Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads | Page 63 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads

My favorite thing is when he puts his OWN highlights in his segments. LOL. He puts a clip of him making a 10ft putt in a golf tourney or something similar and plays it like 3000 times during the year. Shameless self promotion, thats Bermans motto in life.

PressCoverage said:
objective journalism is completely dominated by the corporation that owns it... and image-conscious corporations (in this case ESPN) dictate the news...

best point of the thread. "objective" and journalism don't belong together. all the news is corporate infotainment. it's steering us gently toward whatever agenda the corporation wants to push. certain points are emphasized and a story is created (e.g. owens); other points are ignored and a story disappears (e.g. irvin). this is not limited to sports, and it shapes the way we see the world if we let it.

finfansince72 said:
My favorite thing is when he puts his OWN highlights in his segments. LOL. He puts a clip of him making a 10ft putt in a golf tourney or something similar and plays it like 3000 times during the year. Shameless self promotion, thats Bermans motto in life.
i love it

Mr Yu said:
Berman was a Jets season ticket holder growing up. He probably still has a poster of Namath in panty hose up in his bedroom.

I have a new theory....Berman likes the "cold weather" teams of the AFC East (NE, Jets, and esp Bills) cause he has to where layers of clothing and covers up his body.

He hates Miami, cause its warm and beaches and in a bathing suit, a young kid could come up and mistake him for a beached whale.

Picture this....Berman laying out on Miami Beach, when a 5 year old runs up and throws a cup of salt water from the Ocean on his back. The kid yells, "mommy, mommy, keeps the blow whole moist, keep the blow whole moist. Help, Help, we must get him back to the water.....someone, get the crane, get the crane!"

It all makes sense....

Dolphins_SR66 said:
I have a new theory....Berman likes the "cold weather" teams of the AFC East (NE, Jets, and esp Bills) cause he has to where layers of clothing and covers up his body.

He hates Miami, cause its warm and beaches and in a bathing suit, a young kid could come up and mistake him for a beached whale.

Picture this....Berman laying out on Miami Beach, when a 5 year old runs up and throws a cup of salt water from the Ocean on his back. The kid yells, "mommy, mommy, keeps the blow whole moist, keep the blow whole moist. Help, Help, we must get him back to the water.....someone, get the crane, get the crane!"

It all makes sense....

Know that is funny!!!!!!!!:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Dolphins_SR66 said:

It all makes sense....

You need to send that to ESPN :D

Berman's last visit to Miami Beach....

abr1324l-1.jpg

Berman may be big but he isn't that fat. That's reaching quite a bit.

RobFins2005 said:
Berman may be big but he isn't that fat. That's reaching quite a bit.

Sorta like how he reaches for the 3rd serving of mashers & gravy at the buffet?

That's OK ESPN, in '06 you won't have a choice but to kiss out behinds. In 2006 the aqua and orange dominate. I can feel it.

Mr Yu said:
Sorta like how he reaches for the 3rd serving of mashers & gravy at the buffet?

good god, the guy barely has a double chin. He's overweight but it's not like he's Bobby Bacala from the Sopranos.

You probably consider Mahatma Ghandi "at risk".

Back
Top Bottom