heads up that the Dolphins are going to make a strong move (either FA or trade) to get a quarterback BEFORE he hears it from some other source. Saban is a standup guy. Pure class all the way.

Jnaledu3 said:
The Fins need a QB, the Chargers need to get rid of one.

Lets trade for Rivers and call it a day..:cool:

Since the media is hyping Cutler way out of our range- and we have nothing of value to trade up with- this could be the best option for us.

I guess you could call Rivers a "veteren." Next year will be his 3rd year and hes had 2 years of pro practice.

Mularkey probably has scouted him somewhat because this was the guy the Steelers targeted in the draft that year and instead got Roethlisberger.

That's the best idea I've heard all day.

I doubt Saban would put all his apples in any of the Free agents cart. I would not be suprised if a big trade was in the works.

SCall13 said:
It's possible. There won't be many veteran QBs to choose from. May as well throw Couch in there as a possibility.

Can Couch really lead this team? Didn't he suck in Cleveland?

Kill me if you want but I hope we have a handshake agreement in place with McCown. I think he'd do well here. :dolphins:

Jnaledu3 said:
Dude, that is by far the stupidest avatar youve ever had..:lol:

lol, ya I know.. I have history with this image though.. There was a massive photoshop thread on another board dedicated to this picture and it was just about the funniest thread I have ever seen..

i guess it could b rivers, i still like the guy but does he fit our system?? ill admit i was on his bandwagon and still would like to see it.

eddie4fins said:
I will believe it when I see it, Saban is very tight lipped, I doubt he would tip his hat this early.

No doubt.

If this is true, however it remains to be seen what Cleo Lemon will bring to the table.

The chargers won't trade Rivers because of Brees injury. Tim Couch sucks....The best possibility would be culpepper or carr!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom