Miami Dolphins name Mike McDaniel as Head Coach | Page 56 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins name Mike McDaniel as Head Coach

Who doesnt know Ricky Williams? Dude crushed college football, Mike Ditka traded a whole draft for him, he quit football because he wanted to smoke weed which had Espn do a documentary on him... If you dont know who Ricky Williams is, you've pretty much been living under a rock for a long time...

Only Ricky Williams I know was on the Young and the Restless.

Im in the minority here but mehhh....tell me who he hires to coach OLine, OC etc etc and then ill be excited...

Not surprising, it's obvious this guy was the target.

My thoughts:

1. Much better hiring process than we had with Flores. Flores was totally unqualified to be an NFL head coach. Just an awful hire, completely wrong priorities there. I blame Ross and Grier 100%.

2. The Shanahan tree is an improvement over what we've had recently. Those guys understand things like the need for a rushing offense, complementary defense, and putting your quarterbacks in positions where they can succeed, rather than expecting them to run Tom Brady's offense like Tom Brady and thinking that the phrase 'Do Your Job' is meaningful.

3. I'm not impressed with McDaniel himself. Just being honest. Don't like how he presents himself and I think he's going to have to enjoy some kind of immediate success or things could turn disastrous quickly.

4. Which leads me to my last point, the major problems with this franchise are still in place: Steve Ross and Chris Grier.

I think McDaniel has stepped into a situation where he's almost certain to fail, which is a shame, but that was going to be the case for anyone this team could hire. The handful of people with enough strength of personality and competence at the job are either already employed elsewhere or retired.

Not surprising, it's obvious this guy was the target.

My thoughts:

1. Much better hiring process than we had with Flores. Flores was totally unqualified to be an NFL head coach. Just an awful hire, completely wrong priorities there. I blame Ross and Grier 100%.

2. The Shanahan tree is an improvement over what we've had recently. Those guys understand things like the need for a rushing offense, complementary defense, and putting your quarterbacks in positions where they can succeed, rather than expecting them to run Tom Brady's offense like Tom Brady and thinking that the phrase 'Do Your Job' is meaningful.

3. I'm not impressed with McDaniel himself. Just being honest. Don't like how he presents himself and I think he's going to have to enjoy some kind of immediate success or things could turn disastrous quickly.

4. Which leads me to my last point, the major problems with this franchise are still in place: Steve Ross and Chris Grier.

I think McDaniel has stepped into a situation where he's almost certain to fail, which is a shame, but that was going to be the case for anyone this team could hire. The handful of people with enough strength of personality and competence at the job are either already employed elsewhere or retired.
So despite Flores being totally unqualified and completely horrible and Ross and Grier being unbelievably nightmare disasters in every possible way, the team managed to win 20 games the past two years.

So despite Flores being totally unqualified and completely horrible and Ross and Grier being unbelievably nightmare disasters in every possible way, the team managed to win 20 games the past two years.

Yeah, they beat up on a lot of bad quarterbacks. Pretty easy to win games against teams rolling out the corpse of Joe Flacco and other incompetent buffoons, or missing half of their rosters due to COVID protocol.

Yeah I just don't get how a team can be both unspeakably horrible at both ownership, selecting players, and coaching that they win on average 10 games a season in 2 years. Perhaps you're just overstating things a tad :)

This is the one. This is the guy to turn it all around. I don’t even know if I fully believe that, but we’re overdue dammit.

Agree...I was initially unsure about the hire & wanted a coach with HC experience, but there's no denying there's something intriguing about McDaniel & a very left field hire which I didn't think Ross would make.

Already, he seems to have brought an energy to the organisation & fanbase.

His communication skills seem to be night & day compared to Flores & I have no doubt it will continue onto to the rest of the squad.

I also feel he wants to make his own mark & out of Shanahan's shadow, so I actually wouldn't be surprised if he begins to try even further innovative schemes which maybe Shanahan didn't take on board.

Now lets see if this all translates onto the field on game day & I suspect he may need time for his vision of running a successful football team, much like the Niners gave Shanahan when he first took over.
Pretty good take for a rookie

Back
Top Bottom