[MERGED] Dolphins on ESPN's First Take | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Dolphins on ESPN's First Take

Great players always show signs of greatness. Even in tough times like we had last year. Beck will never be great. It is that simple.

Beck had no real consistent receivers, no running back, no TE, and an O-line that was barely being held together.

Top QBs like Brees, Gannon, Green, Warner, Delhomme, E. Manning to name a few started their careers very shaky, and future/current HOF QBs like Elway, P.Manning, Brady did not look lights out in their rookie seasons.

I am with the owners on this one

if we are going to take a QB, he better be here pronto

if not give me which ever Long wants to sign first

and if in the meantime the Falcons want to give us a couple of first day picks and Hall then DEAL!!!!!

Quote from one of the guys from Sirius NFL Radio Movin the Chains today on John Beck -

paraphrase "[the new regime in Miami] is not in love with John Beck."

Matt Ryan will be the pick. IMHO.

Or maybe the new regime is totally in love with Beck, and are playing a little poker with a few teams and the press. ;)

The only thing Ryan has on Beck is Height and age, everything else Beck could do as well or better if given a real shot with real talent around him (meaning a healthy Ronnie, and at least two receivers that can catch the ball).

If Parcells is so hot an heavy on Ryan because he looks the part more then Beck, he can wait to the 2nd or 3rd and take Flacco who just happens to have a better arm then Ryan.

Yes this is true too... Henne or Flacco could steal Becks' thunder

Exactly, and yes, Henne is another that can be taken in the 2nd or 3rd.

We will find out this year one way or another how good Beck Really is, and we do not need to spend a 1st round to bring in young quality compititions to compete with him.

i agree with a lot of people on here, this is just a smoke screen they have to say this to try and drive a team like atlanta to crack under the pressure and make a deal
the draft is still 2 months away the media knows jack **** about who the fins are going after

if the dolphins want to draft a qb there will be some i think some good choices come later rounds like flacco, henne and the guy i like who people are down on, that i think can still be a very good qb and that is andre woodson i see he is a late second and even maybe 3 round guy

ryan to me is a one year wonder, i think he is the next joey harrington, he throws way too many picks and people ignore that, he will not be a dolphin he will probably be a falcon

Exactly, and yes, Henne is another that can be taken in the 2nd or 3rd.

We will find out this year one way or another how good Beck Really is, and we do not need to spend a 1st round to bring in young quality competitions to compete with him.

Not only could this force Atlanta to try and make a deal, but also the Cowboys. If they are interested in McFadden and Atlanta can't pick up Ryan, there is a good chance Atlanta takes McFadden. This could force Jones to make a play for McFadden unless he isn't worried about whether or not he gets him. In the end, I say there is about .01% chance we take Ryan at the #1 spot, so let the talks begin.

The only way that any of this contract info on Ryan got leaked is if BP wanted it leaked for a purpose, otherwise ESPN wouldnt have heard anything about it. I see it as a smokescreen also. Fact is Ryan is not better than Brohm or Flacco so unless BP is a complete fool, then there is no way he drafts Ryan. The problem is he really wants to sell this to Atlanta and this is one of the only ways.

I like jake long in the first , then pick henne in the second ...if not there pick flacco .

Not only could this force Atlanta to try and make a deal, but also the Cowboys. If they are interested in McFadden and Atlanta can't pick up Ryan, there is a good chance Atlanta takes McFadden. This could force Jones to make a play for McFadden unless he isn't worried about whether or not he gets him. In the end, I say there is about .01% chance we take Ryan at the #1 spot, so let the talks begin.

as I was thinking about use getting Ryan signed so that he could start the learning process ASAP, it occurred to me that this could be extra leverage with the Falcons too.

the sooner the Falcons deal with us the sooner they can start the sign early/avoid hold-out process with Ryan

maybe that is why Jerry Jones is thinking about, avoiding any risks and just going straight to #1. you can assure that you get the guy you want while at the same time get him into OTA's

agree 100%

They can offer as many contracts to as many players as they want. Several recent #1 teams have pulled this maneuver. It does add yet another element to the trade bait game.

In the end, it doesn't matter until we actually announce our pick. Just part of the game.

If we drafted Matt Ryan (in my opinion a one year wonder), it would literally be as shocking as the Ted Ginn, Jr. pick a year ago. Fans would, for the most part, applaud it simply because we have drafted a QB when we finally got to #1. But, in the end, I think a lot of eyebrows would be raised. It's very un-Parcells like to draft a QB so high. Not too mention, Ryan would become the poster child for the new regime. Regardless how many other picks would be Pro Bowlers, if Ryan failed.... that's a permanent egg on the face.

Parcells rarely takes risks that huge. He's a calculated man who hedges his bets by spreading the value of his draft across many players. Not 1.

First of, I agree with you the Ryan will not be wise as our first pick especially given the fact that we still need to find out what we have in Beck. I wouldn't mind waiting a bit and picking up a QB later in the draft, say Flacco or Henne.

Also I agree about you free agent selections, eventhough I personally would rather re-sign Rex Hadnot to LG and pick Justin Smiley to fill in at RG.

But I do disagree with you in a couple of points, the first been that if we draft Ryan it would be as shocking as Tedd Ginn and his fam, at least this time around we're getting warned and some talk is going about our desires to draft him. In the end though I think it would be more comparable to Brady Quinn than Teddy Ginn. The other part has to be where you state that getting a QB that high is not like Parcells, well if I remember correctly Drew Bledsoe is widely compared to Matt Ryan and yes Parcells took him as the # 1 overall pick.

FREE AGENTS:
Justin Smiley (OG)
Allen Faneca (OG)
Flozell Adams (OG)
Bobby McCray (DE)
Jerry Porter (WR)
Billy Volek (QB)

TRADES:
*Now be warned this are all far fetch products of my imagination, but none the less I think they will greatly help the Fins which is what we all want anyways.
1) Trade our # 1 and one of our 3rd to Atlanta for their 1st (#3 overall) and Deangelo Hall
2) # 32 overall (1st pick of the 2nd round) to the Jets for Jonathan Vilma

DRAFT:
So if the trades works we can go after either of the Long brother since at least one of them is garanteed to be there or Golshton.
With our 2nd rounder I would go best available.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This way we would have set up our defense at all three levels with a stud player, would safe money on the draft but still get the player that is the best fit for our team, solidify our O-line with a youth a hopefuly some strong veteran leadership, balanced our WR corp and secured a veteran back up who will allow Beck to develop into what he was drafted to be.

Hopefully you don't take anything I've said personal or offensively, and I would hope you can reply so that I know what you think about my ideas.

They may offer Matt Ryan a contract before the draft. If Ryan declines, they'll go for Jake Long, then Chris Long, then Darren McFadden. I say, smoke and mirrors, bait for Atlanta....

Not to get off topic but I love the Zach picture brother - where did you get it?

Back
Top Bottom