Merged: Cops Report: T.O. tried to commit suicide | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Cops Report: T.O. tried to commit suicide

MikeO said:
Dallas won't give him a dime and they will probably try to rid themselves of him. Just flat out cut or release him.

With this the Cowboys season is over. He has brought the dog and pony show. The circus if you will to Dallas just like he did in Philly. Every question is about TO. Every issue is about TO. That lockeroom will be split over this. Guys who feel sorry for him vs guys who want him gone. He has ruined their season.

Jerry Jones will probably get rid of him. Maybe give him some money, but damn sure nto all of it.

i bet your 100% wrong as usual.

Frisches13283 said:
I haven't. So I don't know what it'd be like, but I can say I wouldn't wish that, even on TO.

it sucks. I've lost both kin and friends that way. It doesn't seem to make sense. I've thought about it, as most people experience, at least some, depression at some point in their lives. But am either too much of a coward or too rationale to have gone through with it. But it is all related to mental illness, addictions, dependencies, etc.

Of course you don't WISH it on anybody. I would presume that goes without saying. The folks here that 'don't like' an athlete, celebrity, or other poster should keep in mind, you don't know the person for a second. :(

The thread title says TD, I thought it meant like The Dolphins mascot mocking TO

Anyway there is already a thread on this soooooo, mods start your merging

KFFL
Cowboys | Owens' publicist says he did not attempt suicide
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 08:33:10 -0700
Updating an ongoing storyline, ESPN's Ed Werder reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/14/nfl">Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens' publicist said Owens did not try to attempt suicide. His publicist said Owens was groggy when asked questions by the first response unit and there was a miscommunication because he of it. During a press conference, the Dallas Police Department would not confirm or deny Owens attempting suicide. The Cowboys have called a press conference for the afternoon to discuss the situation. Owens has already been ruled out for the team's Week 4 game.

greatwade said:
The folks here that 'don't like' an athlete, celebrity, or other poster should keep in mind, you don't know the person for a second. :(

enough said.

Someone close to him said he had an allergic reaction to painkillers :rolleyes: thats a joke, he has taken the painkillers 1000 times....maybe its the fact he took 35 of them

There are other NFL players who have gone through this (none as big name or recent as TO) but its not unpresidented

Hopefully everything turns out okay for him

Alex44 said:
Someone close to him said he had an allergic reaction to painkillers :rolleyes: thats a joke, he has taken the painkillers 1000 times....maybe its the fact he took 35 of them

There are other NFL players who have gone through this (none as big name or recent as TO) but its not unpresidented

Hopefully everything turns out okay for him

If the players union and league has any heart they will prevent him from playing any NFL football this year. He obviously isn't in the right state of mind to be playing football.

Whether he gets paid or not is up to the Cowboys and the union. But seriously he should be locked up in the funny farm and be given the best help possible.

I dont' feel sorry for the guy at all. He brings this crap all on himself. But nobody wants to see him dead

i had to go on pain pills once when my back went out. after about three days on the pills i became EXTREMELY DEPRESSED. in my case, it was not the thing that puched me over the edge, so to speak - i am actually a pretty level person. i have not touched those frigging poison pills since.

temper all of the above with the fact that he is an emotional guy and has been underachieving = it all makes sense.

Majpain said:
I wonder why he would do that?! Makes me sad.

He is suffering from a mental illness...maybe bipolar. Medication, just like in the case of Ricky Williams, will help him greatly to live a emotionally pain-free life.

i bet the whole story is wrong and 2, he better be ready for when he plays philly

Deion just talked on NFL live and said Owens laughed when asked if it was suicide... "a mountain out of a molehill"....

Why don't we all let this play out before suggesting we know what's going on... ?

PressCoverage said:
Deion just talked on NFL live and said Owens laughed when asked if it was suicide... "a mountain out of a molehill"....

Why don't we all let this play out before suggesting we know what's going on... ?
i think reading the official police report isn't just "suggesting" we know what's going on. he attempted suicide.

PressCoverage said:

That was my initial impression. Always trust that one, I see.

Back
Top Bottom