Merged: PFT/ Will Allen Heading To Miami? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: PFT/ Will Allen Heading To Miami?

Renaldo Hill CB/S
Andre' Goodman CB
Yeremiah Bell S
Travis Daniels CB
Will Poole CB
Kiwaukee Thomas CB
Shirdonya Mitchell CB/KR
Travares Tillman S
Siddeeq Shabazz S
Eddie Jackson CB
Jack Hunt S
Norman Lejeune S
Art Thomas CB

so this what the Fins have so far, add Will Allen if he's signed

Here a comment by Will Allen
When you have the respect I’ve had in the AFC East for the last number of years, you don’t get tested as much. When you have a rush in front of you, the offense tends to look for the weakest link on the football field. Obviously, it wasn’t me. So your production is going to go down."

This was from another MB!!

it would be a very good signing i think! He are in desperate need of cornerbacks

mia4ever said:
Renaldo Hill CB/S
Andre' Goodman CB
Yeremiah Bell S
Travis Daniels CB
Will Poole CB
Kiwaukee Thomas CB
Shirdonya Mitchell CB/KR
Travares Tillman S
Siddeeq Shabazz S
Eddie Jackson CB
Jack Hunt S
Norman Lejeune S
Art Thomas CB

so this what the Fins have so far, add Will Allen if he's signed

Here a comment by Will Allen
When you have the respect I’ve had in the AFC East for the last number of years, you don’t get tested as much. When you have a rush in front of you, the offense tends to look for the weakest link on the football field. Obviously, it wasn’t me. So your production is going to go down."

This was from another MB!!

Im pretty sure that was Sam Madison's quote, hence the AFC EAST.

Ryan1973 said:
I am not sure about him. He struggled a lot with the Giants. I don't see him being better than Poole or Daniels.
Why is it that all intial responses by Phin fans are almost always negative? Did Wannsturd and Spewman traumatize us that badly? Will Allen is 27 years old, a former 1st round selection, and the 3rd best CB available in this year's FA. Add in the fact that Saban's specialty is in DBs and how you can not like this pick-up befuddles me.

I think it is a good signing b/c he is EXTREMELY FAST. we need so much speed in our secondary its pathetic. our fastest guy was jones and he is off teh team. Lance is slow, daniels is ok, and poole is unproven yet but they say he plays much faster then he times. we need big time secondary speed.

dolfan91 said:
i have watched will allen from the beginning of his NFL career, IF he signs; to me it will be a quality signing. he is a tough as nails CB with good coverage skills, the knock on him; is he doesn't come up with any INT's ... but he consistantly covers his man all over the field... he is a solid young CB prospect and i would love to see him join the fins ... the addition of allen would give miami an experienced young CB to help groom the rest of the secondary. the current miami prospect on the roster that compares to allen is Will Poole.. they are built the same and both support the run well ... again this only my opinion on allen, but after having seen him play every sunday, i will be tickled pink if he signs ... he is a nick saban type....

I'm with you dog. I would be so damn happy if we can some how find a way to sign him. But, I doubt it will happen, it would be too good to be true. I think he had like 18 pass deflection a year ago, and he had around 12 this year. He covers his man like white on rice. I think he was the fastest corner the year he got drafted. He would excel in our system..

I do agree with you, but Tebucky Jones was not our fastest DB and Shirdonya Mitchell (if his cover skills are decent) is VERY fast as well.

chrisinak said:
According to PFT:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

We're hearing indications that free agent cornerback Will Allen soon will be signing with the Miami Dolphins.

Allen is a former first-round selection of the New York Giants, but he never displayed on a consistent basis first-round ability. He was eclipsed from the outset of his career another corner drafted that same year with the same first name, William Peterson, and the Giants extended Peterson's rookie contract without ever showing any serious decision to be keep Allen.

In Miami, Allen gets the best chance to become the player he's never been. Coach Nick Saban's specialty is the defensive backfield, and we've got a feeling he could yank four guys from the kitchen of a local Denny's and with a few weeks of practice turn them into guys who could make a periodic play.

Did he find Reggie Howard in a Denny's ??? :shakeno:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
They throw to his side all the time. Why you ask, because he was the weak link. Corey Webster started and did much better then him, they pick on Allen all the time. He has gottn a little better with tackling, but is also thought of as a timid player.

What ? Coery didn't play until later in the year. Allen was getting praised by everybody the whole year, until he had one bad game against Santana Moss. Now, remind you he shut him down the first game. And there's no way in hell Webster outplayed Allen. Will Allen is a monster. He can come in and immediately be an impact player for our secondary.

Will Allen will be able to step for us. He just needs good coaching. We can offer that. Will is like someone we can get cheap and turn around to be able to become a pro bowler. I would love to see this deal get done and him show the Giants organization they made a mistake!

Well lets see he drafted Daniels and sign shulters... the others were here from Dave's regime correct?

Tillman he signed and Jackson and Thomas.

CubanCulebra said:
Why is it that all intial responses by Phin fans are almost always negative? Did Wannsturd and Spewman traumatize us that badly? Will Allen is 27 years old, a former 1st round selection, and the 3rd best CB available in this year's FA. Add in the fact that Saban's specialty is in DBs and how you can not like this pick-up befuddles me.

It's just the nature. I don't get it myself. 27 yrs old former 1st rounder, with 4.3 speed and can tackle? What's not to like ?

Back
Top Bottom