[MERGED] Super Bowl VII to reair.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Super Bowl VII to reair....

I like How Twilley turned to the ref and thanked him after the TD

Does anyone know at what point in the game that the famous Larry Brown hit where he lost his helmet occured? Tonight I get to see the hit in the context of the game.

Thanks.

Think its the second half but I only saw this when I was five so its almost like I'm watching it for the first time

Does anyone know at what point in the game that the famous Larry Brown hit where he lost his helmet occured? Tonight I get to see the hit in the context of the game.

I can't answer that one but I can point this out. Do you remember the 3rd and 20 where they mention Bob Mathison #53 coming in for the Dolphins "53 defense"? Many think they called that defense a 53 because it showed five down linemen and three linebackers. This was not the reasoning. They called it the "53" because Bob Mathison's number was 53. Bob Mathison played linebacker in college. Bob Mathison played defensive line in the NFL. Bill Arnsparger used those two strengths to disguise his defensive intentions.

Everyone seems to know the Bears story about Doug Plank and the 46 defense. They were not original. The originals were long forgotten when the 1985 Bears come around.

Jake Scott with the pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jake Scott interception!!!

I was five years old and watching it on black and white. OOOOHHHH COLOR WOW!

I forgot about that black and white issue. You are right. Most of America watched this game in black and white. This quality of this game is awesome considering it's origins. We were still amazed by "technicolor" back then.

You should have seen TV with the fuzz on the screen coming through the "rabbit ears". This is actually better video than you would have seen in until cable came around. Heck, I do not think I got cable until 1980 or 1981. Somehwere around there. :unsure:

haha...rabbit ears..we wouldn't be able to get a single channel with those...My dad had a 75 foot high tower with an antenna on it...unheard of by most people around here..

Did anyone catch the blurb about the defensive line? The starting front four were all under the age of 25. The World Football League killed the Dolphins. I think this team could have dominated the next two or three years in the league (at least).

I forgot about that black and white issue. You are right. Most of America watched this game in black and white. This quality of this game is awesome considering it's origins. We were still amazed by "technicolor" back then.

Actually one of the things that always amuses me whenever "classic" broadcasts from yesteryear are shown, no matter what the sport, is the lack of the information graphics on the screen. Now those graphics didn't start showing up until the early 1990's, but I'm so used to them now that whenever I watch an old broadcast, I'm like having to really pay attention because down and distance, ball and strike count, etc. aren't shown.

Bear in mind that back then we were all used to watching games without extensive graphics and nothing was wrong with it. If anything, information overload has made today's TV Sports viewer a bit to relaxed.

Did anyone catch the blurb about the defensive line? The starting front four were all under the age of 25. The World Football League killed the Dolphins. I think this team could have dominated the next two or three years in the league (at least).

Yeah we would have won the SB three in a row minimum if the WFL hadnt killed us. People really dont understand how dominating we were before the WFL raid. SuperBowl 8 was actually our best team

haha...rabbit ears..we wouldn't be able to get a single channel with those...My dad had a 75 foot high tower with an antenna on it...unheard of by most people around here..

We had a 25-30 foot antenna that ran up the side of the house. I used it to climb up on the roof in my own "spiderman" way as a kid. My fatass would break it of the wall today.

If anything, information overload has made today's TV Sports viewer a bit to relaxed.

Not really relaxed but less informed. What you just said were they are not watching the game. They are watching the statistics and graphics. That ain't the game. The game is still the game.

Back
Top Bottom