Merged: Draft Position | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Draft Position

Caps said:
We lost the same number of games to easier teams, so we were "worse" than the other teams, meaning we pick first.
Ok, thanks alot.

I think I can live with the 16th pick.

Draft Picks?

Where can I find a list of the 2006 draft picks for the Dolphins? (i.e. which rounds they have picks and don't).

Thanks,

MMLPhoto

Unofficial Top Twenty Draft Order

Well, here's the offical top 20 according to Yahoo Sports:

1 Houston 2-14 0
2 New Orleans 3-13
3 Tennessee 4-12
4 N.Y. Jets 4 12
5 Green Bay 4 12
6 San Francisco 4 12
7 Oakland 4 12
8 Buffalo 5 11
9 Detroit 5 11
10 Arizona 5 11
11 St. Louis 5 10
12 Cleveland 6 10
13 Baltimore 6 10
14 Philadelphia 6 10
15 Atlanta 8 8
16 Miami 9 7
17 Minnesota 9 7
18 San Diego 9 7
19 Dallas 9 6
20 Kansas City 10 6

For 9 - 7, I am more than happy with the 16 pick. And also happy that the Jets sit at #4 far from Reggie Bush. :)

thanks.

I'm also glad that the Jets aren't drafting #1 or #2....but they will no doubt have a chance at a great player.

Jets may try to move up. They could package Chad, Jay, and their next 3 years first round picks (estimated as in the top5 overall the next few years) and get Leinart. Leinart will have to flip a coin to decide whether to play for the Jets or live in the Superdome.

Fins05:NewHope said:
ahhhh the jets will just draft a TE or maybe ...a used toenail....

if doug jolley didn't tear us a new one i'd agree with you.

they need almost every position on offense though.

jaxdolfan said:
Jets may try to move up. They could package Chad, Jay, and their next 3 years first round picks (estimated as in the top5 overall the next few years) and get Leinart.

To do that someone would actually have to take Chad and Jay...

LtDan said:
anyone know why we would pick before SD? Finished with the same record and we beat them head-to-head??

strength of schedule is the first-tiebreaker for draft order. Team with the easier schedule drafts first.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the team with the harder schedule to draft first?

NIMA said:
Wouldn't it make more sense for the team with the harder schedule to draft first?

the harder schedule means you played harder teams eand did just as good as the team with the easier schedule.

so like, if a team goes 4-12 and beats 4 really good teams, then they are better then the 4-12 team that beat 4 really bad teams. so they get the better pick, because they suck more.

I think there is a real chance Cutler could be there for us if we want him. Unless he goes top 10 the only team between the 10 spot and us who might want him would be the Ravens. I think I heard that Brian Billick was staying for at least one more year so they may well stick with Boller.

Back
Top Bottom