Miami Dolphins Move Toward New Philosophy, And It Will Be Painful | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Move Toward New Philosophy, And It Will Be Painful

Several posters here pushing a 3-4 D.

I'm not really a big fan, but I'm also far from a defensive expert.

What are the perceived advantages/disadvantages?

The only times u have ever seen it work all that well, in when you have a mammoth nose, like Wilfork for example.

Usually teams that try it, tend to move away from it after a few seasons.

This 34 conversation will come up in the hiring process. We have the personnel, we can run it because of the decisions the FO made. To that end, we are not limited to 43 defensive coaches. We can hire a 34 coach, or a hybrid coach -- the roster we have allows us to do that.

What does chicago and seattle and minnesota run? Cause thats schematically what id want to mimic.

Knowing full well that means i have to crush it personnel wise in the draft with the talent adds

We dont have the personnel. Not on the edge

But maybe you draft a primary 2 point stance edge difference maker. You gonna have to hit

I dont think you get anything in trade for kiko. Not at that salary. But if its rebuild good bye

And if white in the draft is the bpa when we come on the clock hes a dolphin paired with raekwon and baker

I dont think you get anything in trade for kiko. Not at that salary. But if its rebuild good bye

And if white in the draft is the bpa when we come on the clock hes a dolphin paired with raekwon and baker

Yup, I'm looking at White first and foremost. If he's gone, I'm looking at defense BPA. CB, S, DL, don't care. Need something.

What does chicago and seattle and minnesota run? Cause thats schematically what id want to mimic.

Knowing full well that means i have to crush it personnel wise in the draft with the talent adds

Minnesota and Seattle run a 4-3 primarily. I believe both are a little hybrid based on some of what I've seen this year, but primary 4-3.

Chicago kinda the same boat but primary 3-4. They've moved Khalil all over, playing in 2 and 3 point

Common denominator is they all have premier pass rushers

does anybody remember how much suffering we did with the 3-4?
what we need are de who are not retirement age.

I understand the personnel doesn’t fit but it’s a REBUILD.
The current DL personnel will be 75% gone.
Couple things:
I think it’s a 2 year build.
The better Defenses now are 3/4
Fangio runs 3/4
Baker and McMillan would fit in middle. Obviously K Mack doesn’t grow on trees but we have 5-7 pieces on DEF.

Kiko gone regardlesss. I’m saving 6 million and addition by subtraction. I would eat an extra 2 million in a trade to get a pick.

Kiko gone regardlesss. I’m saving 6 million and addition by subtraction. I would eat an extra 2 million in a trade to get a pick.

Ya LB another weak spot.
Sadly Kiko is best we got and getting rid of him an easy decision.
McMillan so far pretty disappointing IMO don't see anything special there.
Baker refreshing and showing potential in this his first year but still to be determined...

At 13 pk. probably no real QB option and we may pick up a Bridgewater, damn hes only what 26. So if Devon White is on the board I'm running up to the podium with bells on....

We don't have the LBs to run a 34 D
We got everything my man. We need a coach. Belichick gets it done. Others get it done with lesser talent. We are not worse, we got players for everything.

Back
Top Bottom