Merged: The Official Nnamdi Asomugha Thread | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

Citing a source familiar with the situation, the AP agrees with reports that the Raiders are close to a long-term deal with Nnamdi Asomugha.

The AP expects Asomugha to get "at least" $26M in guarantees, the most ever for a cornerback. Chris Gamble is currently the NFL's highest paid corner. He got $23M guaranteed earlier this winter. Asomugha's agent, Tom Condon, has reportedly already sent the contract to the league for approval.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

man that sucks but i really wasnt counting on him coming here anyway. i think we need 2 concentrate on the players we need 2 keep first... carey, bell, and yes... crowder 2.

Asomugha will not be tagged!!!

HUGE NEWS!!!
The Raiders reportedly don't plan to franchise tag Nnamdi Asomugha if they fail to work out a long-term deal with him by 4PM ET.

Asomugha would then hit the market and probably get more money elsewhere than what Oakland is offering. Every team in the league would have interest.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...aspx?sport=NFL

Also, I know this belongs in the merged thread, but I thought it kind of deserved it's own thread.

pixel-1.gif

Citing a source familiar with the situation, the AP agrees with reports that the Raiders are close to a long-term deal with Nnamdi Asomugha.
The AP expects Asomugha to get "at least" $26M in guarantees, the most ever for a cornerback. Chris Gamble is currently the NFL's highest paid corner. He got $23M guaranteed earlier this winter. Asomugha's agent, Tom Condon, has reportedly already sent the contract to the league for approval.

If everyone in the NFL has "interest", I don't expect the Dolphins to get into a bidding war. They'll throw out a nice offer, but if Asomougha doesn't take it, they'll move on.

I think we might. Corners like him pretty much never hit the open market, and we have the CAP space.

God i hope we sign him that would be a HUGE upgrade bill pay him what ever he wants

pixel-1.gif

No way on earth Asomugha stays in the the crapfest that is Oakland willingly. He is probably playing them by saying he will sign a longterm deal so they don't tag him then he is going to not and hit the market. It's messed up, but it's the only way his talent will ever see the light of day.

No way on earth Asomugha stays in the the crapfest that is Oakland willingly. He is probably playing them by saying he will sign a longterm deal so they don't tag him then he is going to not and hit the market. It's messed up, but it's the only way his talent will ever see the light of day.
I hope you are right. His talent is such a complete waste there.

I also dont think the NFL will approve a deal that will put the Raiders over the salary cap.

But, who knows anymore. If we cant get him, we need to make sure the Patriots dont get him.

Back
Top Bottom