Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads | Page 69 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads

Bottom line is the Dolphins totally dominated the Patriots in time of possession and the score was closer than what transpired out on the field...the Dolphins match up well against the Pats and that is a fact, they hate playing us.

TerryTate said:
I guess Cote COMPLETELY decided to overlook the whole first game of the year between Miami and New England, when a chump PI call cost Miami the ballgame the first time around, WHEN New England played their starters.
where's the "yeah that" sign?

Hey

It's all good, though. Just let them keep heaping on the disrespect, while we quietly sneak up on the rest of the league and climb up to the top of the pile. I, for one, believe that all the the slights being tossed at this team will only serve to fire them up.

Notice to the rest of the NFL: the Dolphins ARE coming ... :fire:

PHANTASTIC 13 said:
Bottom line is the Dolphins totally dominated the Patriots in time of possession and the score was closer than what transpired out on the field...the Dolphins match up well against the Pats and that is a fact, they hate playing us.

Uh, yeah, we dominated a team that pulled their starters by the 2nd quarter, after they scored a touchdown. The score was exactly reflective of what transpired on the field; they were one completion away from overtime (and by the way, that's why they've been so good for so long-they win the games that could go either way). They clearly weren't concerned with the outcome of the game (pulling starters, Flutie's kick) and Nick made it pretty clear that we were. And yet it still came down to the final play. I have no doubt that they are getting concerned about where this team is heading, but that game didn't scare them as much as we'd have liked; they almost won with their scrubs for God's sake. If anything, I think it underscored how much further we still need to improve to catch up.

Hey all that stuff is totally fine with me. I'd just as soon keep flying under the radar as much as we can next year.

PHANTASTIC 13 said:
The media once again missed the real story to the Dolphins vs. Patriots game...they chose to make the Doug Flutie dropped extra point the big story of the game when the real story was Miami's defense. How about giving the Dolphins defensive line some credit for once, not only do they have the league leading sack unit, a unit that tied a franchise record for sacks...but, the sack that tied it was for a safety...which in fact was the difference in the final score. Where do these morons go to get hired for a reporting job anyway? I know that I could do better than some of these half wits they have covering these games. :tongue:

well...they only got ONE sack in the game so its not like it was anything that exciting. ( i mean considering a back up QB was in most the game, you'd think they'd have gotten atleast 2 sacks) and in the media, you don't pump up teams that aren't going to the playoffs, that wouldn't make any sense.

The media disrespects us, wah, wah, wah!
Go on any team's message board and you'll read the same thing.
The media isn't supposed to be partisan.
Who cares what they say or write?
Enjoy the games, and if you don't like what they write, DON'T READ IT!
If you saw the game and watched the postgame press conference, then you already know everything.

Peter Kings MMQB

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/01/01/week17/index.html

Peter King is my favorite writter and I enjoy reading his Monday Morning Quarterback issue every week. But this week disappointed me quite a bit. He didn't once mention the Fins 6 game winning streak and also dropped us off of his fin fifteen after last week we we're tied for 15th with Minnesota and Dallas. Dallas got beat by St. Louis how does that make them better then us. We are the best team not to make the playoffs IMO making us 13th.

Bias in the media bothers me, but I don't think "bias" when I read his stuff. The season is over and we will be getting a lot more attention next year, they have no choice because you know what kind of bandwagon jumpers they are. But I like reading Peters comments aswell.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/01/01/week17/index.html

Peter King is my favorite writter and I enjoy reading his Monday Morning Quarterback issue every week. But this week disappointed me quite a bit. He didn't once mention the Fins 6 game winning streak and also dropped us off of his fin fifteen after last week we we're tied for 15th with Minnesota and Dallas. Dallas got beat by St. Louis how does that make them better then us. We are the best team not to make the playoffs IMO making us 13th.

I dont think the dolphins can be the best team to not make the playoffs we got killed by the browns got beat by the jets and bills and us being 4-12 last year i dont know if you can put us up there next to Dallas I mean look at who we beat in this 6 game win streak we came 21 down in the bills game the raiders game was close we almost got beat by the 3rd string pats so its not like we stommped over every team in that 6 game streak.

PhinsOwnBrady said:
I dont think the dolphins can be the best team to not make the playoffs we got killed by the browns got beat by the jets and bills and us being 4-12 last year i dont know if you can put us up there next to Dallas I mean look at who we beat in this 6 game win streak we came 21 down in the bills game the raiders game was close we almost got beat by the 3rd string pats so its not like we stommped over every team in that 6 game streak.

Winning is winning man

The Dolphins finished with six wins in a row. And that just shows you the mindset change that Nick Saban has made.

That's mentioning it.

Back
Top Bottom