Merged: Draft Position | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Draft Position

Roman529 said:
I am pretty sure Quinn is going to play another year at Notre Dame and I would say Young will probably be back at Texas, especially if USC beats them.

I've heard that Young was already taking preliminary measures to choose his agent, but who knows really.

aerokev said:
you say that like it is a bad thing. a lot of people here and a lot of pro scouts as well are not sold on leinerts arm for the pros. i could care less about the record of USC when he started so if anyone wants to post that irrelevant stat, then look up the oklahoma QBs that were winning 30+ games with 2 losses and see how they did in the pros. the stat that sticks out about leinert is 27 TD's this year and only 1 (yes 1) was longer than 29 yards. miami needs a QB with a strong arm to stretch the field

arm strength is overrated, as long as he doesn't throw lame ducks.

Anyways, he's the perfect fit for the Saints. The Saints need a QB that won't make stupid plays/throws, and Leinhart does not do that.

and so what if only one TD was over 29 yards? doesn't mean he has a weak arm. Just cause you throw a TD for over 30 yards it doesn't mean you have a strong arm (yards after catch)

dolfan87 said:
top 5...I just saw that.

I think it goes like this:

Texans
Saints
49ers
Jets
and I forget the last one

I just found it on GBNReport.com

1. Texans (Bush)
2. New Orleans
3. Tennessee
4. NY Jets
5. Green Bay
6. San Francisco
7. Oakland

Basically what you have is an obvious situation where Tennessee is going to give up a premium to either New Orleans or Houston to draft Matt Leinart. They are too close to Leinart to lose out on him by one pick. They know damn well that Leinart knows Chow's offense like the back of his own hand already and would be an immediate day 1 starter in that offense. All I can say is I am glad Leinart will not go to the Jets.

I guess the real question will be how bad will New Orleans fall in love with Matt Leinart...and how commited is New Orleans to Deuce McAlister. Since everyone knows that Houston will take Bush (or trade down with a team that really really really wants Bush) then New Orleans can force the Texans out of trading with Tennessee merely by making a credible threat that yes if Bush falls to #2 and Leinart is gone, they WILL take Bush. Then Houston will be stuck at #3 with no Bush and no Leinart and they'd be screwed.

Overall I see New Orleans managing the infamous one-spot trade with Tennessee to pick up some extra draft considerations. They'll pretty much have Tennessee's nuts in a vice grip. Of course the REAL x factor would be if Leinart publicly says he will not play for New Orleans...which would be kind of bad for PR but would be the right move in the long run for Leinart because that franchise has bad ownership and is going nowhere...heck Leinart wouldn't even know where he'd be playing over the next three years.

The only monkey wrench in that certainty would be if Young declares and New Orleans shows they've got a total banana in their pocket for him. If that were the case then Tennessee would just stay put.

Then Houston will be stuck at #3 with no Bush and no Leinart and they'd be screwed.

not true. If both are gone they'll either take D'Bricksaw Ferguson to improve their horrible offensive line, or take AJ Hawk to give their defense a playmaking linebacker.

Carr still put up decent numbers even though he got sacked so much, but the offensive line was worse than ours from last year, and their defense only had 2 count them 2 ints.

IMO Houston doesn't want either Bush or Leinhart (but would be happy to take Bush), and they want to get a premier LT in the draft or a playmaker in their D (to go along with Robinson).

It really comes down to how much are the Titans willing to give up for Leinhart? I'm sure the Saint's would gladly take next year's first and go after Quinn (or Young).

ChambersWI said:
arm strength is overrated, as long as he doesn't throw lame ducks.

Anyways, he's the perfect fit for the Saints. The Saints need a QB that won't make stupid plays/throws, and Leinhart does not do that.

and so what if only one TD was over 29 yards? doesn't mean he has a weak arm. Just cause you throw a TD for over 30 yards it doesn't mean you have a strong arm (yards after catch)

granted, but with the offensive numbers and average of 50 points a game, you would think that more than 1 TD pass in 27 would be a little bit longer than 29 yards and that includes yards after catch. I have never been a big leinert fan and i am not sold on young either, i think they both have a bigger chance of failure than success and i wouldn't pick either at the top of the order.

I wouldnt count anything out come draft time. Remember at this time last year Aaron Rogers was a LOCK at #1 overall, but by draft day he had fallen all the way to 22....

aerokev said:
granted, but with the offensive numbers and average of 50 points a game, you would think that more than 1 TD pass in 27 would be a little bit longer than 29 yards and that includes yards after catch. I have never been a big leinert fan and i am not sold on young either, i think they both have a bigger chance of failure than success and i wouldn't pick either at the top of the order.

don't think I am a Leinhart supporter. I like him, but I don't treat him like the greatest thing since sliced bread (I am not a fan of Young though)

Leinhart will either be a Saint or a Titan. He knows Chow's offense like the back of his hand (he's played in it for 5 years), and the Saint's an accurate QB.

On a side note, get used to hearing Cutler to Chambers...TOCHDOWN!!!

Where we pick...

There are fifteen teams with records worse than ours. And two other teams, the vikings and chargers, at 9-7. and possibly the cowboys, but i think that they will win tonight.

i went ahead and did the math...
dolphins opponents won 117 games of 236-.496 opp win percentage.
vikings opponents have .517 win percentage.
chargers opponents have .606 win percentage.
and i didnt bother to figure dallas bc they are going to win/ its going to be high.

so there you have it.

16 miami
17 minnesota
18 san diego

maybe nick saban will trick minnesota into moving up one lousy spot. spielman was awful...

and in front of us is

15 atlanta

and three teams are at 6-10

im just guessing but i think it would be

12 cleveland
13 baltimore
14 philadelphia

so, there you go.

ps. thank you, nick saban.

i hope we take darnell hackney trust me on this one but it all depends on where we pick good job dolphins today

i dono about you guys but i'd be happy with ether one of those top 3 qbs in rd 1. even if he is a bust ill be glad to say we tried atleast unlike the past 16 years or so.

Phinja said:
I wouldnt count anything out come draft time. Remember at this time last year Aaron Rogers was a LOCK at #1 overall, but by draft day he had fallen all the way to 22....

The rise and fall of the NFL draft tide: happens every year.

Koehler13x said:
Well ... say goodbye to Leinart. Chances are the Saints take him with the #2 and don't even think of trading down.

you should have kised him goodbye when we won our 5th game

God, the Cutler man-love continues. This bandwagon is more like a steam train :shakeno:

HysterikiLL said:
God, the Cutler man-love continues. This bandwagon is more like a steam train :shakeno:

Have you seen any of Cutler's games?

I'm still not convinced on Cutler over say Greenway or Huff right now.

Back
Top Bottom