Merged x4: mcnair and law to Miami.. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged x4: mcnair and law to Miami..

every body's forgetting that McNair is a recent pro bowler............because of creative accounting sure :), but he still was there.

madmic21 said:
4-12 to 9-7 is a pretty good measure in my eyes. A lot had to do with Saban and other reasons, but I still am pretty sure that his game management and other aspects that can not be shown with numbers played a decent role in the phins success.
I agree with you there. The thing with Gus that kills me is all the open WR he missed deep. If we could have a qb that could hit just a few of those deep balls then I believe we would have made the playoffs. If Ferotte can restructure to vets min. then we could probably keep him and sign Mcnair and let them battle it out for the starting job. Then if one goes down we still have a dependable back up. Also if we draft a rookie QB all he has to do is hold the clipboard for the 1st season which is a good thing IMO

I am not real big on getting McNair but I would much rather have him than Kitna or Gus for that matter. McNair is not a lateral move for Gus, no matter how much you love Gus he has and never will be as good as McNair. And Kitna I still don't get, he is just like Gus, a good backup but shouldn't really be starting in the NFL. If you draft a young QB who will need a few years before he is ready to lead a team than I think McNair is a good option.

Blackshade said:
I am not real big on getting McNair but I would much rather have him than Kitna or Gus for that matter. McNair is not a lateral move for Gus, no matter how much you love Gus he has and never will be as good as McNair. And Kitna I still don't get, he is just like Gus, a good backup but shouldn't really be starting in the NFL. If you draft a young QB who will need a few years before he is ready to lead a team than I think McNair is a good option.
Look at Kitnas numbers that last 2 years he started. Pretty respectable. I dont think he is anything great, but I think he can get us to the playoffs.

death7star said:
nice more garbage the at QB position...nice.

oh Death star, you're always so down on the old boy QB's. :wink:

do you honestly believe he couldn't teach a young guy a few things???

Ya'll are nuts. If we get McNair, that is a huge upgrade to gus. Keep gus to be the third sting...draft a kid in the 3rd rd.......If we get McNair and Law, then focus on OL and D in the draft....then we got something!!

Geauxfins said:
Ya'll are nuts. If we get McNair, that is a huge upgrade to gus. Keep gus to be the third sting...draft a kid in the 3rd rd.......If we get McNair and Law, then focus on OL and D in the draft....then we got something!!

that's not a bad thought there Geaux

These presumed signings smack of Fantasy Football. Who will we have to cut to sign these two cap killing players?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3114
Here are last years stats not bad but 16tds to 11int not all that impressive when a quarterback starts to go downhill this stat gets a lot closer to 1-1 rather than 3-1. Favre for example. I don't know if the mind slows down or the preparation becomes too tedious. Just not a good sign for me. Even though it could be team related I would still be concerned to throw good money in this direction.

Ok… as promised...

Gus played in 16 games for us last year.

In one of them (San Diego) he was fantastic, just really great. In three more (Denver, Oakland and 2nd NE game) he was really good.

So that’s four. In ONE game he was on the good side of average (1st NE game).

So that’s five games total where he was either the good side of average or better.

Here are the bare bones of the other ELEVEN games:

20-43 for 177 yds. 46.5% comp! 1 td, 1 int. 56.1 rating.

14-33 for 171 yds. 42.4% comp! 2 tds, 1 int, 66.6 rating (satan!)

21-33 for 226 yds. 63.6% comp. 2 tds, 3 ints. 66.0 rating.

21-43 for 267 yds. 48.8% comp. 0 tds, 0 ints.. 68.7 rating.

11-29 for 125 yds. 37.9% comp! 0 tds, 1 int.. 37.3 rating. Ouch.

16-28 for 168 yds. 57.1% comp. 1 td, 1 int. 71.7 rating.

13-22 for 103 yds. 59.1% comp. 0 tds, 1 int. 51.9 rating.

(as a brief aside, those seven games were in a row… it is any surprise we lost six of them and tanked our season?)

4-18 for 58 yds. 22.2% comp. 0tds, 0 ints.. 39.6 rating.

12-28 for 115 yds. 42.9% comp. 0 tds, 0 ints, 54.9 rating.

8 for 16 for 76 yards. 50% comp. 1 td, 1 int. 58.3 rating.

14-30 for 151 yds. 46.7% comp. 2 tds, 1 int.. 70.3 rating.

That is eleven bad games. Take a good look at those games.

Eleven out of 16 isn’t acceptable from anyone in any position. Least of all QB.

McNair would be an immediate upgrade over Gus. He would be him out in any open competition. Say what you will about his injuries, but the guy plays through pain. He embodies the tough and relentless style of play that Saban always talks about. If he's out there, the Phins will definitely make a push for him JMO.

he'd be a good fit with us...specially with our offensive weapons...

madmic21 said:
Man all this speculation is getting old. I just wonder why we would waste money and other resources to sign Mcnair. I could possibly get hurt miss the season and leave us with another year where we get nothing done at the qb position. I really don't think that he will get us any closer to a Ring. He hasn't really got the Titans anywhere.

That's a risk you take in acquiring any QB! Veteran or rookie for that matter....

Back
Top Bottom