Merged: TV for the game (LOCAL TV ONLY) | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: TV for the game (LOCAL TV ONLY)

Guys, accept "WHAT IS" and make the best of the situation .........I suggest you try the free trial NFL Field Pass on NFL.com and listen to the game over the net. Nothing's going to change by ranting on this forum. When you order your NFL Ticket, they don't keep in mind that you have a favorite team. They offer the package so you can see any game you want, barring complications.

I'm as pissed off at not being able to see it as the next guy, but there's nothing we can do about it and that's final.

This has probably already been said...but Direct TVs site is updated to show the Phins game being played on the NFL Network (Tape Delayed) at 1 pm...sunday.

Fudman said:
To my Canadian Fin-brothers out there:

What are the contingency plans if this game is not available on Rogers Sportspak or Bell ExpressVu? Something has to be done....

Ive called rogers 3 times.. Ive been told each timethe game will be televised. But each time where it will be played has changed.
1st time - on the original Sunday Ticket Channel
2nd time- on my local CBS station.
3rd time- on CBS, butI will have to check my listings.

Which tells me they have no idea:shakeno:

More proof that it's the NFL and not CBS or DirecTV. I was curious to what a network who airs all the Chiefs game had to say about them not being able to show the game. They even have a section about airing all the games. This is a response from the CBS station in Springfield, MO.

KOLR10 is prohibited from airing the Chiefs game for this weekend, which has been moved to Friday night due to weather conditions in Florida. This is not a local issue, so there is nothing KOLR10 can "fix" or "move" to make it happen. Due to contractual stipulations with the NFL, CBS cannot air the Friday game in any market other than the home team markets; KC and Miami. In place of the Chief's game, our 12n game on Sunday will be Pittsburgh @ Cincinatti. Our late game at 3pm will be Denver @ NY Giants. We are hopeful that the NFL will devise some way for the game to be televised, even if it's not on CBS affiliates, so that fans can see it.

Just read this on ESPN:

" The game will be televised by CBS affiliates in primary secondary markets in South Florida and Kansas City. But there will be no national telecast."

Does that include Orlando?

for anyone in the Orlando area I just heard Mark Daniels from 740 The Team say that he was trying to contact Fridays Front Row on I-Drive and trying to find out satelite coordinates so they could "pump in" the game, as he put it.

I wonder if the game would show nationally if it was Notre Dame, The Patriots, or the Cowboys ....

zackattack54 said:
I wonder if the game would show nationally if it was Notre Dame, The Patriots, or the Cowboys ....

ND yes, because college games can be aired on a Friday.

Cowboys or NE....no same boat as us

hey mike you should update your sig to say "highest payroll in baseball umpteen years running and what like five straight years of falling short"?

nephinsfan said:
hey mike you should update your sig to say "highest payroll in baseball umpteen years running and what like five straight years of falling short"?

nah, I like what I have

Direct TV will air live friday night!

I called Direct TV and the guy that i talked to said that the game will be aired on channel 706 friday night. he said that for now it showes that the game will be live but it could change to airing on sunday in a recorded event. so but for now it's supposed to be a live airing of the game just to let you all know.

I think everyone is misunderstanding this. Nobody has yet to say that the game will not be on Direct TV. When they say it will only be broadcast in the local markets that means that it won't be broadcast nationally like MNF games are. Sunday Ticket is a satellite feed from the local channel.

Thanks for posting this man...........this $hit had me wondering all day and I am glad someone finally called.

Thanks boss.

Back
Top Bottom