Miami Dolphins Move Toward New Philosophy, And It Will Be Painful | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Move Toward New Philosophy, And It Will Be Painful

You cant buy a consistent perfect superbowl winner overnight in the NFL

I'm ok with losing next year if we build the team the right way. This should have been done a long time ago. No more older free agents to plug a hole here and there. Trade vets away and get picks and then you build thru the draft.

IMO, Wake is a different case. He was not a FA rental, at the tail end of his career.

Miami is the only team he has ever played for. For many of those teams, he was really the only top tier player on the roster, therefore becoming a fan favorite.

I good organization does not treat Wake the same way it treats a Branch, or a Kilgore.

Wake should have been gone years ago. this is the problem with miami franchises, dont know why. wake had a couple of good seasons but has not been a factor in ages. we are not the heat whose puropose is not to win but have a nice send off for wade, and udonis, winning being an afterthought over there.

tanny , wake, branch all these guys would have lasted two years in pitt, ne etc

If Cam signs with another team, I believe we would get a 3rd Rd comp.
Alternative, sign him, keep him around the team and camp, he is a solid vet presence and then possibility trade him to contender.

There definitely will be some talent walking out of the building and I wouldn't expect a splash in free agency to replace anyone. We might see only Fales and Falk as the QBs next year so I can see a step back. There is still a fair amount of talent and with a good new coach, they can be competitive next year but the real push will come later

Lord, if Fales and Falk are the QBs, that’s as close to a guaranteed winless season as you’ll ever see.

If im going 34 im dumping everything we have on the edge. I dont see a fit anywhere

I agree with NJ Dolphan here.
Need to shed these vet contracts- Quinn, Branch, Kiko, Larsen, etc and build through draft.
Really have to work towards acquiring draft capital through trades.

If im going 34 im dumping everything we have on the edge. I dont see a fit anywhere

Quite the opposite. We have some undersized ends, Quinn, Branch are basically like TJ Watts, and Harris is 6-3, 240.

Hoops- who are we really talking about on the DL?
In my mind Harris Quinn Cam Branch are all gone. Hood and Williams are gone.
Cam bc it’s a long term build. No slight to him.

Godcheaux and Taylor can play end 3/4.
Spence is a cap casualty. The DL is a dumpster fire. It was a historically bad defense.

Quite the opposite. We have some undersized ends, Quinn, Branch are basically like TJ Watts, and Harris is 6-3, 240.

I’m sorry - any post that starts with Branch- have to say no thanks.
Quinn is overpriced and is an average 4-3 end.

I’m sorry - any post that starts with Branch- have to say no thanks.
Quinn is overpriced and is an average 4-3 end.

We have personnel save for a NT to run 34, right now. It's a different matter that you do not like some players.

Yep dump kiko too

Dump and decline. Trade players for assets.
I was screaming to trade Kiko mid season while on his BS hot streak and trade DVP after his career game.
I think you may be able to sell both for 4ths.
If Ross is really dead serious, he should start eating some $$ in these deals.
Use $$ to sell players, not to buy players.
Use $$ to buy the picks.

Thats just it you dont have any 34 edge fits. So you gonna have to build that whole top 4 rotation brand new.

Its quite the task in one offseason just seems unrealistic maybe a piece at a time.

Taylor and godchaux to me are one gap penetrators ideal fit. Godchaux anchors well but i still think hes a one gap player. Doesnt mean we have to be a 2 gap 34 either

Of all the edge options harris is probably the one that gets the sniff.

Ive seen branch wake and quinn in a 34 and its not good. Hard pass. William hayes got traded to a 43 because its his only fit.

Back
Top Bottom