Merged: Draft Position | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Draft Position

San Francisco and Oakland picks aren't final yet. They will be determined by a coin flip.

I don't think Cutler will be there at #16...

His gunslinging mentality would be great for our offense, but his stock is going to soar a la Phil Rivers, Alex Smith, Jason Campbell...

finz99 said:
I wouldnt mind seeing Ko Simpson in a Dolphins Uni, and hes more than likely going to be around during our pick.

I think Ko Simpson is only a sophomore

snowy said:
I think Ko Simpson is only a sophomore
Yes, but he's more than 3 years removed since his high school graduation.

I'd link, but I can't. Weeee:fire:

Projected first-round selection order for the 2006 draft if it were held today. Order is based on record and a "T" rotate in future rounds.

1 Houston
2 New Orleans

3T Tennessee
4T New York Jets
5T Green Bay
6T San Francisco
7T Oakland

8T Buffalo
9T Detroit
10T Arizona

11T St. Louis
12T Cleveland
13T Baltimore
14T Philadelphia

15 Atlanta

16T Miami
17T Minnesota
18T Dallas
19T San Diego

20T Kansas City
21T *New England
22T *Denver (from Washington **Washington's Slot in other rounds)

23T *Tampa Bay
24T *Carolina
25T *Chicago
26T *Cincinnati
27T *Pittsburgh
28T *New York Giants

29 *Jacksonville

30T *Denver
31T *Seattle

32T *Indianapolis

* Slots 21 thru 32 are playoff teams and final position is still dependent on where they finish in playoffs.

Good thing is that NO and the Titans will need a QB, so if the Jets want a QB they have to trade up. I was afraid that they will simply be awarded a QB because the teams before them might not need one (as the 49ers e.g.)

But for the FIns I think will be virtually impossible to grab Leinart, as trading up from 16th to one of the top places will simpyl cost too much and they have too many holes otherwise.
Does anybody know if there are any good CBs this year, in Mel Kipers list (for what it is worth) there was only 1 CB in the top 20 or 25, that does not look too promising. Would hate if the Fins would have to overspend just because the position is thin....

final draft order

finall draft order I think we pick 16 is that accurate?

any of you got it somewhere I looked over and couldnt find it

duss12 said:
any of you got it somewhere I looked over and couldnt find it

football.about.com/od/nfldraft/a/nfldraftorder.htm

we're at 16.

I think we're 19th because 15 teams had 8 wins or less. Then their where 4 teams at 9-7. San Diego, Minnesota, Dallas, Miami. The tiebreaker in the draft is strength of schedule. We had the easiest schuedule.
Minny- .484
Dallas- .523
San Diego- .559
Miami- .457
Wouldn't the harder strength of schedule get a higher pick? Correct me if I'm wrong.

THOMAS_54 said:
I think we're 19th because 15 teams had 8 wins or less. Then their where 4 teams at 9-7. San Diego, Minnesota, Dallas, Miami. The tiebreaker in the draft is strength of schedule. We had the easiest schuedule.
Minny- .484
Dallas- .523
San Diego- .559
Miami- .457
Wouldn't the harder strength of schedule get a higher pick? Correct me if I'm wrong.

We lost the same number of games to easier teams, so we were "worse" than the other teams, meaning we pick first.

THOMAS_54 said:
Minny- .484
Dallas- .523
San Diego- .559
Miami- .457

No, because harder strength losses meant you were a better team than the teams who lost to a weaker schedule, and since the draft is designed to help weaker teams Miami would get a higher pick because of all the tied teams they were technically the worst. Understand?

Back
Top Bottom