Merged x4: mcnair and law to Miami.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged x4: mcnair and law to Miami..

madmic21 said:
A few years back is the key. He's banged up, old, and a waste of the dolphins time. Unless you can promise me a super bowl victory this year he only will hold back our progress to a bright future that we have begun to bulid.
I dont see how he can hold back any progress. Surley he is an upgrade over Ferotte and if we draft a QB, then if Mcnair gets hurt later in the season maybe the rookie will know the offence well enough to step in.

Get Gus to restructure and draft a qb 2-4 round and build him for 2007. Gus will be better next year more expierienced with the line, recievers, staff and he will have ricky and ronnie together for a whole year.

Again and again,no to Mcnair,we have got to think future.Gus will be fine and I can't think of a game we lost that you can blame on him.Stiffen the secondary though and the rest will take care of itself.

Spend the money on other needs that we have. thats where i see us losing progrees use the mcnair money on youth and depth.

Wallace758 said:
hes a qb that will put this team over the hump....are u kidden?

Are YOU kidding? He's an old, injury prone, halfway decent QB. He is NOT the saviour of the Miami Dolphins!
Now stop this McNair nonsense!

I can't see how Gus can get that much better. You say Mcnair is old and washed up. Gus is old and has been washed up ever since he head butted the goal post. I also dont think he will cost very much

t2thejz said:
I dont see how he can hold back any progress. Surley he is an upgrade over Ferotte and if we draft a QB, then if Mcnair gets hurt later in the season maybe the rookie will know the offence well enough to step in.

Why waste the cap space on him? He WILL get hurt. It's only a matter of when. This idea is ridiculous!

madmic21 said:
Man all this speculation is getting old. I just wonder why we would waste money and other resources to sign Mcnair. I could possibly get hurt miss the season and leave us with another year where we get nothing done at the qb position. I really don't think that he will get us any closer to a Ring. He hasn't really got the Titans anywhere.

really, one yard away from winning a SB isn't anywhere?:shakeno: I hope you mean the last couple of years. Even if you do, it's irrelevant, he's had less talent on his offense than almost any QB the last two years. Unfair to judge.

t2thejz said:
I can't see how Gus can get that much better. You say Mcnair is old and washed up. Gus is old and has been washed up ever since he head butted the goal post. I also dont think he will cost very much
But we alraedy have Gus so it would be a latteral move.

dol60 said:
But we alraedy have Gus so it would be a latteral move.
Depends on the point of view. if you think Gus=Mcnair then yea. I'm not on the Mcnair bandwagon at all, but I'm not opposed to getting him

I'd say Yes to Mcnair and Maybe to Law.
Mcnair would be an instant upgrade over Gus, and would give us a 2-3 years break to try and find the franchise QB. Gus could be his backup.

About Law, I think he's worth bringing in, but not for more than 3 mil a year..Would he play for that? i don't think so...maybe if he wants so much to play for us lol
I'd rather have Clements

t2thejz said:
He played pretty banged up in a couple of them too. I want a full season, because once you get hurt any injury could linger into the playoffs.

:rolleyes2
Show me a QB that is guaranteed to make it through an entire season.

Ohio Fanatic said:
really, one yard away from winning a SB isn't anywhere?:shakeno: I hope you mean the last couple of years. Even if you do, it's irrelevant, he's had less talent on his offense than almost any QB the last two years. Unfair to judge.

That was several years ago I did mean last couple of years. they have been very difficult years for mcnair. I realize that he only missed a couple games last year and that he is and was one tough sob but his time is passed I am afraid and I dont wish to see the dolphins become one of those teams that goes backwards when trying to go forward with washed up talent. Mcnair has had a great career and quite possibly has something to offer but I would prefer if he was somewhere else

It's just Ty Law blowin smoke! Saban didn;t think he was worth it last year, I doubt anything has changed since then.

And I don't believe that we would want to spend as much as it will take to land McNair either.

Back
Top Bottom