Merged x4: mcnair and law to Miami.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged x4: mcnair and law to Miami..

Mcnair does know football and has been in every type of big game. he could help our future QB a lot more than Gus.

and Ty Law would be a huge addy to our D... any Michigan man should be more than welcome on the fins. :)

I wonder with all the trouble that the jets had with personel, chemistry ect. if Law had something to do with it? Anyone heard anything along those lines?

madmic21 said:
That was several years ago I did mean last couple of years. they have been very difficult years for mcnair. I realize that he only missed a couple games last year and that he is and was one tough sob but his time is passed I am afraid and I dont wish to see the dolphins become one of those teams that goes backwards when trying to go forward with washed up talent. Mcnair has had a great career and quite possibly has something to offer but I would prefer if he was somewhere else
C'mon guys. Look at his stats. Wasn't co-mvp just 2 years ago. He is not what he use to be. He still has a rocket of an arm. He is still more accurate than Gus. We have a better o-line and running game than the Titans. I'm not looking for him to be a pro-bowl qb, but I think he is worth the risk to bring in for a year or two. There is no way we would regress from bringing him in. If he has a poor season,or gets hurt. then so be it. He won't be with us next year. I doubt his numbers would be any worse than Ferottes this year. He wouldnt be the main guy on our offence. We are going to run more under Mularky than linehan. If Mularky could make guys like Maddox and Kordell Stewert pro-bowlers when they were being called "washed-up" then why not Mcnair?

Lappy said:
Mcnair does know football and has been in every type of big game. he could help our future QB a lot more than Gus.

:wink: that is a very good point

There are people who think McNAir is a lateral move from GUS???

That shows either a massively unrealistic appraisal of Gus or a massively unrealistic appraisal of McNair.

I'm going to put together a little sample of Gus's games last year... give me a sec. I can't believe how much better people think he did than he actually did. All caught up in the Saban success, i guess and they are giving credit to Gus for it.

t2thejz said:
C'mon guys. Look at his stats. Wasn't co-mvp just 2 years ago. He is not what he use to be. He still has a rocket of an arm. He is still more accurate than Gus. We have a better o-line and running game than the Titans. I'm not looking for him to be a pro-bowl qb, but I think he is worth the risk to bring in for a year or two. There is no way we would regress from bringing him in. If he has a poor season,or gets hurt. then so be it. He won't be with us next year. I doubt his numbers would be any worse than Ferottes this year. He wouldnt be the main guy on our offence. We are going to run more under Mularky than linehan. If Mularky could make guys like Maddox and Kordell Stewert pro-bowlers when they were being called "washed-up" then why not Mcnair?

Good point there buddy! I'm glad someone put it that way!!!

nopony said:

That shows either a massively unrealistic appraisal of Gus or a massively unrealistic appraisal of McNair.

I'm going to put together a little sample of Gus's games last year... give me a sec. I can't believe how much better people think he did than he actually did. All caught up in the Saban success, i guess and they are giving credit to Gus for it.

I'm not one of them but to aquire McNair for next season doesn't seem to be the best option for the Phins for the future.... It would set us back IMHO

t2thejz said:

This just my opinion and your point makes as much sense as mine, p:dolphins: ossibly more. especially if our line could keep him from taking to many hits

nopony said:

:yeahthat:
definately..

Superself said:
:rolleyes2
Show me a QB that is guaranteed to make it through an entire season.
You can never guarantee anything, but I can show you plenty of Qbs that have had a hell of a lot less injuries than Mcnair has.

nopony said:

4-12 to 9-7 is a pretty good measure in my eyes. A lot had to do with Saban and other reasons, but I still am pretty sure that his game management and other aspects that can not be shown with numbers played a decent role in the phins success.

McNair-QB, Law and Poole/Daniels on other side, hmmm SB in Miami i think. McNair Knows how to control his throws, Gus who i was impressed with the end of the season is not a good as McNair. Having him here will get us farther and if we Draft a QB in draft he is perfect to groom him

Back
Top Bottom