Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads | Page 67 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads

TENNFIN said:
Hey guys, I'm usually content to just lurk on the boards, but I just sent ESPN the following email about the Dolphins-Patriots highlights, and thought I'd post it:

"I tuned in to watch NFL Primetime this afternoon in eager anticipation of the Dolphins-Patriots highlights. Yet by the time the highlights were over, the only thing I saw was one Patriots play after another, and a contest between Chris Berman and TJ over which one could swoon and gush the most over the Patsies and their "punt". As a lifelong Dolphins fan, I am well aware of the bias your network has toward the New England Patriots, but on a day in which the Dolphins won their 6th straight game, and cost the Patriots a shot at the 3rd seed in the playoffs, your highlight package included exactly one....yes one, Dolphins play (a Ricky Williams touchdown run). Pathetic. If I didn't know that final score before I tuned in, I would have thought the Patriots won!

I can't wait until I get NFL Sunday Ticket, and I don't have to subject myself to your rediculous programming any longer.
Sincerely,
Michael Smith"

Ya shoulda used spell-check. It's "ridiculous." Other than that, it was a good email.

Watching Blitz on ESPN news, and they showed most highlights of Dolphins, and Ditka and others gave Fins props, talking about 6 games streak and how Miami is 1 or 2 players away from being serious threat in AFC East.

pwn3dyo said:
bleh i dont really care. i like tj and berman anyway, but this one kinda ticked me off a little. The dropkick was pretty cool though!

you like these guys, C'MON!!! berman is the biggest bills homer, he has his mouth stuck to favre. and tom jackson is the worst: with friends like him, who needs enemies, i dont want to get into a political discussion, but he threw rush limbaugh under the bus, those guys reherse before their show on sunday, and he knew rush was going to make that stupid comment, and then he goes on tv and acts like he knew nothing, i cant stand those guys.

that was the most one sided highlights i have ever seen for a team that won a game we got f------ in the a--- again, the networks love the pats and the refs want to bang brady and his boys in the a--- with all the ****z calls i seen today and every time i watch them, i hope we beat their a--- every game for the next decade like the bills

DolphinzD said:
I normally stay out of the whole "ESPN loves the Patriots, hates the Dolphins" debates, but the ESPN NFL Primetime highlights for this game were just on, and were absolutely ridiculous. The plays they showed were as follows: Ricky's TD, all three of the Patriots' TD's, the drop kick from three different angles, and then the missed two-point conversion. I'm sorry, I was under the impression that the Dolphins won this game. If you had just been watching the highlights, and didn't see the scoreboard in the corner or the score after the highlights, you would have thought New England won in a blowout.

Now that the regular season is over, I am now back into the "I have 11 favorite teams in the NFL" mode. I honestly DO NOT care who wins the Super Bowl, as long as it isn't New England.

I too watched the highlights and not a single word pf praise for Miami finishing with 6 straight and having the NFL's longest winning streak at the end of the season. What a GREAT job CBS and Randy Cross has done acknowleding what a great turnaround Miami has had and how bright the future is in So. FL!:dolphins:

DolphinzD said:
Well, I wouldn't watch it either, but with Miami not getting a single nationally televised game this year, this is often the only way I can see what happened in the game. Fortunately, the game in my area on CBS was the KC-Cincy game, which was a blowout, so they switched to the Dolphins-Patriots game for the fourth quarter.

They did that here in Mississippi also. The only way I saw any Dolphin games on TV this year was either by highlights or by the network switching games. Down here, CBS has carried MOST of the Titan games, so I was thinking that I would finally see a game on TV...NOPE...that week, they didnt even show the Titans here on CBS.

Congrats on the 9-7 season, looking forward to the upcoming season.

rainmaker1313 said:
and on top of all that, Berman when talking about the playoff preview between Pats and Jags, he said dont count todays game as Pats played their back-ups! I used to think You guys were paranoid, but now I believe you.

To me, MY opinion...it doesn't matter if you play the backups or not. IF a player is good enough to make it onto the 53 man roster....................

Anyone remember "backups" by the name of Morrall......AND Marino.

I was really disgusted with ESPN's coverage today as well. Yeah, Flutie's drop kick extra point was neat and is good water cooler conversation, but did we need three different angles and a press conference about it??? As someone posted previously, you'd think the Patriots won today. Coming into the season, we had the toughest schedule in the league and the Patsies had the weakest. We finished one game behind them after enduring our worst season in thirty years in the previous season. That should account for something. Coach Saban has done a HELL of a job! Don't worry though, after Saban has his team in place, ESPN will be kneeling done and kissing the Dolphins *** like they do every other champ.

endorPHINS72 said:
I was really disgusted with ESPN's coverage today as well. Yeah, Flutie's drop kick extra point was neat and is good water cooler conversation, but did we need three different angles and a press conference about it??? As someone posted previously, you'd think the Patriots won today. Coming into the season, we had the toughest schedule in the league and the Patsies had the weakest. We finished one game behind them after enduring our worst season in thirty years in the previous season. That should account for something. Coach Saban has done a HELL of a job! Don't worry though, after Saban has his team in place, ESPN will be kneeling done and kissing the Dolphins *** like they do every other champ.

well said!!

texasPHINSfan said:
yeah i was pretty miffed too.... how can they show all of the Pats' TDs and not show the Booker TD? They also didn't show the 49th sack, Frerotte's career-high 18th TD pass, or any other of the milestones for us in the game....

You are so right. And Gus throws his career high to Booker...better watch out next year type thing would be nice.

The thing I loved hearing more than anything today was, Sean Salisbury on ESPNews saying the the Dolphins were a "player or two away from being a force in the AFC playoff picture next season".. I think Sean is slowly becoming a believer..

DolphinsRkool99 said:
So they should still give us some credit.

For what, missing the playoffs? Come on guys they are going to the playoffs and DID play their backup for most of the game. We won but it was close. What would you expect, them to show all our highlights and talk about how we are getting a early vacation??
I still go back wondering why people around here are so worried about what others think. I LOVE it when the media slights us. The worst thing that can happen is becoming a media darling. Wait a year and a QB and we can MAKE them talk about us. Until then lets just enjoy what a great situation we are in and how nice it is to have a coach who has us headed in the right direction.
How you guys live always looking at the negative in EVERYTHING blows my mind. How do you guys not jump off a bridge??

When I miss games, I'm always on edge at the TV waiting for our small package. Almost every game we've won, they've talked about the other team after the win and show very few highlights.

Back
Top Bottom