MERGED-Show Your Support for Brian Schottenheimer! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Show Your Support for Brian Schottenheimer!

What the hell does that mean? Do you have Culpepper's SAT scores?

easy champ

being a smart QB doesn't mean you are a MENSA member or anything
look at Jay Fiedler

I'm sure 99 out of 100 Fulbright scholars are bad at reading defenses

and so is Pep

That's a fair statement. Although ironically I don't consider Coles as a "True #1." He has everything you want in a #1; He has great hands, takes the punishment over the middle, runs good routes, is good after the catch, and blocks!

Now IMO the "True #1's" are Game-Breakers. The Torry Holts, Chad Johnsons, Steve Smiths, Marvin Harrisons, Lee Evans, Javon Walkers. You could definitely argue the Andre Johnson, or Donald Driver.

I agree on the Cotch/Booker are pretty even, obviously Cotch has the upside, but both are good receivers.
Right. But every #1 guy you mentioned including Coles dominated our #1 guy of CC in every way. I would trade Coles for CC in a heartbeat. People want to explain excuses that Joey H. or other QB's "can't throw the ball downfield" etc... yet Chad is considered to have a very weak arm, and only be decent on short patterns. Somehow he makes it work, where he exhibits the example of having 2 top 20 WR's in spite of his [FONT=&quot]deficiencies[/FONT]. Ironic...

Right. But every #1 guy you mentioned including Coles dominated our #1 guy of CC in every way. I would trade Coles for CC in a heartbeat. People want to explain excuses that Joey H. or other QB's "can't throw the ball downfield" etc... yet Chad is considered to have a very weak arm, and only be decent on short patterns. Somehow he makes it work, where he exhibits the example of having 2 top 20 WR's in spite of his [FONT=&quot]deficiencies[/FONT]. Ironic...

we had mularkey and saban they had shottenheimer - mystery solved

easy champ

being a smart QB doesn't mean you are a MENSA member or anything
look at Jay Fiedler

I'm sure 99 out of 100 Fulbright scholars are bad at reading defenses

and so is Pep

I fully understand scholastically contrived intellect doesn't always directly translate into to having a high football IQ. But Throwing 39 TD's in a season doesn't translate into an inability to read NFL defenses.

What the hell does that mean? Do you have Culpepper's SAT scores? Maybe you administered his IQ test? No, no, I know. You sat down with him and engaged him in meaningfull conversation. After that you determined he couldn't string together multi-syllabic words to form complete sentences, and therefore he must be legally ******ed. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Give me a ****ing break.
Dude, don't get your panties in a twist over Red. He's been wrong at pretty much every turn he's posted so far. Dude can't hit the nail on the head, even with 250 swings of the hammer. He doesn't get it. Sorry Red.

I wouldn't support him or is his dad in a million years. There are no words I can write here to express how much I wouldn't want a Schottenheimer anywhere near the the Dolphins. Show my support??????????????

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave Brian alone! A year ago you guys were laughing at the Jets for hiring a young HC w/ only 1 year of experience as a coordinator so keep thinking like that and get someone like a Mike Sherman or Mike martz.

Since we lost Scott Linehan after one season, it's only fair that the Jets should have to lose Brian Schottenheimer after one season. But seriously I think he would make a very good head coach for us. I admit as a fan it's frustrating when you've got a good thing going, then your coaching staff gets raided by other teams. The Patriots were very lucky they didn't lose their coordinators until after they won three super bowls.

Why Him its not like the jets offense was amazing, why does he have so much credibility and up side to him?? Because i dont see it at all!!!!

Why Him its not like the jets offense was amazing, why does he have so much credibility and up side to him?? Because i dont see it at all!!!!
Considering the question he had at Quarterback, NO running game to speak of, 3 new offensive lineman, including 2 rookies on the most demanding positions on the line. And an unproven but high potential(at the time) Jerricho Cotchery...

You have to admit he did a very good job, and the playcalling WAS NOT predictable, their was some trickery, and he spread the ball around to everyone.

I think Vince Young pretty much proved that you don't have to be an intellectual genius to be a good NFL QB. He's not a great passer yet, but the guy has knack for winning games one way or another. If he ever does get as good at his completion %, reading coverages and making smart adjustments on the fly like Peyton or Brady, he's going to be a nightmare in this league.

Just look at Terry Bradshaw. He might have gotten the lowest score ever on the Wonderlic if they had it back then. I think I heard him say that he couldn't get into LSU because his ACT score was way too low ... he said he's not a "test guy". But that was a different era. Every NFL QB these days has to be a lot smarter these days. The high IQ guys will just pick it up with fewer reps.

I want Shottenhiemer, but I highly doubt he'll get the job.....

He's simply too young, and too in-experienced. In another couple of years, he'd be considered a very strong candidate, but as of today I doubt he's be able to handle the kind of responsibilities it takes. I really like BS, and he's among my top 5 choices, but expecting him to become our head coach is a longshot in my opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

This is a quote from my post in another thread:

They (the Jets) have the 18th ranked scoring offense, 20th ranked rushing offense, 17th ranked passing offense, 16th ranked 1st down passing offense, 16th ranked yards per play.

This is all with Noodle-armed Pennington(who Mangini has admitted they are trying to get rid of, that tells you what his own organization thinks of him) at QB, an o-line made of weak vets and rookies, a RB by committee system with the likes of Washington and Barlow headlining(yuck), absolutely NO TE's to speak of, and average WR's.

That is damn impressive in my book.

Here's an article on him as well:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/11/sports/football/11jets.html

Most here are high on him.
Please list a quote where Mangini indicates he wants to get rid of Chad. Can't find one? I didnt think so. Also whats Chads record vs the Dolphins the last 5 years? just curious

Back
Top Bottom