MERGED: Zack as a Strong safety? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Zack as a Strong safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats why we should try making him a defensive tackle..instead of drafting one and making chester a lt..problem solved

phinatik7 said:
Its clear some of you get satisfaction out of making people feel stupid. Ok he gets the point, its a ridiculous idea to put Zach at SS, but ITS NOT a ridiculous idea to move a linebacker to safety or vice versa. I can think of 3 off the top of my head that have been converted, Michael Boulware, Adam Archuleta, Tony Bua, and im sure theres more. Whats dumber is some are making lame jokes like 'yeah lets move Fiedler to Linebacker' when thats not even close to his comparison. Give him a break, some of the people flaming him post dumb sh*t all the time.

difference is they were rookies. you can teach a rookie and new position. you cant teach a player that has played 8 years in the NFL at LB about the safety position. Zach is 31 years old, big difference.

Nappy Roots said:
difference is they were rookies. you can teach a rookie and new position. you cant teach a player that has played 8 years in the NFL at LB about the safety position. Zach is 31 years old, big difference.
And like I said, 'yes its ridiculous to move Zach to safety, but its not a ridiculous idea to move a linebacker to safety'. People are making it seem like he wants Zach to play RB. My point was people were taking it too far with the bashing.

phinatik7 said:
Its clear some of you get satisfaction out of making people feel stupid. Ok he gets the point, its a ridiculous idea to put Zach at SS, but ITS NOT a ridiculous idea to move a linebacker to safety or vice versa. I can think of 3 off the top of my head that have been converted, Michael Boulware, Adam Archuleta, Tony Bua, and im sure theres more. Whats dumber is some are making lame jokes like 'yeah lets move Fiedler to Linebacker' when thats not even close to his comparison. Give him a break, some of the people flaming him post dumb sh*t all the time.
Of course the question was could Zack become a strong safety? The logical answer would have been either YES....or NO. And then perhaps...take the time to explain why you gave your answer. I for one believe Zack could become a strong safety...maybe not the greatest...but a decent safety.
Football history is full of players who played different positions...in their career...some switch from offense to defense...some switched from one defensive position to another, one offensive position to another...QB's switching to receivers...safeties...running backs...it goes on and on.

One other thought...it's seems it's easier for Zack to lose weight than to gain. His frame has taken all the weight it can...he could lose 10-12 pounds easily and still be a large Safety in the NFL. Will it happen...but that wasn't the question...now was it.

fishypete said:
Of course the question was could Zack become a strong safety? The logical answer would have been either YES....or NO. And then perhaps...take the time to explain why you gave your answer. I for one believe Zack could become a strong safety...maybe not the greatest...but a decent safety.
Football history is full of players who played different positions...in their career...some switch from offense to defense...some switched from one defensive position to another, one offensive position to another...QB's switching to receivers...safeties...running backs...it goes on and on.

One other thought...it's seems it's easier for Zack to lose weight than to gain. His frame has taken all the weight it can...he could lose 10-12 pounds easily and still be a large Safety in the NFL. Will it happen...but that wasn't the question...now was it.

ohh man. :shakeno:

Nappy Roots said:
Nappy...do you know for a fact, that Zack never played safety before? Do you think with Zacks defensive knowledge and background...it would be impossible for him to play at safety? The question was "could Zack become a safety".

Nothing more...nothing less.

fishypete said:
Nappy...do you know for a fact, that Zack never played safety before? Do you think with Zacks defensive knowledge and background...it would be impossible for him to play at safety? The question was "could Zack become a safety".

Nothing more...nothing less.

For one, i never said he never played safety, read my post again. and for 2, i do know for a fact that he could not become a safety, dude, its a extremely terrible idea man, give it up.

Nappy Roots said:
For one, i never said he never played safety, read my post again. and for 2, i do know for a fact that he could not become a safety, dude, its a extremely terrible idea man, give it up.

You know he couldn't become a safety?

Can you tell me what kind of players Belicheck or Saban look for?

fishypete said:

no cause i dont know whats in their mind. but anybody that watches the dolphins play knows that Zach has incredible instincts at MLB allowing him to not have to be fast. Hes a slow LB, what do you think he will be at Safety???? i mean seriously dude, you gotta be joking around.

fishypete said:

I can't say for sure about Saban, everyone THINKS they know what type of players and coaches he likes, what types of schemes he'll run, etc. But I know Bilicheck likes players without huge egos, players that won't be disruptive to the team, etc.

Nappy Roots said:
no cause i dont know whats in their mind. but anybody that watches the dolphins play knows that Zach has incredible instincts at MLB allowing him to not have to be fast. Hes a slow LB, what do you think he will be at Safety???? im seriously dude, you gotta be joking around.
Yep Zach is such a slow Linebacker that he manages to in on stopping every play for the defense. "I'm seriously."

Themajster said:
Yep Zach is such a slow Linebacker that he manages to in on stopping every play for the defense. "I'm seriously."
watch football. its called instincts and smarts. you can be slow and play LB. you cant be slow and play Safety. by the way, thanks for pointing out my typo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom