Merged2X: Whoa.. We signed BERLIN?/Yes! | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged2X: Whoa.. We signed BERLIN?/Yes!

From reading part of this thread, I have discovered that most of you don't like this signing. But I think it could be good. I don't know if this has already been posted, but I found this article about draft sleepers that talked about Berlin being a sleeper. This is the link to the article, and below is the portion on Brock Berlin.

Brock Berlin:

Is the tank empty? Was it ever full once he left high school? Is Brock Berlin the greatest quarterback or the biggest flop in quite some time? I like my Brock Berlin the same way I like those Blackhawk helicopters. Pretty reliable for the most part, got a lot of firepower, but generally crash and kill everyone on board. But the memory of glory days still remains. If someone can take this kid and get his act together on a football field, he could end up being a solid quarterback at any level. Now I know what you're thinking: "Maestro, how can you say that after the kid just played for the Canes, who are basically no longer the 'University of Miami' and are now 'NFL: Coral Gables'?" Well, that is an excellent question. But the potential still remains. Berlin's college numbers have fallen drastically short of expectations, airing 6,000 yards for 34 TD's while in orange and green. But Berlin isn't Kyle Orton, who was on top of the world and crashed and burned and never got his confidence back (which is also because he was never that good to begin with), Berlin has been consistent, at least. That's a plus, right? Consistently inconsistent. You have Rick Neuhisel taking over the quarterbacks in Baltimore. You have countless other NFL coaches who have the ability to take a kid like Berlin and make him decent NFL material. He's a project, but may be completely worth it. The kid is clearly a better quarterback than everyone on the Cardinals' depth chart. Roll the dice, take a chance, Arizona. You're not getting any better to begin with. Brock Berlin is not, and should not be, labeled as damaged goods.

There are sound reasons why 32 teams passed on Berlin. He has NEVER lived up to expectations. I am SHOCKED that Saban would consider such an underachiever, he is supposed to want guys who play above their level.

dolphingator said:
There are sound reasons why 32 teams passed on Berlin. He has NEVER lived up to expectations. I am SHOCKED that Saban would consider such an underachiever, he is supposed to want guys who play above their level.

He came cheap and will be used for training camp....the Pats also added another QB..Cassel played for USC...sounds like another Brady...played behind a starter...could be Saban is waiting for his old LSU QB to be let go...one never knows.

dolphingator said:

:roflmao: Maube you should give Saban a call then.. tell him how you feel

Saban has GOT to address QB. Period. This franchise is going nowhere without a 10-year starting quality QB and we don't have that. Get that problem solved NOW Saban because if you don't it will come back and drag this team down every year just like it has for the last 10 years. Our draft looked just like something wannabe would do... all defense.

Are we (Huizenga) too CHEAP to pay for offensive players? What is going on?

dolphingator said:

Berlin is an Undrafted Free Agent. In other words, it costs nothing to bring him in and evaluate his potential.

I wouldn't get too worked up about this one way or the other

dolphingator said:
Saban has GOT to address QB. Period. This franchise is going nowhere without a 10-year starting quality QB and we don't have that. Get that problem solved NOW Saban because if you don't it will come back and drag this team down every year just like it has for the last 10 years. Our draft looked just like something wannabe would do... all defense.

Are we (Huizenga) too CHEAP to pay for offensive players? What is going on?
I understand your point but don't you think you're being a tad dramatic?
If Feeley isn't the answer, I'm sure there will be a new QB drafted next year. It's not the apocolypse that you are making it out to be. Do you honestly think that Saban is so stupid that he would stick with having NO QB on the roster that he likes, rather than drafting one in this draft? Obviously he feels that we have enough talent at QB to warrant not taking one. Unless you think you know more about our QBs or the ones that were available at each of our picks than Saban does, your argument is seriously flawed. So, instead of wailing about it in thread after thread how about you rest secure in the knowledge that we all know how you feel and give it a rest?

inFINSible said:
If Feeley isn't the answer, I'm sure there will be a new QB drafted next year. It's not the apocolypse that you are making it out to be. Do you honestly think that Saban is so stupid that he would stick with having NO QB on the roster that he likes, rather than drafting one in this draft? Obviously he feels that we have enough talent at QB to warrant not taking one. Unless you think you know more about our QBs or the ones that were available at each of our picks than Saban does, your argument is seriously flawed. So, instead of wailing about it in thread after thread how about you rest secure in the knowledge that we all know how you feel and give it a rest?

:yeahthat: :clap:

I just want to throw my input in here. I watched Berlin the two years he was QBing for Miami. Its no lie that he stunk up the joint his first year starting. He stared down receivers when he took the ball under center. This past year however, he has shown vast improvement. He still does sometimes stare down receivers but for the most part the improvement was extremely noticable. 20 TD's to 5 Ints is great.

Berlin in the two-minute drill is like having a Joe Montana on your team. He gets in the shotgun, goes through his reads beautifully and throws the ball on target. I don't think anyone can deny this guy has a strong arm. There were times when he tried to throw the ball too hard and ended up firing it right at the receivers feet.

Our defensive front 4 is what let us down this past year. 300+ yards to UNC and 250+ yards to Clemson. We win those games if the defense could stop the run.

The one thing that I noticed about all his faults is that they are mental. I think he can be coached to at least be a good backup in this league and maybe one day down the line start somewhere.

inFINSible said:
Great post. I PRAY he reads this and ceases posting about our QB dilema

its not like we signed me here. this guy was a good qb. he had many comebacks, he deserves a shot

What expectations have Feeley or Gus lived up to so far.........He is signed to the roster, he wasn't given the starters job..................

Back
Top Bottom