MERGED2X:QB job holdup irking Frerotte\Gus sounding like\I do not care... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED2X:QB job holdup irking Frerotte\Gus sounding like\I do not care...

Canadianfishfan said:
Hardly the comment I would expect from a columnist. Makes me truly leary of reading anything you may contribute.

Gus is just stating something that almost every QB that competes and expects to start says.... Offensively you have to have time to develop as a team...

We are just perpetuating the QB woes for another year with indecision after indecision.

As a major contributor I would expect you not to feed the fodder of trolls.... I was thinking of getting athe VIP... but if this isthe actions of Major contributors.. I think I may not.
stop whining.

CrunchTime said:
Its not a bad idea to split snaps until one separates himself from the other.The mistake would be to start the wrong guy.IMO we will need both of them this season anyway and AJ still needs the work.
is there any way we can have TWO ! quarterbacks on the field at once ? just to keep Gus happy

Canadianfishfan said:
i wouldnt expect anything less pleasnt from you... You make it notable to insult many.

have a good day!
Hey Pot, what does any of this have to do with what he wrote??.....This is all nothing but a personal attack because you didn't like what he had to say.....

Canadianfishfan said:
Hardly the comment I would expect from a columnist. Makes me truly leary of reading anything you may contribute.

As a major contributor I would expect you not to feed the fodder of trolls.... I was thinking of getting athe VIP... but if this isthe actions of Major contributors.. I think I may not.

You want everyone else to play by the rules except yourself?

riiiight...

:www:

Canadianfishfan said:

Gus is just stating something that almost every QB that competes and expects to start says.... Offensively you have to have time to develop as a team...

We are just perpetuating the QB woes for another year with indecision after indecision.

I am a columnist. You can review my columns, every single one has recieved high reader ratings, and decide if you want to read or join or whatever.

However, my columnist effort is volunteer time. First and foremost I am a fan. A dedicated fan of 36 years. And like any other fan I am entitled to my opinion and view. If you are so squeamish, and narrow minded that you won't join because of my comment, then I think the VIP membership is better off.

There is no crying in football!

I don't blame Frerotte for being frustrated about the whole QB situation, I was hoping we would have named a starter by now because than we'd know who is our guy and

I really don't blame Frerotte for being frustrated about the QB situation, we all are. We're all tired of seeing threads about Frerotte and Feeley and the QB competition. I'm sick of hearing from Gus lovers (I will not give in to use the word "Gusketeer", NEVER!) and I am sick of hearing from AJ lovers. And a part of me is extremely relieved that Brock Berlin was released because I'm sick of hearing about how he's the future for us. Lets not kid ourselves here, we are all FRUSTRATED with our QB situation. A lot of us feel Gus is the man for the job, a lot of us feel AJ is the man for the job, and a lot of us feel that we don't have a starting calibur QB on our team. Any of those could be true. Let me get one thing straight that I'm hoping a lot of you will agree with me or already feel the same way... I want Saban and our coaching staff to determine who the better man is for the job and to start him. I don't want to keep switching QB's, I don't want to go through a Jay Fiedler moment, I don't want to go through what we did last year. Right when we signed Frerotte, all I have asked.... from the very very beginning (on that very day we signed him) is that I hope we don't have to go through what we did with Fiedler and AJ... Fiedler and Griese... Fiedler and ANYONE! I'm hoping after the Atlanta game Saban and the rest of our coaching staff decide on our starter for Week 1 with Denver and stick to that situation. I don't want to see a Wannstedt choose a guy minutes before gametime and than take him out the first half and than switch to the other QB and than switch back to the QB. Gus Frerotte... AJ Feeley... Sage Rosenfels..... someone please win the starting job and end this pandamodium. Thank you for hearing me ROAR!

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: Couldnt agree more!!!!!

The Bears just released Hutchson, so he went from starter to off the team in a week. So maybe it's time to say good bye to the whinner and sign Rohan Davies.

How about a coin toss before every game! Heads Gus, tails AJ.

Cry me a river Gus. He has no upside. He is not taking anybody anywhere. Help mentor the younger guys or retire... There is no point in Gus starting.

ErroneousFlint said:
has he ever had any good games NOT playing under the roof in Minn.?
yeah a couple during his run in Washington when he sarted but nothing that makes you think he wil do it again. very up and down I guess would be the best way to call it.

inFINSible said:
Hey Pot, what does any of this have to do with what he wrote??.....This is all nothing but a personal attack because you didn't like what he had to say.....

You want everyone else to play by the rules except yourself?

riiiight...

:www:

Man the canadian is sensitive for the record I too have been insulted on this MB !!!!!!!! LMAO (several times) hahahaha

Canadianfishfan said:

Trent Dilfer in Seattle
Jon Kitna in Cinncy
Drew Bledsoe didn't complain till after the SB
Aj Feeley didn't complain
Jay Fiedler didn't complain
Frerotte didn't complain when they went back to Culpepper

Only Feeley wasn't a starter the rest were all about doing what the team needed to do to win. They admitted displeasure but said they wanted to win.

Kurt Warner
Gus Frerotte
Mark Brunell
They are your whiners.

There is a difference. However I will say this. Competition is part of the game and I don't truly fault Frerotte for being irked. However, he isn't exactly being the most professional about it either

fin-atic said:
I am a columnist. You can review my columns, every single one has recieved high reader ratings, and decide if you want to read or join or whatever.

However, my columnist effort is volunteer time. First and foremost I am a fan. A dedicated fan of 36 years. And like any other fan I am entitled to my opinion and view. If you are so squeamish, and narrow minded that you won't join because of my comment, then I think the VIP membership is better off.

There is no crying in football!

HELL I'm going to join now!!!!! :rofl3:

I've been on the fence with the qb situation until this morning. Just wanting whoever would get the offense in gear and help the defense win some games. I haven't envied Nick's position of, what is that saying trying to separate the chaff from the ...

Anyway, after all this mornings headlines about Gus being frustrated about the starting job not being decided I'm leaning toward AJ.

Seems like his frustration is with the coach not making a decision rather than where it should be, frustration with his play in the last few games when he was all but given the starting job. Then it occurred to me to compare how these two guys have reacted to the situation. It seemed to me that when Gus was all but given the starting job two weeks or so ago, AJ acknowledged his mediocre/poor play and his comments to the press were like how he was going to use the situation to battle back and get fired up and improve his play. There was no pity me and my situation. Now that coach has indicated the competition is still on (and why would Gus assume it was ever off?), it's poor me and coach needs to name me starter to develop timing. No accepting responsibility for his own poor play. If anyone should be frustrated with the situation it should be AJ since he's gone through this 2 years in a row now, was the incumbent starter on this team, and yet he has shown a greater maturity in handling the situation than the 12 (or whatever) year vet. Rather than whining about the situation AJ realized the position he put himself him and used it as motivation to step up his play. All Gus can come up with is, "I'm frustrated coach hasn't named me the starter". ???

So, I guess based on how these guys have handled the situation you can now put me in the start AJ camp.

Anyway, as I've said before if the OL is as bad as these threads suggest they'll both have their chances to play this year while the other is recovering in the hospital.

frerotte has nobody to blame but himself. He's had every advantage you can get in a one sided compettition and it's him, and him alone, that has refused to "take the bull by the horns".

gus has no class and no pride.

Back
Top Bottom