MERGED: Zack as a Strong safety? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Zack as a Strong safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celtkin said:
I agree but does it require a top level post to do so? Can't the levity be posted within the original ridiculous thread? Certainly you aren't advocating top level posts for every lame idea, even if it is in response to another lame post.
not always, but sometimes (like this time IMO), its extremely hilarious.

you must not know how funny it is to come back to the computer after a couple of hours to open the finheaven boards and see a thread "Wayne Huizenga to SS?"

that is classic.

texasPHINSfan said:
not always, but sometimes (like this time IMO), its extremely hilarious.

you must not know how funny it is to come back to the computer after a couple of hours to open the finheaven boards and see a thread "Wayne Huizenga to SS?"

that is classic.
I'm not arguing with you, my friend. I thought it was funny too. I just think that sometimes it's better to ignore the chaff and not submit to becoming one of them. With the exception of the Zach as SS post, almost all of the rest of the SS posts have been in jest.

Do we really need the regulars like Skape and you (who represent the younger posters and the backbone of this community) to feed the insanity.

You guys are the future of this board and are icons for the future Fin's fans. I say that out of the utmost respect for both of you.

Celtkin said:
I'm not arguing with you, my friend. I thought it was funny too. I just think that sometimes it's better to ignore the chaff and not submit to becoming one of them. With the exception of the Zach as SS post, almost all of the rest of the SS posts have been in jest.

Do we really need the regulars like Skape and you (who represent the younger posters and the backbone of this community) to feed the insanity.

You guys are the future of this board and are icons for the future Fin's fans. I say that out of the utmost respect for both of you.
well thank you.

I have a wonderful sense of humor and look for an easy laugh at every opportunity, even at the expense of maturity. :)

don't take it too hard. ;)

This post really has me thinking. Perhaps we could petition Saban to let us have some input into where some of our players will be playing next season.
I think besides those other changes i mentioned earlier, I'd like to also see:
- Drew Carey line up at RG next to Vernon Carey. Maybe even Jim Carey at TE. That could become our Carey offense. If we invited Moriah Carey to the game she could sing too.

DOLFANMIKE said:
This post really has me thinking. Perhaps we could petition Saban to let us have some input into where some of our players will be playing next season.
I think besides those other changes i mentioned earlier, I'd like to also see:
- Drew Carey line up at RG next to Vernon Carey. Maybe even Jim Carey at TE. That could become our Carey offense. If we invited Moriah Carey to the game she could sing too.
and Mary Carey could be our cheerleader! :D

fishypete said:
I don't know if Sammy Knight will remain a Dolphin, but I was wondering...Zack is
about 20 pounds heavier than Sammy...of course he could always lose a few pounds...but I would think he's as quick as Sammy...he knows how to tackle and cover...he has great knowledge of the game. Could Zack move to Strong Safety? Zack has taken alot of pounding thru the years...it could help to extend his career. Players have moved around from one position to another...during their career's, I'm just wondering if Zack could also.
:spit:

Man I should really start hittin these boards up on the weekends. We dont get this quality during the week anymore.....

On a serious note: No. Can you imagine him in pass coverage? Oh man, if ZT was our SS and I was the opposing team, I would pass EVERY single play.

InMyChambers said:
this board would be a whole lot better if you had to be 21+ to come on it.
Ya know, Im older than 21 but I must say that age really doesnt matter. I will agree that there are some youngins who arent very knowledgeable, I dont pretend to know everything, but with that said, there are some 40-50 year olds that I think just started watching football yesterday that some of the younging would take to school and run circles around them.

bua should be moved back to safety and we need to draft one, hopefully in the first 2 rounds if we can get some extra picks in those ranges...

Zach as a Strong Safety.

This from the person that brought you Jason Taylor as a CB. Pete still coming up with those ideas huh.

DNY said:
Zach as a Strong Safety.

This from the person that brought you Jason Taylor as a CB. Pete still coming up with those ideas huh.
Would you put that comic book down and get the info right....I never said Taylor played or could play Corner...I believe we did have a discussion concerning Taylor playing OLB. :tongue:

fishypete said:
Of course the question was could Zack become a strong safety? The logical answer would have been either YES....or NO. And then perhaps...take the time to explain why you gave your answer. I for one believe Zack could become a strong safety...maybe not the greatest...but a decent safety.
Football history is full of players who played different positions...in their career...some switch from offense to defense...some switched from one defensive position to another, one offensive position to another...QB's switching to receivers...safeties...running backs...it goes on and on.

One other thought...it's seems it's easier for Zack to lose weight than to gain. His frame has taken all the weight it can...he could lose 10-12 pounds easily and still be a large Safety in the NFL. Will it happen...but that wasn't the question...now was it.
To answer the question directly.... no, Zach could not become a strong safety. He simply doesnt have the speed and losing 20lbs isnt going to increase his speed that much. When Zach was a rookie he WAS about 20lbs lighter. Even then he was pulled out on 3rd downs because he was considered too slow for pass coverage. He worked on his speed and complained enough that he finally convinced JJ to leave him in on 3rd down, but barely.....and as a LB. The jump to SS would be far beyond his ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom