Merged: FINAL CUTS ARE IN!!!!!!!/Dolphins waive 13 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: FINAL CUTS ARE IN!!!!!!!/Dolphins waive 13

Gadsden will be waived off IR once he is healthy. They probably couldn't come to an agreement with the agent. At least he'll get a few weeks pay this way. I can't believe that Whitley made this team. He was only kept cause he's a third rounder. One or 2 of the corners that we cut will be signed to the PS as well as Jerman and another QB. Grigsby must have really impressed them but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut once Burnett is full speed and then we sign another corner to the roster

Dallas would have the best shot.... I don't know about the waiver order right now but based on records from last year.....

The moves aren't over.

They will be bringing in players for tryouts over the next few days. (CB's hopefully)

Odds are someone else who 'made it' will be gone.

Originally posted by Dude
How can we supposedly be talking w/ several teams about trading Edwards, and not end up getting something for him...not even a conditional 7th?

Because he fumbled too many times in the Saints game against scrubs. Edwards I think made this an easier decision for them because of that, and because of the fumbles lowered his trade value.

Oliver...

Here'e my prediction for the Practice Squad:

Rountree
Banks or Yeremiah Bell
Jerman
QB...probably Storner
Kendall Newsome

Originally posted by notguilty

Oh, come on! First, anyone that writes that'll learn him, needs to attend a class or two before worrying about the learning of others. I think you mean "teach" him. Second, Gadsden has done nothing for the Dolphins other than make plays time and time again. IR means that if KcKnight, Chambers or Thompson goes down, we can't sign Gadsden to help out later in the years, which under any analysis is not "good"

I am truly sorry. I didn't realize we had to be grammatically correct when posting to this board. I should have said, that'll learn the bas$@*d. Happy? I hope we cut him as soon as he's healthy.

I don't see the Fins going after another corner...I think that they are happy with any one of the 3 that they just cut and they'll sign 1 or 2 to the PS

Originally posted by bdwgroove
Here'e my prediction for the Practice Squad:

Rountree
Banks or Yeremiah Bell
Jerman
QB...probably Storner
Kendall Newsome

We're heavy in the secondary.

It's my guess that one of them doesn't make it through waivers.

Wow Wanny and Rick had me fooled. I thought Edwards and at least Banks or Roundtree were keepers. That'll learn me for believing info. from the press.;) with teams dying for corners we not get any of the 3 cb's back.

First of all, I think the "that will learn em'," was made in jest. I cannot speak for the person who wrote it but I am willing to bet they know proper english and went for the comedy route instead. Secondly, I agree with it. Gadsen has been a pain in the *** for thep past two seasons along with his genius :rolleyes: agent, hast managed to alienate himself form the organization and fans. I say good riddance to fat rubbash.

Also, someone please explain why everyone calls them the Femi Bros? :lol: Obafemi is the FIRST name of one of the brothers. Ayanbadejo is their last name. Of course trying to type that all the time can be trying. Good to see that both made it.

Sad to see Edwards go. I was leaning towards keeping him myself and letting Henry walk. I understand though why they did what they did. I wish him well.

Only keeping four cornerbacks could be very risky in my opinion. Surtian has been out all preseason due to injury and Madison hasn't exactly been injury free in the past. Fletcher and Buckley could be seeing a lot of playing time this year, with no one to back them up.

Prime Time, notice how Grigsby is still here? Perhaps you need to retract those staetments about him being cut now eh? :lol: :jk:

I feel comfortable with Chambers, Thompson, McKnight, Simmons and Tolver. Do you guys?

Well, I suppose keeping four TE's again is a good thing. McMicheal and Lee I think should be the first two options with Battaglia most likely not being active for most of the season. The fourth "Tight End" is our long snapper who was signed in place of Perry. Technically he is a Tight End so yes, we have four.

Hopefully Dixon gets back healthy and stays that way. It seems that he will be the only legitmate candidate other than Wade Smith to man our LT spot.

How many linebackers did we end up keeping? Seau, Thomas, Greenwood, Ayanbadejo, Jenkins, and Hendricks? Anyone I am missing?

Anyhow, I am pretty happy with this team. I am sure the final roster from now and the end of the season will look a lot different, but for what it is worth, this team looks pretty good from top to bottom right now.

I am off to make some Madden creations for people who made the squad who are not in the game...I will have them in created player section.

OK, only four cb's of which means, I suppose, the FO believes, at least one will still be here tomorrow when we can start signing a PS. Freeman, Wooden and Gamble can play nickle and dime backs so the loss of a CB still leaves us with three who can play outside.

Also 9 OL's but only 3 OT's including a nicked one, likely means the same thing re: Jerman.

Gadsden on IR means he gets paid for the whole season and can't play for anyone, right?

Keeping Grigsby means Burnett for sure will not be ready for Houston. We will have at least 4 healthy DE's. Its also insurance against Bowens not being back when they expect. Can he go inside on the pass rush?

Five draft picks make the final roster, Smith, Whitley, Lee, Tolver, and Jenkins, two go on IR, Moore and Williams, and one gets cut, Provost.

Billy Yates is the only new undrafted free agent to make the club this year and he replaces Jerman who is the only one from last year to have made it.

I predict the FO will sign one WR to the PS, either Bellamy or Newson, one OT, likely Jerman though they may give Thompson another physical since the Jets cut him also, and 3 guys on defense. Maybe one of the last cuts on the DL and /or two or three DB's.

Originally posted by Samphin

Prime Time, notice how Grigsby is still here? Perhaps you need to retract those staetments about him being cut now eh? :lol: :jk:

[/B]

Nah :(...:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by notguilty
Oh, come on! First, anyone that writes that'll learn him, needs to attend a class or two before worrying about the learning of others. I think you mean "teach" him. Second, Gadsden has done nothing for the Dolphins other than make plays time and time again. IR means that if KcKnight, Chambers or Thompson goes down, we can't sign Gadsden to help out later in the years, which under any analysis is not "good"

First of all, you are not the grammar police. And this is not an English class. And any backhanded lecturing on the subject will not be tolerated here.

Secondly, the NFL is all about 'what have you done for me lately'. And Gadsden hasn't done much.

It would have been nice to have released him or reached an injury settlement. But Gadsden and his agent made that an impossibility. The resisted the team's repeated attempts to reach a settlement. So he left the team no choice in the matter.

So is Gadsen done for the year? Or can he be signed when healthy? Week six or whatever. His agent sure painted him into a corner. Is Dixon now our "official" back-up at RT, I know Taylor Whitney was tried there late in camp?

Back
Top Bottom