Merged x4: mcnair and law to Miami.. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged x4: mcnair and law to Miami..

It shouldn't be a huge transition for him, the verbage would be similar to what he already knows......and our offence I wouldn't say is overly complicated.

He'd pick it up quickly.

t2thejz said:
Look at Kitnas numbers that last 2 years he started. Pretty respectable. I dont think he is anything great, but I think he can get us to the playoffs.

If David Woodley (RIP) can get to a Super Bowl, then why not Gus?

nopony said:
People have no clue.

McNair threw for more yards, a far better comp %, a higher YPA, a better td/INT ratio. He did everything better, some things a LOT better.

All with a worse supporting cast.

He is a BIG upgrade over Gus and will probably play for the perfect amount of time to groom a rookie, without holding him back.

And apparently some don't realize he's younger than Gus.

Bingo.

PhinGeneral said:
The better question is- Why would you want to hang your hat on that?

I'm simply pointing out that DW wasn't even a serviceable quarterback, he was good becasue his cast around him made him good. Gus isn't as bad as everyone thiinks. I agree he isn't our next Dan Marino, no one will ever be...But I don't remember anyone complaining about Gus when he was having success. Only when he had failure. I say give Gus a break, bring in a vet to COMPETE for the starting job, and draft a future QB. If a QB is all we need to get to a Super Bowl, we would have made the playoffs last year without one. think about it.

marino2duper73 said:
I'm simply pointing out that DW wasn't even a serviceable quarterback, he was good becasue his cast around him made him good. Gus isn't as bad as everyone thiinks. I agree he isn't our next Dan Marino, no one will ever be...But I don't remember anyone complaining about Gus when he was having success. Only when he had failure. I say give Gus a break, bring in a vet to COMPETE for the starting job, and draft a future QB. If a QB is all we need to get to a Super Bowl, we would have made the playoffs last year without one. think about it.

He knows what you were pointing out... he's saying, wisely, why take a much worse chance of going anywhere? Sure it can happen, but it's much, much less likely than if you have even a decent quarterback.

As to the Gus thing... I've said it so many times. Go back through the thread. Look at the stats I posted for his 11 horrible games this year. Justify that. How is that "not as bad as I think"?

And a lot of people knew gus stunk when we brought him here to begin with. The only reason he started at all was that Feeley imploded. He was not intended to be our starter... everyone in football knows he's not good enough to start.

nopony said:
He knows what you were pointing out... he's saying, wisely, why take a much worse chance of going anywhere? Sure it can happen, but it's much, much less likely than if you have even a decent quarterback.

As to the Gus thing... I've said it so many times. Go back through the thread. Look at the stats I posted for his 11 horrible games this year. Justify that. How is that "not as bad as I think"?

And a lot of people knew gus stunk when we brought him here to begin with. The only reason he started at all was that Feeley imploded. He was not intended to be our starter... everyone in football knows he's not good enough to start.

Could have been worse. We could have had Jake Plummer starting.:lol:

why i think we sign mcnair...

look at it this way, just like law said, we are a contender if we get a quarterback. you have seen how nick operates, he likes to build whats good for the future, while still being competitive. i believe we get some young prospect but sign mcnair to a 2 year deal. he will be a short term solution while keeping us competitive, without being TOO expensive. this will give us a great qb to groom our young guy.

it makes sense...win now, and be competitve for the future.

McNair has a lot left in him IMO, but he would have to come in and adjust to our offensive schemes, not to mention get in rhythm with our receivers... that might create a problem for the offense and the chemistry that was developed last year...thats why I am all for Gus starting next year and grooming a younger QB beneath him

I think our offensive scheme is getting a little too much credit. McNair is a veteran QB that should be able to grasp the offense with OTAs, TC, and pre-season. Hey, Gus had been in that system for two years, and you see his play last year was atrocious. As far as rhythm, the two people that probably have the most rhythm on this team are Sage Rosenfels and Chris Chambers. CC had the biggest game that a Dolphin receiver has ever had (Buffalo), and it seemed that those two connected with more ease than CC and Gus, so the chemistry thing might be a bit overrated too. McNair is an accurate Qb and you develop chemistry and rhythm by being consistent, so he should be able to develop this sooner than later.

Gus will improve having been with the offense for a full year now, as well as getting a full training camp taking snaps with the first team

No proof of this. As I said, he was playing in Linehan's system for the third straight year and he put up very shotty numbers. In fact, he's been putting up horrid numbers his whole career. I think I see a pattern. There's no getting better. Last year was one of the best years of his career, and he was adequate at best.

McNair no (I respect the hell out of Steve M., but Gus has my vote of confidence as QB this year)...:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Did you forget the many games that your cursed at your TV for Gus missing a WIDE OPEN receiver? Gus sucks, plain and simple. Saban said we need to upgrade, and I trust that he will.

I do not see how any one can argue this..

With these 2 free agent signings, the fins can go other ways in the draft without having to worry about trading up for Cutler. If hes around thats one thing, but why have to sweat that? I would LOVE to go into the draft knowing Ty Law and Steve McNair are on our team! Wouldn't you feel much more comfortable, and more importantly, wouldn't Saban feel more comfortable picking the best available, and not having to worry about trading up? I trust in whatever Saban does--but its obvious he would have more time to worry about the draft and filling holes in our D and an OL pickup, and making a good deal (or resigning) Ricky, whatever Saban sees fit. This is so stupid anyone would argue that this article, if true, isn't a good thing!
Law & McNair, please feel MORE than welcome to put on aqua & orange.
go fins

I could live with Gus, Steve and a Rookie as our qbs.

Sorry but im not reading all 9 pages of this. But have they allready verbally said they want to come to miami?

Back
Top Bottom