Merged: The Official Nnamdi Asomugha Thread | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

thats old news buddy that was posted before.

I insist that saying that he won't be franchised because the Raiders are 3m over the cap is overly simplistic. We see teams freeing up tens of millions of cap room all the team by releasing and restructuring deals. Is there solid info support inf the notion that Oakland can't do this? I dare say, if there were we would have heard about it via Scheffer, etc by now.

They have to clear a lot of cap space to do this..when do they start cutting players..better do it soon..

that quote has been floating around for the last week or two. there's still a small chance as the raiders are in cap hell with al bundy signing those rediculous contracts with guaranteed money. i honestly think he is going senile.

Yeah but 4 touchdowns in one game?...Impressive.

what are the odds that Nnamdi becomes a FA?

one in a million

what are the odds that he signs with us?

one in a million

clear.gif

so you're saying there's a chance!!!!!!

I'm excited about having Wake in a fins uniform, but I'm not sure he is like a first round pick. He may turn out to be a great pickup, but if he's like a first round pick, then he better be STARTING this year. His coverage skills have been called into question and a starting LB in the 3-4 needs to be able cover at least some of the time. I think as of right now, he is a situational pass rusher which is in no way a first round pick.

Even as a situational pass rusher, if he ends up with 10 or more sacks, trust me, he will not only be considered as good as a 1st round pick, but a top 10 1st round pick. He has the talent, all he has to do right now is catch up to the speed of the NFL as Canada Football is pretty much like College.

I insist that saying that he won't be franchised because the Raiders are 3m over the cap is overly simplistic. We see teams freeing up tens of millions of cap room all the team by releasing and restructuring deals. Is there solid info support inf the notion that Oakland can't do this? I dare say, if there were we would have heard about it via Scheffer, etc by now.

I'm not saying it can't be done in terms of him being franchised, you can always do that, but at what price is what I'm asking? I listed their situation based on the numbers in the papers.. I don't know the exactly figures or situations of everyone on that teams in terms of contracts..but I do know they have a lot of guranteed money out there, and some ppl will have to be willing to restructure their contracts... Here's another source on this..

28. Oakland -- $4m under – Ouch, CB DeAngelo Hall counts $5m in dead money after being cut. To make it worse he suddenly played like a Pro Bowler again in Washington. WR Javon Walker has a $5m roster bonus due next month. He’ll actually collect it because of an injury guarantee – and his cap hit is $14m if they cut him. OT Robert Gallery will have to rework his deal to shave off his $9.2m cap charge.

The Raiders are going to have to be tremendously successful in restructuring contracts of their most cap heavy players to be able to get anything done this off season. Al has always managed to do this, but under performing players like Walker, (who can't be cut) will need to be the first come to the table and restructure.

This is why it is going to be difficult to sign Nnamdi long term, one because Nnamdi with his new agent Tom Condon, really want Nnamdi to be a free agent. Secondly, because the Raiders salary cap predicament gives Condon leverage to have Nnamdi tagged (then free the next year) or traded. That is the reason I'm leaning towards the trade Nnamdi scenario, for more cap room and the compensation that would result.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2009/2/7/752247/2009-salary-cap-limits-rai

Al knows the guy is worth the money, but will it gut the team..probably, but then they need some gutting..

Back
Top Bottom