Merged: The Official Schedule Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Schedule Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I mentioned this as a possibility last week, but I can now confirm 100% that the full NFL schedule will be released on April 5. This is per my source within the league.

Also, the primetime opening weekend games (Thursday night opener, Fox National 4:15 Eastern game, Sunday night, and Monday night game(s)) will be revealed during the owners meetings next week. My source, could not confirm whether or not there will be one or two Monday night games to open the season.

I can tell you this though about the games revealed next week, rumors are going around within the Colts organization that they will play the Saints in Indy the opening Thursday. Also, the Dolphins have a "strong" possibility to play Dallas in the opening weekend in that Fox 4:15 game; although there are three other games being considered for that spot.

I will keep you guys updated if I here anything new.
Source?? All you have to do is look at ESPN's TV schedule and see the NFL Schedule release show. :shakeno:

The Dolphins will get at least 3 national games. They have one of the nations largest fan bases, despite their record. I dont know about primetime monday night games and such, but the Dolphins should have several 4:15 games and of course that national game in London.

The Dolphins will get at least 3 national games. They have one of the nations largest fan bases, despite their record. I dont know about primetime monday night games and such, but the Dolphins should have several 4:15 games and of course that national game in London.

I know what you mean but I was thinking more like Sunday Night, Thanksgiving and MNF games as being more of the national tv gathering. If you include games of the week where we are part of the marquis matchup espcially vs. Patsies, Yets, or a key intraconference opponent yeah I can buy that happening along with the London game. But, that is OK. Even if we don't get three national TV games this year we will get better soon enough where will once again be in high demand and ready for PRIME TIME!

First of all, LtDan, if you look at when that was posted you will realize that that information was not readily available at time at post. If you would like to have a friendly discussion about the release of the schedule and possible Phins matchups then please, continue posting on this thread, but if your only reason is to try and discredit myself or any other person on this thread, then on behalf of all of us, please dont.

As for everybody else, FinFan16, the Phins will not be playing Dallas in week 1, Dallas will be playing the Giants and also (I am not an expert on this) but I do not believe that dirt will be gone until the Marlins get out of our stadium.

As per the National games, I am sure we will get one or two MNF games, but remember, MNF is the new SNF and SNF is the new MNF . . . so getting an MNF game is not the best you can do anymore. Also, I have serious doubts that London will be national, unless they move the rest of the games to an afternoon start. Likely it will just be the marquee FOX game (the road crew will not be there as it will be during the World Series and Joe Buck will be doing that and Curt Menefee will host from the LA studios). Good point about the flex scheduling though, we can play our way into more exposure.

First of all, LtDan, if you look at when that was posted you will realize that that information was not readily available at time at post. If you would like to have a friendly discussion about the release of the schedule and possible Phins matchups then please, continue posting on this thread, but if your only reason is to try and discredit myself or any other person on this thread, then on behalf of all of us, please dont.

As for everybody else, FinFan16, the Phins will not be playing Dallas in week 1, Dallas will be playing the Giants and also (I am not an expert on this) but I do not believe that dirt will be gone until the Marlins get out of our stadium.

As per the National games, I am sure we will get one or two MNF games, but remember, MNF is the new SNF and SNF is the new MNF . . . so getting an MNF game is not the best you can do anymore. Also, I have serious doubts that London will be national, unless they move the rest of the games to an afternoon start. Likely it will just be the marquee FOX game (the road crew will not be there as it will be during the World Series and Joe Buck will be doing that and Curt Menefee will host from the LA studios). Good point about the flex scheduling though, we can play our way into more exposure.

Well i was under the impression that the London game would not be on a Sunday, but instead be on a Saturday. So it would be televised to a national audience and wont be opposite any other game or have to compete with any NFL game that day.

I've read a few places that it will probably be Raiders/Lions in Week 1.

Yeah, as was reported yesterday, that will be a week 1 matchup in Oakland on FOX.

As for London, you may be right, it may be a Saturday, like I said, I dont have intimate knowledge of that if it is occuring.

^ On a side note i love when the NFL starts the season with meaningful games, division battles, hated rivalry's or better yet:

Raiders-Lions

Losers locks up the number one pick for 08 ;)

^ On a side note i love when the NFL starts the season with meaningful games, division battles, hated rivalry's or better yet:

Raiders-Lions

Losers locks up the number one pick for 08 ;)

Thats funny . . . but I think both teams will be improved enough this year not to get locked into that one pick. In fact, and at the risk of angering a certain large group of people who post here, I think the Bills may have the best chance of winning the Darren McFadden sweepstakes . . . which means they will likely win two games . . . . unfortunately, knowing us, both will be against Miami. :(

Thats funny . . . but I think both teams will be improved enough this year not to get locked into that one pick. In fact, and at the risk of angering a certain large group of people who post here, I think the Bills may have the best chance of winning the Darren McFadden sweepstakes . . . which means they will likely win two games . . . . unfortunately, knowing us, both will be against Miami. :(

Any logic aside, i just cant see why Buffalo is turning a 7-9 team into a team that right now on paper will NOT win 5 games.

Well i was under the impression that the London game would not be on a Sunday, but instead be on a Saturday. So it would be televised to a national audience and wont be opposite any other game or have to compete with any NFL game that day.
The London game is on Sunday October 28th.

The London game is on Sunday October 28th.

Then we wont even get a national audience because of the other games that day. Thats a dumb decision i'd think. Whats the point of sending teams over seas to play when no one who actually cares will be able to see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom