Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads | Page 65 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads

Yes, I was about to start a thread about this same damn thing. IMO it is perhaps the WORST time this year they showed us no respect. In addition to the highlight package already mentioned, I'll alos include that after they showed the scoreline and stat screen, they mentioned "Miami did this verse mostly 2nd and 3rd teamers" and then following it in their discussion portion not one damn word was said about Saban's job, Miami's 5 GAME IMPROVEMENT from last year...finisihing ONE GAME BEHIND THE TEAM THEY ARE BALL BATHING. No....they talk about a stupid drop kick for two minutes and then about how well the Patriots are ready to start the playoffs :rolleyes:

I wont' be the least bit surprised if Jax takes them out next week.

finsmx said:
and I'm sure it was all about Flutie's "awesome play" too

There was a huge debate here last week over this same thing, some fans think there is no Bias and we are just babys for saying anything!!! Well, what will they say this week ESPN isn't Bias, they don't have control over the highlights, we are just ridiculous??? Riiiighhht!!!

Yep, I saw it and they even did a press conference on the drop kick and Berman got the credit for making it happen!

geez....some of you people need some serious help. We are a non playoff team...coming off a 4-12 season last year...what do you expect? they did show few highlights from the game but there were many other games that got the same amount of time. I would be more concerned with how we let the Patriots scrubs almost comeback on us than how much espn coverage we get. the fact that you berate them so much makes me wonder why you care if they show the fins or not?

Good thing I dozed off on the couch before the highlites.

and on top of all that, Berman when talking about the playoff preview between Pats and Jags, he said dont count todays game as Pats played their back-ups! I used to think You guys were paranoid, but now I believe you.

Bill Belichick said, "Chris Berman brought it up initially, how he saw him (Flutie) do it up in Canada..."

Berman wanted to take credit for Flutie's attempt in the successful drop kick. 1st time since 1941.

ESPN seemed to overlook the Pats loss to Miami, and yuk it up over the drop kick.

bleh i dont really care. i like tj and berman anyway, but this one kinda ticked me off a little. The dropkick was pretty cool though!

DolphinzD said:
I normally stay out of the whole "ESPN loves the Patriots, hates the Dolphins" debates, but the ESPN NFL Primetime highlights for this game were just on, and were absolutely ridiculous. The plays they showed were as follows: Ricky's TD, all three of the Patriots' TD's, the drop kick from three different angles, and then the missed two-point conversion. I'm sorry, I was under the impression that the Dolphins won this game. If you had just been watching the highlights, and didn't see the scoreboard in the corner or the score after the highlights, you would have thought New England won in a blowout.

Now that the regular season is over, I am now back into the "I have 11 favorite teams in the NFL" mode. I honestly DO NOT care who wins the Super Bowl, as long as it isn't New England.

It's been the same all season....Everytime they show a Dolphin game, 99% of it is the opposing team's good plays and we are lucky if we see even l of a good Dolphin play....No one yet has mentioned that Ricky ran for l72 yards last week, which certainly deserved mention. Hopefully next year, the worm will turn......right now we are in the category of "the also ran".......

yeah i was pretty miffed too.... how can they show all of the Pats' TDs and not show the Booker TD? They also didn't show the 49th sack, Frerotte's career-high 18th TD pass, or any other of the milestones for us in the game....

Who cares. They are going to liely promote a team going to the playoffs more than us. Why are people caring how much national media we get. We know... we believe... its all that matters. I would rather win and have the media hate us.. rather than the loving bumbling clowns of the NFL.

The Mountie said:
geez....some of you people need some serious help. We are a non playoff team...coming off a 4-12 season last year...what do you expect? they did show few highlights from the game but there were many other games that got the same amount of time. I would be more concerned with how we let the Patriots scrubs almost comeback on us than how much espn coverage we get. the fact that you berate them so much makes me wonder why you care if they show the fins or not?

Excuse me, I take a great deal of pride in my team and to have them disrepected because of a bias reporter! This is out of control. I'll bet a million bucks if NE was the out of the playoffs but on a six game win streak fatboy would have had no problem talking about how the Pats season ended with lots of good going into the offseason!! So give us a break.

That's just how it is with the media. Don't let yourself get pissed because some morons actually believe whatever the talking heads feed to them and ignore it.

Canadianfishfan said:
Who cares. They are going to liely promote a team going to the playoffs more than us. Why are people caring how much national media we get. We know... we believe... its all that matters. I would rather win and have the media hate us.. rather than the loving bumbling clowns of the NFL.

So they should still give us some credit.

DolphinzD said:
I normally stay out of the whole "ESPN loves the Patriots, hates the Dolphins" debates, but the ESPN NFL Primetime highlights for this game were just on, and were absolutely ridiculous. The plays they showed were as follows: Ricky's TD, all three of the Patriots' TD's, the drop kick from three different angles, and then the missed two-point conversion. I'm sorry, I was under the impression that the Dolphins won this game. If you had just been watching the highlights, and didn't see the scoreboard in the corner or the score after the highlights, you would have thought New England won in a blowout.

Now that the regular season is over, I am now back into the "I have 11 favorite teams in the NFL" mode. I honestly DO NOT care who wins the Super Bowl, as long as it isn't New England.

Yeah, I don't care at all who wins the Super Bowl as long as its not the Pats.

Back
Top Bottom