MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round

He isn't too slow for corner, he's ran under 4.5. There was a tremendous run on corners on day 1 and there were few left at this point with potential starting ability and Cleveland took one of the few left right before us. He can also play free safety.

IMO the run on corners early overvalued the ones who are still on the board and could the rest of today.

outlawd2u said:
Yea, I don't like this pick at all either.......... I LOVED the 1st 3 picks, but this was a reach IMO. One question though.......... I thought I heard Kiper say he ran a 4.6, but on his player page it says 4.43, did I mishear Kiper????

I think he said he ran that at the first combine. The time you see is probably his fastest recorded.

Bowl_Bound said:
Boom,
Any chance that
McPherson
Hawthorne
Wilkerson or Shazor slip to the 5th?

WILKERSON PROBABLY WILL.

Great pick. He knows this kid well and stated we need to get a corner today. Very smart approach to this draft. Another good value pick.

I agree, but Saban never played Oregon so...

Let's just hope he doesn't pick Lionel Turner in the 5th round. Ben Wilkerson would be great, but Turner ugh...

Jaj said:
I don't like the pick at all no matter what anybody says. Kyle Orton just went to the Bears.
who cares. And Orton blows

I think He will be Safety.. Decent pick. He is only taking SEC guys, but they are GOOD SEC guys.. Not trash.. All of the picks so far will make the team and CONTRIBUTE immediately and longterm.

For you Offense guys.. Remember what Jim Bates said before he left? The Offense is almost set.. I have a feeling Houck saw enough in our guys that he wasnt pushing for more players.. Still could take OL in the 5th.

Saban is the man...all his picks were guys who had grades of at least a round higher!! And for those of you who like to complain, think about where our older guys on defense are:
JT - DE - We get Roth at VALUE
Zach - ILB - We get Crowder at VALUE
Madison - CB - We get Daniels at VALUE, who can also play S
Saban knows what he is doing. A++++ so far.

Guys this was a good pick. He could be a solid safety, he is versitile and can play most positions and best of all, Saban KNOWS what this kid can do.

Hawthorne could have been a huge help at DT. CB is a position we already have depth with. :nono:

HelloMotto said:
espn stated he ran a 4.45 at the lsu workout. Saban probably had him playing out of position out of necessity. Looks like we found our safety.

That was his personal workout on campus so I tend to discount some of those results. He ran in the 4.6s at NFL combine, and having seen him play a few times he does not play like a 4.45 type guy but a 4.6 guy. Like I said it is not a bad pick if he is playing safety. If he is playing CB he is going to get picked on like what UGA did this past year, they didn't even throw at Corey Webster but hit Daniels up for several big yardage passes and TDs.

Orton doesn't blow, he's better than Travis Daniels. Considering we have almost no picks Nick shouldn't just pick SEC players.

Dolfan4life34 said:
its a good pick he can play both corner and safety im sure saban nos something about this kid coaching him and besides i wouldnt be suprised to see us make som trades like zgonina for a 5th and junk like dat we will get a wr and i personally like craphonso thorpe hes 6'2" and 195 lbs runs a solid 4.4 40 he is jus wat we need and then grab one of the defensive tackles and gaurds

with the way i see it

McNeil, Willie OG
Bryant, Anthony DT
Craphonso Thorpe WR

When did the world give up on grammar and punctuation?

Back
Top Bottom