Merged: The Official Schedule Thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Schedule Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then we wont even get a national audience because of the other games that day. Thats a dumb decision i'd think. Whats the point of sending teams over seas to play when no one who actually cares will be able to see it?
The reason it can't be on national TV on Saturday is because of college football games. The rule is, Fridays are for high school, Saturdays for college and Sundays and Mondays for the NFL. Remember in during the 2005 season when the Chiefs game got moved to Friday and no one outside of Miami and Kansas City could see the game? That was because of the rule that Fridays are for high school games and the NFL can't put a national game on. The only reason there are some NFL games on Saturdays is because the college football season ends early and the league can put games on at the end of the year.

In October, the only days the NFL has to work with is Sunday, Monday and sometimes Thursday. With the time change being so great from the USA to London, Sunday is the only logical time to show it. Sure it will compete against other markets, but it will be the national game at its time slot.

Then we wont even get a national audience because of the other games that day. Thats a dumb decision i'd think. Whats the point of sending teams over seas to play when no one who actually cares will be able to see it?

Its the 4:15 National game.

I agree, to me you would think that they would make it saturday so that people here in the US would be able to watch it as well. Hell even the Niners-cards game in mexico was on in primetime I believe and that was a preseason game a few yeas back. This game should be in primetime.

The reason it can't be on national TV on Saturday is because of college football games. The rule is, Fridays are for high school, Saturdays for college and Sundays and Mondays for the NFL. Remember in during the 2005 season when the Chiefs game got moved to Friday and no one outside of Miami and Kansas City could see the game? That was because of the rule that Fridays are for high school games and the NFL can't put a national game on. The only reason there are some NFL games on Saturdays is because the college football season ends early and the league can put games on at the end of the year.

In October, the only days the NFL has to work with is Sunday, Monday and sometimes Thursday. With the time change being so great from the USA to London, Sunday is the only logical time to show it. Sure it will compete against other markets, but it will be the national game at its time slot.

As long as I can watch it then I am for it.

Its the 4:15 National game.

I read it was a 1 p.m game so it would be a 6pm night game in England

and Crypt, i've never heard of that, is that actually a written rule or agreement or is it just something that the NFL just does to be classy. Like not having SNF against the World Series?

and Crypt, i've never heard of that, is that actually a written rule or agreement or is it just something that the NFL just does to be classy. Like not having SNF against the World Series?

No it is true I just forgot about that. Its legal agreement I believe that fri is for highschool, sat for college and so on. They all work together.

Yeah, I think it is a written rule. Another good example is the 2004 game against the Titans. It got moved to Saturday, but Direct TV couldn't show it live because of this rule. Instead, just the markets for the Dolphins and Titans got it and Direct TV showed it as a tape delay that following Sunday.

No it is true I just forgot about that. Its legal agreement I believe that fri is for highschool, sat for college and so on. They all work together.

It was a ruling that came out of the NFL monopoly trial...I think involving the WFL, but I'm not sure...the ruling was that the NFL games could be on Sunday, but not on any night that interfered with high school on Fridays and College on Saturdays. The third week in November (Thanksgiving week) was set as the cut off time for these restrictions, thus we have Saturday and now in December. I'm not sure of the exact wording but that's where it comes from.

i want the pats week 1..i want thomas to stick welker and break stallworths leg

UPDATE:

The NFL Preseason schedule will be released on a special show at 2 eastern on NFL Network.

Merge 3x's:Dolphins Complete Preseason Schedule

WEEK 1August 9-13
Jax @ Miami

WEEK 2
August 16-20
Miami @ Kansas City

WEEK 3August 23-27
Tampa Bay @ Miami

WEEK 4
August 31 - September 2 Miami @ New Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.