Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads | Page 68 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads

fishfan34 said:
The thing I loved hearing more than anything today was, Sean Salisbury on ESPNews saying the the Dolphins were a "player or two away from being a force in the AFC playoff picture next season".. I think Sean is slowly becoming a believer..

I heard that too. He and the other guy gave Saban credit and said he definately had a chance at winning coach of the year.

HysterikiLL said:
I heard that too. He and the other guy gave Saban credit and said he definately had a chance at winning coach of the year.
It's great to have a leader and coach that you can get behind and believe in each and every thing they do. :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Yeah, that drop kick seemed to somehow hide the fact that Miami won their 6th straight game and finished one game behind the Pats. I was shocked to see how excited everyone got when Flutie kicked an extra point. It didn't do anything to help them win, but it has received LOADS of TV time. No worries though. I kind of like it that the ******* media doesn't follow the Dolphins every step.

Actually I noticed that too. I have to admit, I am not one to really care what ESPN does or says, but geeez, it's like the Phins were a side show to Fluties...well...ummm...side show kick.

We won 6 in a row, and not a word about it. If there is a bias, it's really sad.

ESPN: Doug Flutie first man to drop-kick an extra point since 1941!

Boone: :boring:

Once again the media misses the real story.

The media once again missed the real story to the Dolphins vs. Patriots game...they chose to make the Doug Flutie dropped extra point the big story of the game when the real story was Miami's defense. How about giving the Dolphins defensive line some credit for once, not only do they have the league leading sack unit, a unit that tied a franchise record for sacks...but, the sack that tied it was for a safety...which in fact was the difference in the final score. Where do these morons go to get hired for a reporting job anyway? I know that I could do better than some of these half wits they have covering these games. :tongue:

That's a show of disrespect for the Dolphins that Belichik just showed, I am pretty sure it's Duely noted in the Saban book of 'getting back at you' and will post that story everywhere next season when we play them... ''Look at this guys, they show no respect for you and your job... take it to them, smack them around...'' ...

What goes around comes around...

DolphinDevil28 said:
I hate Greg Cote.

He's been p#$ing me off for a while too. Remember, these are the same jerks who to a man picked no better than 6-10. Cote specifically called Ronnie a bust after 2 weeks. Excuse me, beat writers, but I'd say a good 25% of our posters here offer more insightful, factually correct analyses than 95% of anything you guys have produced.

Agua said:
He's been p#$ing me off for a while too. Remember, these are the same jerks who to a man picked no better than 6-10. Cote specifically called Ronnie a bust after 2 weeks. Excuse me, beat writers, but I'd say a good 25% of our posters here offer more insightful, factually correct analyses than 95% of anything you guys have produced.

:yeahthat:

I guess Cote COMPLETELY decided to overlook the whole first game of the year between Miami and New England, when a chump PI call cost Miami the ballgame the first time around, WHEN New England played their starters.

Here's the real story of the game yesterday...

With one sack  which came when cornerback Reggie Howard forced Cassel to fumble in the end zone for a safety  the Dolphins tied the team's single-season sack record of 49. The defense also held the Patriots to 55 rushing yards.

"I know they didn't play all of their players the whole time," said Saban, whose team possessed the ball for nearly 26 minutes longer than the Patriots. "At the same time, we did what we had to do in the game. It probably shouldn't have been as close. I'm pleased with the way these players came out given the situation."

Oh, but there is no bias...we are just being dumb, no one hates the fins we should grow up and stop being childish. The reporters don't have any control over what they write about. They only write about things people wantr to read!!

Atleast thats what I've been told by some fans on this site that think they now it all. I know Miami has not been the best team in football this year, but we went from a 4-12 team to a 9-7 team when no one gave us a chance. Thats a huge turnaround for a first year coach that doesn't have the players he wants to to do the job he wants. So Saban did this with a buch of castoffs from other teams and the oldest D in the league. What does this say about his ability to coach?? Or his abiliy to add players and coaches to get the job done??

To me Miami would have been a huge story for this year, because they won 9 games without a real starting QB and without a #1 RB, or a secondary thats loaded with probowlers. Too many reasons for Miami to fail and instead they won. Do you think by the time Miami got to their third win in a row teams didn't want to end our streak?? Do you think our division rivals no matter how bad didn't want to beat us?? Miam didn't have a cake walk through the last six games. Please tell me how many other teams had a 6 game winning streak to end the year this year.

Bottom line, Miami could have been the feel good story of the year and could have the coach of the year. You don't always have to be the SB winning coach to earn the coach of the year. I watch week in and week out, how Miami gets no respect on ESPN and I'm told by some fans here there is no bias on that channel....OK it's my imagination when Miami wins their sixth game in a row and all ESPN talked about was all of the NE scores and D.Fluties stupid kick, while showing only the one Dolphin TD by Ricky!!! Yeah, it's my imagination.

Back
Top Bottom