Merged: The Official Nnamdi Asomugha Thread | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

I just hope he doesn't go to the Pats.

i just want to see him in miami with brown...plz thats all

We need to give this guy whatever he wants. He will lock down his position for the next 6 years allowing us to focus elsewhere.

He's only a cornerback, and would be too expensive for what his true value actually would be. We have much more immediate needs on this team such as nose tackle, possibly right tackle, center, wide receiver, and then cornerback. We can improve in the secondary for sure, but don't need to break the bank for one, honestly.

I used to really think elite corners were important, and certainly if you have one, it's a nice thing to have. But, the more I watch the really good defenses, the Giants of 07, last years ravens and Steelers, and titans, etc. they all have one thing in common. Decent corners for sure, and in the case of Baltimore, Ed Reed who's like from another planet, but what really makes those defenses great is:

1. You can't run on them

2. Disruptive at the line of scrimmage with their tackles and ends. In particular, their tackles. Albert haynesworth, Casey Hampton, Haloti Ngata anyone?

3. Incredible pass rushing and run stopping linebackers

The secondary is good, but probably looks better than they actually are because of the above 3 points.

I guess what i'm trying to say, is that whilst I agree it would be nice to have a really good corner to help us not get embarassed by the Larry fitzgeralds and randy Moss's of the world, it doesn't make sense to break the bank for one, when in reality, those guys can't be stopped by any of the corners out there anyways, but rather get stopped by stopping the run, making the team one dimensional, and then by hitting the quarter back from up the middle, all sides, early and often and that means, a nose tackle, and pass rushing ends and linebackers.

That's what we need to invest in more than anything on the defensive side of the ball IMHO.

As much as i would love to have Nnamdi as our CB, i agree 100% with your above statement. :up:

Dallas and the Pats had long runs with championships. They had great lines, good LBs, good te's, great qb's, good wr's, and both had a lockdown/shutdown corner that allowed the defense to use it's talent to apply pressure on the QB.

There is little to no chance we sign him...but if we do, I will be loving it all the way.

it would b nice but bp will not bring him back

I haven't seen anything yet.....

If he is cut, i think we'd probably see him retire rather than go anywhere else.

I too think the Pats will pick him up. I hate to see him playing up there. I also think the Chargers will make a strong push.

Back
Top Bottom