MERGED2X:QB job holdup irking Frerotte\Gus sounding like\I do not care... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED2X:QB job holdup irking Frerotte\Gus sounding like\I do not care...

The thing is if he is frustrated, he needs to keep it in-house. There is no good to come from spouting it off to the media except to look like whiner when it is his fault he is not starting. They want to give him the job, they are begging him to step it up and take it. He just has not done his part.

For a guy who is supposed to be so poised in he huddle, etc. he sure looks like a poor leader.

depac33 said:
lol....it's like picking which Dr. you want to get your prostate examined by....:lol:
That's an easy decision... the one with the smaller fingers! :D

Back on topic, Frerotte is starting to sound like a whiner. That being said I just hope (as I have ALL preseason) that one of these two knuckleheads would distinguish themselves from the other. I hate having a QB controversy.

MtnFinFan said:
I've been on the fence with the qb situation until this morning. Just wanting whoever would get the offense in gear and help the defense win some games. I haven't envied Nick's position of, what is that saying trying to separate the chaff from the ...

Anyway, after all this mornings headlines about Gus being frustrated about the starting job not being decided I'm leaning toward AJ.

Seems like his frustration is with the coach not making a decision rather than where it should be, frustration with his play in the last few games when he was all but given the starting job. Then it occurred to me to compare how these two guys have reacted to the situation. It seemed to me that when Gus was all but given the starting job two weeks or so ago, AJ acknowledged his mediocre/poor play and his comments to the press were like how he was going to use the situation to battle back and get fired up and improve his play. There was no pity me and my situation. Now that coach has indicated the competition is still on (and why would Gus assume it was ever off?), it's poor me and coach needs to name me starter to develop timing. No accepting responsibility for his own poor play. If anyone should be frustrated with the situation it should be AJ since he's gone through this 2 years in a row now, was the incumbent starter on this team, and yet he has shown a greater maturity in handling the situation than the 12 (or whatever) year vet. Rather than whining about the situation AJ realized the position he put himself him and used it as motivation to step up his play. All Gus can come up with is, "I'm frustrated coach hasn't named me the starter". ???

So, I guess based on how these guys have handled the situation you can now put me in the start AJ camp.

Anyway, as I've said before if the OL is as bad as these threads suggest they'll both have their chances to play this year while the other is recovering in the hospital.

Thank you, nice summary.....I remember AJ getting pissed off about the "farce" of a competition and showing some extra fire on the practice field. Some people said he went about it the wrong way, getting mad on the practice field and getting so frustrated with one teammate that he "chucked" a ball at him....they said that that wasn't the way to handle things.....Well, now I ask, which way looks better?

Feeley buckled down, gus just buckled.

inFINSible said:
Thank you, nice summary.....I remember AJ getting pissed off about the "farce" of a competition and showing some extra fire on the practice field. Some people said he went about it the wrong way, getting mad on the practice field and getting so frustrated with one teammate that he "chucked" a ball at him....they said that that wasn't the way to handle things.....Well, now I ask, which way looks better?

Excellent point and well stated.

inFINSible said:

Yeah, I'd rather see a guy get fired up than be "woe is me".

It's interesting to note how AJ was quoted this morning as believing that this year's competition has been less of a farce than last year's. Maybe just kissing some serious butt or is it an indication of how much better a coaching staff we have here now.

If you wanna win now play Gus if you want to to develop AJ as the QB for the future then play him this season
Ya Gus hasnt thrown for 4tds and 300 yards but he hasn't played a full game for him and the rest of offense settle in and get confortable with each other.
This is a very inexpericed o-line and I think we played decent considering we played 4 hard defenses Bears,Jaguars,Steelers Buccanners.

At least Denver has no idea who to game plan for.

depac33 said:
lol....it's like picking which Dr. you want to get your prostate examined by....:lol:

Revenge of Dr. Jelly Finger. When I had mine checked I didn't realize until afterwasrds that both his hands were on my shoulders... :(

:goof:

Samphin said:
Revenge of Dr. Jelly Finger. When I had mine checked I didn't realize until afterwasrds that both his hands were on my shoulders... :(

:goof:

Very "Crying Game."

MtnFinFan said:

It's interesting to note how AJ was quoted this morning as believing that this year's competition has been less of a farce than last year's. Maybe just kissing some serious butt or is it an indication of how much better a coaching staff we have here now.

I don't think he is kissing butt here. I remember he didn't get any snaps with the 1st team in training camp last year with Wanny. I think Wanny was in a little power trip showing that he was going to use his guy....not someone he didn't bring in.
He was really forced into using Feeley.....

MtnFinFan said:

Maybe it has been less of a farce than last year, maybe it just looks that way from the outside but, I believe he's just being a "good soldier" and doesn't want to get in Saban's doghouse.

Tommatt said:
I don't care, but if its that close, start feeley. Hes younger, people say he has talent, and if we lose, we draft high. At least we finally know with feeley right?

Aside from this years QB contraversy........maybe I'm looking too far ahead, but if we're depending on next years QB draftee - how long will it take to get a young draftee to work into our system before he's ready to start? In the meantime we'll still be using one of the 2 "backups" we have now????? The odds of having a good starting QB next year are what? (unless Gus gets rejuvenated or Feely develops in to a Brees-type late bloomer)...or maybe Culpepper decides he wants to be back playing in Florida(for the Fins of course) I vote for the latter......:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom