Miami Dolphins’ current view of Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert might surprise you | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ current view of Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert might surprise you

my problem with tua is the significant injuries keep happening. 4 surgeries on 4 separate injuries in the last 2 years is way more concerning than the burrow/herbert injuries.
You really want to include the spring training broken finger and the lower legs injuries together?? You think they belong together???

During Alabama's first spring practice of 2018, Tagovailoa hit an offensive lineman while throwing a pass. The collision resulted in a broken index finger that required surgery.
Luckily, the injury didn't cause Tagovailoa to sit out any practices, had he missed time you guys would have crucified him more lol

Two elective surgeries to his lower legs so he could return to action

And the broken hip a doozy for sure

You really want to include the spring training broken finger and the lower legs injuries together?? You think they belong together???

During Alabama's first spring practice of 2018, Tagovailoa hit an offensive lineman while throwing a pass. The collision resulted in a broken index finger that required surgery.
Luckily, the injury didn't cause Tagovailoa to sit out any practices, had he missed time you guys would have crucified him more lol

Every time I read about a QB breaking their finger on an offensive lineman I just think of how Ray Lucas tanked an entire season once it happened to Fiedler.

It is more concerning, absolutely. Mainly the hip though. Ankle sprains are a huge deal to you? And you have read by now surely that those were elective surgeries to strengthen the ankle.... soooooo yeahhhh.... a knee sprain too? Players get hurt. Broken hand could happen easily as well

Don’t misconstrue what I’m saying as Tua’s injury is no big deal but you have to at least acknowledge other guys have been hurt too.
usually ankle sprains aren't a huge deal...until you have surgery on them.... and the orthopedic surgeon refers to your injury history as significant. still, between the ankles, knee and the finger you don't let those scare you off. but the hip injury was the ffs moment for me. enough is enough.

This is how I read that post...

It could just be me....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

usually ankle sprains aren't a huge deal...until you have surgery on them.... and the orthopedic surgeon refers to your injury history as significant. still, between the ankles, knee and the finger you don't let those scare you off. but the hip injury was the ffs moment for me. enough is enough.
Elective preventative surgery is a big deal?

They are rated #28 Defense, so I don't see how they have so many fantastic players on defense. Didn't look. Trying to only focus on the top Defenses he played.
#28 doesn't "sound" very good, but taken in context it is top quarter DIV1AA. Also in context is the reative offensive strength of opponents.

If you consider those things, #28 becomes fairly good.

How does Herbert fit into the system Gailey has used in the past?
He has run a few different styles as coordinator, depending on who he was working for. As HC it was predominantly a spread, which is more common now than it was then.

Over all, I think he adapts to the skills of his players. Probably one of the things Flo likes about him.

He has run a few different styles as coordinator, depending on who he was working for. As HC it was predominantly a spread, which is more common now than it was then.

Over all, I think he adapts to the skills of his players. Probably one of the things Flo likes about him.
Good analysis. Thanks!

if sprained ankles aren't a big deal why do you need preventative surgery?
To prevent them in the future? Because if you can take steps to avoid any sort of injury you might as well go ahead and do that

“Not a big deal” doesn’t mean it’s just nothing but let’s not act like this is some major injury / surgery like the hip

That’s all I’m trying to get across. Y’all are hyping up all these injuries too much (other than the hip)

Y’all are hyping up all these injuries too much (other than the hip)

It's not just the injuries or types of injuries in a vacuum …. It also has to do with the frequency and the part of the body they occur pertaining to playing football … hips, legs, knees and ankles are kind of important (as well as attached) IMO … speaking solely for myself on this

Not saying/implying he can't/won't overcome them but it's a bigger gamble than not

Back
Top Bottom