Miami Dolphins’ current view of Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert might surprise you | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ current view of Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert might surprise you

Bad finger...ok, football injury.

Ankle sprains...ok, football injury.

Dislocated hip...not ok, injury you get from a catastrophic car injury.

Cherry-picking...yeah right.
Well this post isn’t mostly crossed out so hey itnworks

tom brady was a 6th rd pick....
troy aikman went 1-15 as a rookie...
peyton manning had 28 ints...
tenor.gif

all outliers that people commonly cite as if they are the rule rather than the exception. drew brees and russell wilson are also the exception and not the rule.
You mean like how you implied that taller QBs have greater success? Just asking for a friend.

yeah but that's the rule, though. thats what is common to the history of the game. not 6ft QBs.
Name me one QB that was greater than 6’6” + who’s won anything? So I guess that’s an outlier as well?
Sweet spot apparently for QBs is between 6’3” and 6’5”. See how stupid that sounds? A difference of a couple inches. Inches may make up for the skills in bed but I don’t see it as a difference maker playing QB in this day and age.

Name me one QB that was greater than 6’6” + who’s won anything? So I guess that’s an outlier as well?
Sweet spot apparently for QBs is between 6’3” and 6’5”. See how stupid that sounds? A difference of a couple inches. Inches may make up for the skills in bed but I don’t see it as a difference maker playing QB in this day and age.
thats a great point. 6'2 to 6'6 is really where you wanna be when targeting a franchise QB.

all outliers that people commonly cite as if they are the rule rather than the exception. drew brees and russell wilson are also the exception and not the rule.
You do realize that because of rule changes geared toward the passing game and the way offenses have changed with so much shotgun and pistol formations and the rpo's that they have implemented that lack of height of a QB is not perceived as a negative as it once was in the dinosaur era of the NFL? Russel Wilson would not have dropped as far as he did if he entered the draft today. The last two #1 overall picks in the draft were QBs 6ft tall or shorter. There is no longer a premium on height when it comes to the QB position these days.

Last edited:
You sure do have a knack and a history of falling in love with and touting QBs with a marginal chance of succeeding in the NFL.

The Dolphins need a QB...the only QB I’m in love with is Burrow. However... short of him pulling a Elway/Manning he is out of reach for us.

Tua is great but not durable and scares me...so that leaves Herbert and Love next on the list.

I want one of those 4 on this team...not sure where you got your crystal ball regarding grading QB’s and knowing who has a marginal chance of succeeding? You should be an NFL scout with such surety.

I’m not stuck on anybody.... but I don’t want to trade up for an oft-injured QB ...I want to either trade up for Burrow.... or sit at 5 and take the best QB who falls to us.

Back
Top Bottom