Merged x4: mcnair and law to Miami.. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged x4: mcnair and law to Miami..

Of course people will never be happy. Ever.

PerfectSZN said:
Wow, people are really hard on McNair. He still had a good pass completion % for a poor team. He still could have 3 yrs left if he can stay healthy. I believe he is worth adding to our team at the right price. I would be pretty happy with having him, Gus as a backup, and hopefully draft a QB if one is available that makes sense at our picks.

People have no clue.

McNair threw for more yards, a far better comp %, a higher YPA, a better td/INT ratio. He did everything better, some things a LOT better.

All with a worse supporting cast.

He is a BIG upgrade over Gus and will probably play for the perfect amount of time to groom a rookie, without holding him back.

And apparently some don't realize he's younger than Gus.

I don't why everyone keeps talking aobut McNair's injuries like its such a big deal. Last year is the ONLY year in his career that he has to miss SIGNIFICANT time due to injury. The guy is tough as nails, and he comes to play on Sunday. I would be overjoyed if he gets released from the Titans and gets signed by Saban. He's a year younger than Gus and WAY more accurate and his arm is still strong.

I would consider McNair a big upgrade over Frerotte and I guess Law is saying the same. I'm all for it at the right price. If we bring in McNair we don't have to trade up for Cutler and can sit back at 16 and see if he's still available or draft a QB later on. Law would be a good replacement for Madison. I'm for it if Saban wants to go that route.

nopony said:
And apparently some don't realize he's younger than Gus.

You beat me to it! More than a few keep stating that McNair is so old, etc, etc, not realizing that he is in fact 2 years younger than Gus. Oh and Gus has had his share of injuries as well. IMO if McNair has a TC to get used to our offense he would be an upgrade over Gus, without a doubt.

late again said:
You beat me to it! More than a few keep stating that McNair is so old, etc, etc, not realizing that he is in fact 2 years younger than Gus. Oh and Gus has had his share of injuries as well. IMO if McNair has a TC to get used to our offense he would be an upgrade over Gus, without a doubt.

Technically only 1 year, since today is Mcnair's b-day.:tongue:

nice to hear that said, But I dont want to see either of those guys in a dolphins uniform

Forget McNair. He only has about two years left in him. He may have better stats than Frerotte, but that is misleading. Those stats are with a team that treats him like a God. It is similar to the Packers and Brett Favre. McNair would come to Miami and pull a Junior Seau. He would contribute and maybe be slightly better than Frerotte, but Miami would fall short of their goals.

Bottom Line: Frerotte is already in place. Frerotte will make a good backup. Miami needs to get someone to take Frerotte's spot that will be around in Miami for quite some time.

Forget Law. He is a borderline T.O. He has great talent, but brings too much baggage. He wants another ring. He said it himself. That is all he cares about. When things start going bad in games, he will run his yapper and cause problems for the team.

Bottom Line: Find a way to keep Madison instead of Law. If Madison has to go, find some young talent in the draft and try to get someone other than Law in free agency. $10 mil is too much for Miami to waste on Law.

Finally, and once again, Forget T.O.

Forget these three high profile guys. Miami doesn't need them.

Forget McNair. He only has about two years left in him.

Say this is true... isn't that about perfect for us? Draft the future, play McNair while the rookie learns. Someone to come in and play well for two years would be perfect.

He may have better stats than Frerotte, but that is misleading. Those stats are with a team that treats him like a God. It is similar to the Packers and Brett Favre. McNair would come to Miami and pull a Junior Seau. He would contribute and maybe be slightly better than Frerotte, but Miami would fall short of their goals.

What? Nonsense. Why does treating him better have anything at all to do with his stats? Sure didn't hep your example, Favre, any this year, did it?

In fact, if anything, the stats are MORE impressive, not less, given the surroundings.

Bottom Line: Frerotte is already in place. Frerotte will make a good backup. Miami needs to get someone to take Frerotte's spot that will be around in Miami for quite some time.

Sure, if we get Rivers or Brees. Otherwise you get a rookie and someone in here in the meantime that can actually play quarterback.

Law and/or McNair

this is a tough one on a lot of levels... I would love to see McNair in a Fins uniform, but I feel it would be a mistake to bring him in...McNair has a lot left in him IMO, but he would have to come in and adjust to our offensive schemes, not to mention get in rhythm with our receivers... that might create a problem for the offense and the chemistry that was developed last year...thats why I am all for Gus starting next year and grooming a younger QB beneath him... Gus will improve having been with the offense for a full year now, as well as getting a full training camp taking snaps with the first team... like I said, I would love to see McNair here, but I think it would be a mistake from an adjustment standpoint... now as far as Law is concerned, I would pay him his 10 million in guaranteed money...the guy is old, but you cant deny how his level of play hasnt declined...I think he would accel in Saban's defense as a physical corner... I dont want anyone bringing up his age, simply because he played at such a high level all of last year, not to mention he is a continuous hassle to the Dolphins when we play against him...having him on our team would be a major upgrade to the secondary, and if we draft a young cover CB, that rookie would have the opportunity to play under a veteran like Law and learn some of the tricks of the trade... to sum it all up: Law yes, McNair no (I respect the hell out of Steve M., but Gus has my vote of confidence as QB this year)...:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

mjwenz said:
http://www.sportsline.com/fantasy/footballNews: CB Ty Law, who is attempting to win himself another ring in 2006, told the Kansas City Star that one of the teams he wants to play for next season is Miami because they are a quarterback away from winning a title, and Titans QB Steve McNair could be that passer. "Miami is talking about getting Steve McNair down there, and if the Dolphins get a quarterback, they're a real contender for the Super Bowl," Law said. "That's what it's all about for me right now. I need to win another title."Analysis: McNair is expected to either restructure his current contract and stay with Tennessee or be released and try to find a new home. The Dolphins would be a pretty good fit for the Pro Bowler, and if he did sign there it would make them Super Bowl contenders (not to mention make McNair a top-20 Fantasy QB). Stay tuned.

:lol:

Whoa......Whoa..... That's a BIG statement!
He'd be a "top 20" QB....
So, he would NOT be in the bottom 12!!! :lol:

Did anyone else find this comment funny?
Kinda like someone saying "he'll be a top 30 QB" :lol:

I don't believe McNair would be good for Miami. I'd actually prefer to keep Gus.

I believe we would be FAR better off looking at someone else.:dolphins:

Dolphin39 said:
I don't believe McNair would be good for Miami. I'd actually prefer to keep Gus.

I believe we would be FAR better off looking at someone else.:dolphins:

Wow ...

Gus is no where near the QB Mcnair is .....

All you people should be glad that he could be heading to .Florida.

Can somebody tell me how long McNair has been with his current OC? Or how many OCs he has had in his carrer. I am all for an upgrade, which I think a McNair would be, as you can see my only concern is a vet coming in and learning a new system. Now I know Gus has to start over with OC MM, but at least he is familiar with the team. Any thoughts and answers would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom