[MERGED] Dolphins on ESPN's First Take | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Dolphins on ESPN's First Take

didn't peyton throw something like 23 touchdowns his rookie year? i think beck's leash will be as short as he is.

They may offer Matt Ryan a contract before the draft. If Ryan declines, they'll go for Jake Long, then Chris Long, then Darren McFadden. I say, smoke and mirrors, bait for Atlanta....

Just confirms other reports that have said Ryan is the guy :up: Thx for the post

peyton's numbers his rookie season aren't as bad as most people think at least he put up 26 td's. if ryan isn't so great then why do all the experts have him as the best player in the draft. just saw on espn were kiper had ryan rated as the second best player in the entire draft. and mayock has him rated number one.

26 TD 28 INTs, 6 of which were returned for TD's

Didnt Beck have like 3 or 4 turnovers for scores(fumbles and Int's) in just 3.5 games???? And dont give me the talent around him deal. Peytons team went 1-15 or something his rookie year. Peyton still managed to move the ball and put some points on the board while making his rookie mistakes. 26Tds is nothing to sneeze at. Beck lead one TD drive and that was against the Bungles, late in the game, when they lead by a bunch and it was the last game of the season. They were ready to go home.

I mean its really really bad and borderline (something) when people are starting to try and compare this guy to Peyton Manning. :lol:

the beck homers on this site are ridiculous sometimes

peyton still put up 26 TDs as a rookie, on a 1-15 team.

beck may turn out to be the best QB of all time, who knows. but last season did nothing to make me believe so much.

peyton's numbers his rookie season aren't as bad as most people think at least he put up 26 td's. if ryan isn't so great then why do all the experts have him as the best player in the draft. just saw on espn were kiper had ryan rated as the second best player in the entire draft. and mayock has him rated number one.

Ryan is such a beast. The guy has all the tools. He looks like a winner to me. Not a top 10 pick in a usual draft???? Yea right. The only knock on him is the INT's. At least he was going against top level defenses like those in the ACC. Va Tech, The U, and FL State always have defenders going high in the draft even on down years. Ryan is the real deal. People just knock him around here because they are in love with Beck for some unfathumable reason. Just because he was a 2nd round pick of the worst GM/Coach combo in phins history I guess.

Matt Ryan has the arm strength, the pocket presence, the accuracy, the footwork, the brains, the mechanics, the intangables, and the grittyness that it takes to be a good QB in the NFL. I saw it several times watching entire BC games last year.

I mean did people actually watch what he did in those 2 late scoring drives vs. Va Tech...ON THE ROAD....vs a TOP DEFENSE...with NFL players on it?? Or did everyone just see the couple highlights? Some of the plays HE MADE were pure NFL. Especially that move he made to avoid the rush, roll to his left, then come back across the field finding the open man and throwing a perfect ball for the game winner. Thats tough. He demonstrated all the skills on that one play that make a great NFL QB.

If you're going to make a claim don't disprove your claim in your own paragraph. If every expert has him rated as the best player don't list Mel Kiper as having him as the #2 player:up:.

I'm not saying that John Beck is the answer, I am saying that it's too early to judge Beck and Draft Matt Ryan when it's the dumbest thing we could do at this point.

Seeing David Carr, another highly touted first pick now teamless, sends chills down my spine when being force-fed all this Ryan as a franchise QB hyperbole.

Seeing David Carr, another highly touted first pick now teamless, sends chills down my spine when being force-fed all this Ryan as a franchise QB hyperbole.

Yeah it's sad. I remember when he was coming out Kiper was hung all over his jock...Kiper was proclaiming him to be the next Troy Aikman.

the beck homers on this site are ridiculous sometimes

peyton still put up 26 TDs as a rookie, on a 1-15 team.

beck may turn out to be the best QB of all time, who knows. but last season did nothing to make me believe so much.

Yeah interceptions are about the last thing any coach cares about when starting a rok. What they want to see is him moving the team. You scored TDs.Greaty you're showing something positive. Beck played scared. He played to not make a mistake which is a sure sign that you're going to lose the game. Hopefully he loosens up next year and stops playing like Harrington

Back
Top Bottom