Merged: PFT/ Will Allen Heading To Miami? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: PFT/ Will Allen Heading To Miami?

painnotpleasure said:
Living in New Jersey with a lot of Giants fans (along with Jets, Steelers, and Eagles) from every Giant fan I hear from... I have heard the same thing from all of them, "STAY AWAY". They're very happy to have acquired Madison and McQuarters and couldn't be more happy that Will Allen is gone.

Me as well living in New Jersey and hearing Giants fans frustration about him, but I think alot of that frustration is because the kid does have talent, he's just never been able to put it all together. Maybe Saban can do something about that, because the talent is most definitely there folks.

Nick is God said:
Me as well living in New Jersey and hearing Giants fans frustration about him, but I think alot of that frustration is because the kid does have talent, he's just never been able to put it all together. Maybe Saban can do something about that, because the talent is most definitely there folks.

i think you're on to something...Im pretty sure that he was a 1st rounder a few years back and with that 1st round selection comes really high expectations... maybe he has always been borderline of being a good player and living up to his expectations, but he just never quite got there... guess we will just have to see..

My dad is a giant fan so ive seen a decent amount of games. Im deffinatley for getting him. He plays good at times, very good for that matter, so maybe Saban can get the consistency out.

the opinion on Allen depends on who you talk to. A lot of outside fans think he's solid, some Giant fans will tell you he's good just not a number 1 CB, and the rest tell you he sucks (of course, part of the reason they feel this way is because they passed on Nate Clements to get Allen)

If Saban is going after Will Allen then A) The contract isn't large. B) Saban thinks he was miscast in a man to man scheme that the phins don't run more then a few times a game anymore and will fit his scheme better.

The only plus side I see out of this is that this make the team lean more towards drafting Greenway at LB giving us 2 very young playmakers at LB to go with Zach. Then he can look at safety/cb prospects in the 3rd/4th.

ChambersWI said:
the opinion on Allen depends on who you talk to. A lot of outside fans think he's solid, some Giant fans will tell you he's good just not a number 1 CB, and the rest tell you he sucks (of course, part of the reason they feel this way is because they passed on Nate Clements to get Allen)

I find very few teams have CBs that all fans can agree on as "solid". There are the obvious ones- the Champ Baileys, the Pat Surtains etc., but if you actually watch every play of every game, no CB is ever going to seem perfect. Nearly all of them get beat at some point. Which is why instead of asking only Giant fans, I would be curious what fans of other teams in the NFC East think of the guy.

I live in NY and work with all Giant fans, they all have been saying week in and week out how bad Allen is. I think Poole and Daniels are the starters, or atleast I hope they are cause Allen does suck.

dolfanrodney said:
I live in NY and work with all Giant fans, they all have been saying week in and week out how bad Allen is. I think Poole and Daniels are the starters, or atleast I hope they are cause Allen does suck.

:lol: And the signed the great and almighty Sam Madison to replace him? Good luck with that. At least Allen has the physical tools- the speed and the ability to tackle, which means hes coachable. Sam is on the decline and has lost the ability to tackle, has little speed, and
zero ball skills. Look, Sam was a great Fin, one of the best, but at this point in his career he just is not the same player. Not by a long shot.

I'll take my chances on the guy with the physical attributes.

Saban is getting some guys that have the talent, but maybe need coaching to bring it all together. I trust his judgement more than my own -go figure. :D

Getting Allen would seem to just about complete the secondary though, so that opens up the #16 pick for Miami.

Chad Jackson to boost the offense? Booker is getting older.

Carpenter or Greenway at LB? If we don't get a free agent like Peterson.

BPA? Who might slip down to the Phins?

I'm loving how things are going so far though, as Saban really makes this HIS team, not dealing with the Wanny/Spielman leftovers.

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
Chad Jackson to boost the offense? Booker is getting older.

Saban is a BPA/SEC drafting guy. If it's true that the WR's are weak this year and there are doubts that any of these guys would be first rounders any other draft year then I doubt he grabs one here.

Allen could be a steal...and after Saban gets hold of him and teaches him...look out. Our 'phins will have THE two best, YOUNG cover corners in the league. I say get him.

heres some opinion from a Giant fan:

"Allen would be a nice player for you guys, Saban could make him into the pro-bowler that he can be.

Physically, there are not many CBs that are as tough as him in run defense. He is a sure tackler that is not afraid to throw in his helmet into a big back. He often can cover man-to-man very tight, but his issues lie within his hands. After going over the tape...

-In 2004-Allen could have/should have had 9 INTs, but he dropped everything. And I am talking the ball being in between his two hands.

-In 2005-Allen could have.should have had 7 INTs.

If he can correct whatever issue he has there, he will be a pro-bowler".

Phins28 said:
heres some opinion from a Giant fan:

"Allen would be a nice player for you guys, Saban could make him into the pro-bowler that he can be.

Physically, there are not many CBs that are as tough as him in run defense. He is a sure tackler that is not afraid to throw in his helmet into a big back. He often can cover man-to-man very tight, but his issues lie within his hands. After going over the tape...

-In 2004-Allen could have/should have had 9 INTs, but he dropped everything. And I am talking the ball being in between his two hands.

-In 2005-Allen could have.should have had 7 INTs.

If he can correct whatever issue he has there, he will be a pro-bowler".

i know its just the opinion of one person, but it sounds good to me

like2god said:
Ty Law for too much money and Charles Woodson, who at this point isn't any better than Allen. IMO

IMO, woodson hasn't had anything in the tank for years. he has been running on the fumes of his name...

Dolfan1000 said:
Im curious about PFT, because I've only really started reading their information during the CBA situation and this first week of FA- and they have been pretty credible.

keep in mind that the nature of speculating where somebody wants to go is a big-time guessing game. in addition, sometimes agents can leak false information in order to raise bids from somewhere else. even a highly credible free agency source can get it wrong at least half the time. PFT is better than, say, sports illustrated. if you look at their free agency checklist, they figure out what a team needs, and then they list that team as the most likely destination for every FA at that position. for example, they say that ty law AND charles woodson will most likely be chiefs, and they say that lavar arrington AND julian peterson will most likely be dolphins. that's impossible, but they've doubled the odds that they're right, i guess...

Back
Top Bottom