Merged: FINAL CUTS ARE IN!!!!!!!/Dolphins waive 13 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: FINAL CUTS ARE IN!!!!!!!/Dolphins waive 13

Rogers made it! - no big surprise...

I'm excited about him returning kicks this year. He's going to bust a couple for TD's!

As Dude alluded to earlier, the tweaking of the roster is not over with. There will be a few more moves made in the coming days. This is just the first wave (albeit the largest one).

Didn't Yates, Whitley and McKinney play together in college? Interesting. It seems as if Miami is trying to recreate that Texas A&M (or whatever school they went to) line. :lol:

WLB Corey Jenkins SLB Brenden Ayanbadejo, and MLB Tommy Hendricks and made the team. Simmons and Tolver. Randy McMichael, Marco Battaglia, Donald Lee, Sean McDermott. 4 TE's is surprising. I believe that covers all the surprises.

IMO Gadson and his agent have messed up his chances of landing with any team. His career is now over.

:hmmm: Sam Simmons made the team!!!

:beerbang: :mdfin: :clap: :banana: :rockon:

Originally posted by Samphin
Didn't Yates, Whitley and McKinney play together in college? Interesting. It seems as if Miami is trying to recreate that Texas A&M (or whatever school they went to) line. :lol:

Yup, we now have the 2001 Texas A&M starting interior OL running 2nd team. :)

Originally posted by john00agent
KiJana Carter got cut, too? Hmmmm

Wow. Didn't see that one coming. I wonder if they just fleeced our front office. :confused:

Originally posted by Ohiophinphan
OK, only four cb's of which means, I suppose, the FO believes, at least one will still be here tomorrow when we can start signing a PS. Freeman, Wooden and Gamble can play nickle and dime backs so the loss of a CB still leaves us with three who can play outside.

Also 9 OL's but only 3 OT's including a nicked one, likely means the same thing re: Jerman.

Gadsden on IR means he gets paid for the whole season and can't play for anyone, right?

Keeping Grigsby means Burnett for sure will not be ready for Houston. We will have at least 4 healthy DE's. Its also insurance against Bowens not being back when they expect. Can he go inside on the pass rush?

Five draft picks make the final roster, Smith, Whitley, Lee, Tolver, and Jenkins, two go on IR, Moore and Williams, and one gets cut, Provost.

Billy Yates is the only new undrafted free agent to make the club this year and he replaces Jerman who is the only one from last year to have made it.

I predict the FO will sign one WR to the PS, either Bellamy or Newson, one OT, likely Jerman though they may give Thompson another physical since the Jets cut him also, and 3 guys on defense. Maybe one of the last cuts on the DL and /or two or three DB's.

If you read up a bit you'll see my post and I agree with everything that you wrote. I don't know if Grigsby makes the team if Burnett isn't dinged up. Maybe he does, regardless we don't have another option at DE and if we waive him he probably makes the PS but we couldn't take the chance that he doesn't. I think that it's much smarter keeping him and risking 3 CBs...all we need is 1 to make the PS...and I think that 2 will. I think that we like Jerman more than the rest of the league so he passes through to the PS. I think that their thinking on Whitley is that some team would take a flyer on him just because he was a third rounder and probably some other teams had the same grade on him...he may get cut and signed to the PS at some later point...he's just not ready now. It also makes me think that Dixon is ready to play even if he doesn't cause they only kept the 3 tackles. Gadsden can be waived off of the IR whenever he is healthy. I don't know what the rules are for us to resign him is at that point. My guess is that we won't be able to for the whole year.

Back
Top Bottom